Test Patch Notes 7/8

Discussion in 'Test Server: Announcements' started by d_carey, Jul 8, 2014.

1. d_carey Developer

Resource Consolidation

Infantry resources, Mechanized resources, and Aerospace resources have all been combed into a single new resource called Nanites.
    • All vehicles and MAX now cost Nanites to be created. Vehicle and MAX costs have been rebalanced to account for the consolidation.
    • Consumable stack sizes have been reduced to the max possible carrying capacity. Players who have more than the new stack size will still have all the consumables they purchased previously, but will be unable to purchase more until they drop below the new stack limit.
    • Acquisition timer cert lines have been deprecated,and all certs spent on them refunded.
    • Acquisition timers have been removed from vehicles and MAX. The ability to pull additional vehicles and MAX is now purely based on available resources to the player.
    • Infantry consumables are now purchased with Nanites. Costs of consumables have been rebalanced.
    • Nanite income has replaced all other resource incomes and occurs at a steady 60 resources per minute.
    • Resource boosts such as those from Membership now apply to Nanites.
    • Nanite income is tied to the warpgates, so it does not change with territory ownership or vary by continent.
    • New players will start with 600 nanites.
    Additions:
    • Auto-resupply by default for consumables and related UI is not quite done yet. It is recommended that testers turn on auto-resupply manually if they haven’t already.
    • Some of the UI is not yet complete for this feature, such as the TAB screen, tooltips, map, etc. This is a known issue.
    • Continent lock benefits are not yet hooked up to use the new system. They are simply non-functional right now.
    • Up x 21
  2. Ronin Oni

You have no idea how many certs you just gave me :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

EDIT: Also... 1st!

Wait, question... resources removed from base capture..... so... other than taking a continent, is there any benefit to owning bases? Or cutting off a lattice lane and breaking link to WG?

I know base power is coming in a future update, but it will need to come fast if base ownership is becoming meaningless outside entire continent capture.

This WILL make fighting when owning little to no territory FAR more enjoyable now though.
    • Up x 2
  3. Scr1nRusher

Best PTS notes so far,

But still your previous PTS notes(the Tank and rocket change) were/are unneeded to a point where the whole community freaked out over them.
    • Up x 5
  4. Maljas23

Whoa. This looks awesome!
    • Up x 1
  5. Yuukikun

The way i read it, people who always spam the same thing can spam even more, and people who want to diversify their play time will suffer from this? Also huge nerf to infantry.
    • Up x 2
  6. o.Solei.o

Nope.

The people who suffer are the ones who spam plane/tank/inf/plane/tank/inf.

Also, not having to play inventory tetris every few minutes? WIN!
    • Up x 3
  7. PurpleBeefer

YES more lib spawning ahem i mean now i can diversify my portfolio. i think this might work out fine. since sometimes situations call for more air or more tanks more often than others.
  8. Klondor

I hope there isnt so much C4 Spam after this rebalance. I would like to actually try driving a prowler for more than 30 seconds.
    • Up x 5
  9. Gammit

This is the only part I don't quite get. Can you elaborate as to how and why?
    • Up x 5
  10. HadesR

Is the cap still 750 or has it been reduced to 600 ?
  11. eldarfalcongravtank

good change, i guess. but i am kinda disappointed this resource revamp happens without actually changing the way the factions gather resources:

- there should be resource gathering units (non-combat sunderers act as gatherers) that are needed to deliver resource income to all factions
    - players should be able to actively gather resources and receive a small xp or resource bonus benefit (and if they dont and rather choose to fight, an npc should gather resources instead, but without bonus benefit)
    - protecting your resource gatherers, supply lines and resource processing plants from enemy interference should not only be an objective itself but also be vital for keeping a steady resource income to spend on consumables and ground/air vehicles

i am aware that this undertaking cannot happen overnight. hell, not even in the next months. but it would be wise to let us know how things gonna develop with time and what you devs have planned after this 'first phase' is implemented on live servers after thorough testing
  12. EGuardian1

Uhh... what if you have over 10k Certs in acquisition timer? (eek)
    • Up x 3
  13. MrJengles

Best change to PS2 ever. Thank you!

I would hope this is only their first pass, the previous Roadmap thread contained this:
    • Addition of Auraxium Crystals/Mines as a power source
      • These are resource nodes added in between facilities
      • Vehicles fitted with appropriate equipment can load up auraxium at these nodes
      • This auraxium can be transported to a base to manually refill it’s power reserves
    • When a base is totally out of power, no resources are provided to the friendly troops in the area. This allows the attacker cut off entrenched defenders from using resources if they can keep supply vehicles from breaking their blockade
    Are you guys still planning to add these?
    • Up x 1
  14. Elrobochanco

On Reddit Malorn said raised to 900. Of course all costs have been changed so no idea how that will turn out.

It means that in this pass territory you are fighting in does not control your income. It's a flat maximum (as if you were in WG).
    • Up x 1
  15. Ranik

We are still sitting on Velocity / Gravity nerfs + all of the AP/HEAT/HE changes. And now a new resource system is going in which will probably further nerf/restrict armor play.... Joy.
    • Up x 1
  16. Phyr

What about the resources being tied to population?
    • Up x 1
  17. doombro

When will these actually go up? The anticipation is killing me.
  18. Darkwulf

So whats the point of controlling territory now?
    • Up x 1
  19. GhostAvatar

Dont worry, you will be able to make it a full 40 seconds.... until you run over the pebble in the middle of no where and flip 20 times before blowing yourself and every friendlies in the hex up.

A measurement of E-Peni s?
    • Up x 1
  20. The Funk

Just looks like dumbing down to me. How is this adding to or improving the game? Or is this "Resource Revamp Phase One" with phase two coming......."someday"?
    • Up x 3