I thought lock continent would be a good thing!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Silkensmooth, Jun 26, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jachim

So your entire post was to complain that outposts are too small. What does that have to do with anything you actually posted smugly about how bad SOE is at lattice implementation?
  2. Jachim

Look how good it worked out for them.
  3. William Petersen

This is the third day in a row I can't play on my favored continent and I'm pretty much done trying. Continent (or rather Content) locking is ******* dumb. I'll be back if they ever remove this monumentally idiotic mechanic.
    • Up x 6
  4. Jaloro

Hey guys, if you had objections to continent locking you're a month out of date: https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/index.php?threads/june-continent-locking.189065/

59 upvotes, no downvotes. You only have yourselves to blame.

PS I love the continent locking. Fights all the time. Some meaningful objective. A change of scenery regularly.

For every one of the whiners here moaning they cannot play Indar, you drove off masses of players who were sick to the back teeth of the same continent. Frankly, breaking you out of your collective rut needed to be done for the long term health of the game.
    • Up x 2
  5. PhantomOfKrankor

• Up x 1
  6. Jaloro

I stand corrected.
  7. MasterDk78

59 votes, okay lets do it, coz we have 59 hole votes..

And did you even read the replies there? many people did not actully like it.
    The problem here is not the comuninty.. but SOE give a darn about it
  8. Tacom

Yea, I wonder about the future of this games if 59 votes is the community. If we assume an overwhelming acceptance of something is around 80% in favour, that means the comunity is 74 people.

Now I understand the population problem at Miller. :)
    • Up x 1
  9. GriffinTalon

Cont locking is a good thing, but I agree without the island and more conts it does seem like a pain, but for players crying about not being able to play where ever they want, sorry to be rude but deal with it, this is the direction the game is going you will not always be able to play where you want this is a a persistent game where not everything goes the way you want or like which leads to my next point.

SOE needs kick them selves and push for the island so the cont lattice can be put in which will make cont locking a lot more sense + open up the island for people to play on along with this SOE needs to release more conts with the islands, searhus would be brilliant with the volcano and the distractedly reduced sky ceiling and cyssor.

Think the on of the bigger issues with cont lock is faction pop on the servers, I know on Miller, only server I play on, VS are usually the lowest global pop, not all the time some nights it goes to a nice balance, but when TR for example have 40%+ compared to VS 28%/NC35% (made up numbers!) I can understand why people just simple don't play because of that sort of pop difference, which in turn allows for said faction to have a clear advantage and easily cap a Cont or 2.
  10. Voodoooooo

You have Contlock, not a reason to Quit Game?

New Suggestion: Do grey up your TR or NC char if Population on your world is unbalanced ;) We need 59 Votes and they Devteam will do it.

Bad Days for Planetside has been started.
  11. NC supporter

The amount of children here is overwhelming. Guyz I knows u spend so muh tiem onz continent lock buts screws yo effort and gets ride of it. That is all of you right now.
    • Up x 1
  12. Scr1nRusher

this whole post is confusing and just makes me feel bad for some reason after reading it.
  13. BuckRaven

You kind of missing your own point there, aren't you? Did you even read the thread yourself? Did you see how many positive replies to this change there are? Not only in this thread either.
    • Up x 1
  14. Suicide Trooper

HAHA! I just teamkilled 3 well placed sudies and crippled 3 offensives because Indar is locked. It's like terrorism but more fun.
    I guess i will spam smoke on our snipers after weapon lock fade. Thank god for C4 and infinite smoke grenades.
  15. RemusVentanus

CL.... instead of increasing the servers populations so that every continent can have big battles and stay open so players can pick the continent they like.... no they just lock some continents and force players to play where they dont like.

And all this bs just to bring "a meaning" to the game or "meta" or whatever... People that need progression to have fun, that need a new gun to unlock and bring to auraxium because all other guns are already auraxium or else the game loses all meaning and what not, are cancer to games.

But hey... it will still get worse once the so called savior for this game will lock you out of almost every continent... all praise the savior aka continent lettuce! Where is my dagger... i want to ram it into its spine...
    • Up x 1
  16. PhantomOfKrankor

I guess continent locking really did create a meta game. I was wrong after all!
  17. Ronin Oni

Bold face LIES right there.

Connery was my main. Unless you call 14v14 a "fight" (which it most certainly is NOT in the context of planetside 2) the only fighting was on Indar unless there was an alert.
  18. Ronin Oni

Wow, you are officially one of the most childish and worst players in all of PS2.

I hope continent locking does in fact drive you away.
    • Up x 3
  19. TheShrapnelKing

I honestly don't get why everyone suddenly hates the very thing we wanted for so long.

This community is a self-defining contradiction, an oxymoron by its own definition.

I don't even care about the other continents cuz I play on Hossin all day.
    • Up x 4
  20. FailasaurusRex

Continent locking is a good idea that on paper adds depth to ps2 gameplay. The implementation of continent locking has been horrid.
    The work gets put in and your faction locks out a continent, great win . Now what... o yea hossin that new map thing they worked so long on.
    Hop on hossin be all excited and SAME SHIZZ!!!!!!.
    Same buildings, techplants, biolabs same everything.
    So in the name of endgame, meta, victory however you wanna put it. You lockdown a massive continent and replace it with LESS content wraped up in the same old gamestyle we've had for so damn long.
    What kills me is that it is just more of the same gameplay in a new more atmospheric environment which some people thinks looks just bad compared to simple old indar or esamir.
    I dont know what could have been done but certainly more than a "less-content-filled rehash" of what would have normally transpired on the now locked continent or at the very least some drastic change, not just lighting and bloom effects. Something different.
    The exchange of content( gameplay, environment, buildings) between the locked continent and hossin are to damn close. What did all the work youve done add to ps2 that wasnt already on the now locked continent? nothing :(
    This is strictly looking at continent locking with gameplay in mind. Nothing new added. :|
    • Up x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.