24 hours after the merge, what were your first impressions?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by NinjaTurtle, Jun 25, 2014.

1. libbmaster

Well I did, thank you very much.

And I earned a ridiculous amount of certs for it too!
    • Up x 1
  2. Metcal

I'm a fanboy :D
    still :cool:
    • Up x 1
  3. Pootisman

I dont know ... more players are good, but i doubt servers can handle them. For example, during sunday primetime (= highest pop) the game already gets laggy.
    • Up x 1
  4. Moridin6

yeah i enjoyed it, would have more so had there been an alert.. id love to see all of us pack into one cont.. lol
    on the outfit side, with the base cap mechanics coming, i may have to merge my small outfit (from DayZ players mostly) into a large one to ensure we get some of the cap benefits ..
    i noticed some Super coordinated TR groups, dropping in a fat bunch of maxs and such at the last second to try and save bases, used to be i only saw NC doing that
    i encourage all VS to add each other
    anyone else can add me too, i like Cross Faction parties ;)
    Moridin6
  5. KendoPS1

How about something that doesn't sound like a stripper's name
    • Up x 1
  6. BiggggBRIM

I had a GREAT time! For the first time since launch, so about a year and a half, there were MULTIPLE 48+/48+ battles going on...ON DIFFERENT CONTINENTS! I'm not sure why people are complaining, not only were there big fights going on but lots of 12/12 and 24/24 fights in multiple locations.
    • Up x 4
  7. Mustarde

Yesterday felt like the true release of Planetside2. It reminded me if the huge, fun and active servers we used to have, but without the overpowered HE and lib farming going on. I fought on all 3 continents and had a blast. I can't wait to meet more players as we "get to know each other" on the battlefield.

And if you make wise choices, it's not that hard to avoid the vehicle zergs, or pull your own armor to chip away at the enemy parking lot.

My KPH has never been higher
    • Up x 6
  8. Thrasis

My big impression was that it's a lot more fun to die every 5 minutes in big fights than in sporadic middling ones. Spent all night Medic-ing around and there were more rezzes and heals than I thought possible in a 2 hour session.

Battles over bases meant something last night. They didn't take 5-10 minutes and go over. There were two fights I was in that lasted 40+ minutes.
    • Up x 1
  9. Wargrim

I had a great time on the first day. I was able to spend my entire play session on Amerish, with equal pops, and large fights going on everywhere, in and between bases. Even bases that i usually just fly over / ghost cap. The only downside was that the bigger fights had the expected effect on my crappy old pc, my crash frequency doubled and my FPS dropped. But i am used to play with low FPS, and the drop was not as bad as in a typical Biolab fight.

I think it will take a while to adapt to the new environment. So many easy farms if i can keep a vehicle running, but very little impact on fights by targeted sundie killing. With smaller fights, some good sundie kills could turn a battle around, here it does very little.

Massive friendly air presence - i could spend unusually long times in the air near the frontlines without getting Reaver - ganked.

People actually followed orders/region chat where appropriate! Maybe Amerish had the more organized outfits that night and the more zergy ones stayed on Indar? No idea.

It will take some time until i know the Ex-Matterson outfit tags, what tag belongs to what full name, and how they operate ingame, what is their playstyle, numbers and individual skill. Lots of 2 or 3 letter tags. Even an NC outfit with a V in the tag, something you would typically find in the VS outfits. On Waterson, a look at the tags of friends and enemies in the region would usually tell me how the fight would go. Here, i have no idea whatsoever. :)
    • Up x 2
  10. Metcal

Yes,
    Kinda been in toon development mode along with game development.
    Was fun but...
    I also feel as if game is now in release mode or at least immanently so with next patch(es).
    Game on
  11. MrK

Logged on my alt last night (must have been like 6PM US time), Indar + Amerish already under queue.
    My euro ping + sever stress didn't help in the hit detection department, unfortunately, but what I witnessed was really great.
    Plenty of huge fights, and many without the "mindless zergfest" factor we see too often on other servers huge fights, where people are just happy to have a big fight and don't try to get it done, because that would mean the end of the only one on the cont. Not last night, we could go for the win and go on anywhere seeing the same scale.

Props to VG and 903 on their gal moves, you guys seemed to have fun :)
  12. Teshrrar

Yesterday I played some minutes and had to wait to enter on Amerish, my favourite continent.I saw a lot of flashs on the map and thought how amazing was to see that.

Was hard stay alive with my ESF, although I could help put a lot of enemies air unities down before be the focus. On the ground was super intense advance with my sundy step by step trying gain some ground for TR. As Infantry I had to move very carefully, almost as in the Arma, because every place could have an enemy, and advance require full attention and planning.

So, based on my play style, the merge is awesome, at least for the first day.

Nice work, SOE, since I hadn't any lag.
    • Up x 1
  13. Alizona

So we went from underpopulated servers to overpopulation queues of two of the three continents?

Seems like those are both bad, although granted, we'd certainly want the overpop rather than the under, given the choice. Not complaining, I play on Connery. Just commenting.
  14. Metcal

I hear ya but in forward thinking (addition of Hossin), I'm thinking it's lookin' good
    • Up x 2
  15. GaBeRock

I like it, but my signature remains unchanged!
    I've also been trying to introduce the yell chat meta to waterson, seeing if itnwill take hold.
    • Up x 1
  16. Llamar

PREY, where the **** were you, VS and TR were running air supremacy.
  17. VonStalin

no, please leave woodman alone. Population is perfect in woodman.
  18. Nehlis

Love how many active battles there are, but I keep getting my *** kicked by mattherson outfits. Guess its time to start suicide c4 fariy mode again...
  19. Stormsinger

The Liberator nerf combined with this merge has made me drop my ESO subscription. Having more then one or two fights to pick from was excellent - For the first time, I never bothered going to Indar - the fights on Amerish were awesome and numerous.
  20. Alizona

I've been holding off on joining an east coast server because it means I have to start over from scratch - ugh. But perhaps this is the perfect time obv to do so. I live on the east coast but my char was created on the west coast. Lower latency would be a nice bonus to offset the fact that I won't have anything unlocked for a while I guess... kinda sorta.