Server Maintenance for Game Update June 19th

Discussion in 'Official News and Announcements' started by RadarX, Jun 18, 2014.

1. Alizona

Would it be considered rude of us to even ask if it might be possible to have Sony apply this change retroactively back to the start of our Planetside careers? :)

I did always think 2xp was pretty low for such a vitally important key to winning any battle, and never added up to much at all unless you had the PRIMO spot at a HUGE conflict. Another thank you to Sony for this rather unexpected bonus!
    • Up x 1
  2. TwoHeadedDevil

I don't know so much. I've said it in a previous thread some time ago, when someone commented that the Magrider needed a Trol Worthy Gun, that I get fragged more by Magriders than any other vehicle in the game (followed closely by Reavers with their shotgun weapon). Do they really need any buff?
  3. Cakebar

How long does the maintenance takes?
    • Up x 1
  4. Maxy101

no one knows but i have tried going into the game and the 1st thing i see after the loading screen is CHARACTER SELECTION...im chill coz i know its on maintenance, but if i lose my previous characters after the maintenance, imma a SUE them
  5. Arkenbrien

Usual takes a couple of hours, possibly even half a day.

_____

I'm slightly disappointed that there was no buff to the Mag. Hopefully sometime soon they'll throw it a bone.
  6. Alizona

Typically, three hours... however, typically, it was never typical length. Does that help you? :)
    Seriously... they've stopped telling us how long, because it always just caused more anxiety and angst when they used to tell us. And I'm fine with that. I just check the game every so often to see if it's up yet.
  7. BITCOINWHALE

you might want to stay chill.
    your game characters are stored on the servers if the servers are down you cannot see your characters
    when servers go back online your characters will be there
  8. Aldermeer

I've logged in like 10 times since they went down, and a couple times in the middle my toons were there, but I got faction selection a bit before AND a bit after.

Question, for those of you in the know: Does the server status update in-client without having to relog?
  9. Arkenbrien

It happens every single time a maintenance is underway. The server's aren't open, because they are being shut down/updating/spit shined, and you can't access any of your characters because they are on the server.

Patience, it will be open soon (tm)
  10. D0T_D0T_PH33R

So in my understanding of the normal maintenance times, and what I am reading in these forums, when I realized my characters were not on the character list, that is because of the servers being down? Or was that a guess. And in the past with server maintenance I recall it being longer than 3 hours, if you could clear some things up with me that would be great, thanks!
  11. TwoHeadedDevil

I agree. I think that the Devs have done a wonderful job with this update and have addressed a lot of issues. Like anything, people are going to be happy with some features and disapprove of others. But they need to realise that these changes affect everyone and are made to benefit the overall enjoyment of the PS2 community. It isn't until a patch is released and tested in a (dare I say it) 'real world' environment, that balance issues etc, become apparent. Rome wasn't built in a day, I can see from this and other updates, that feedback is listened to. The Devs have to prioritize as to what needs fixing now and what can wait a bit. I'd say that the quantity of feedback on a particular issue has a lot to do with this, as does quality of the feedback.
    • Up x 1
  12. Maxy101

ohh now i see thnx guyz. im really chilled now ;)
    • Up x 1
  13. LibertyRevolution

I spent the last 2 weeks fully kitting out my thermal bulldog gals.
    You thought a zepher lib hovering over you spawn was bad, just you wait. :p
    • Up x 3
  14. PastalavistaBB

Tbh it shouldn't give a single XP point. The more XP AMS spawn gives the Sunderer owner, the higher chance of it getting TKed.
    • Up x 1
  15. CJ2DaRescue2

I didn't see anything about the capping bug. It's pretty annoying when you cap a point and it reverts back on its own. You got 20 guys with NV and flashlights looking for a ghost and lose out on time focusing on new territory.
    • Up x 1
  16. Nervermind

RIP Liberator

The same what you did with the Harasser. Lets nerf every single aspect of this vehicle at the same time and see what happens! Guys what the hell are you doing? What do you think will happen? Maybe i will quit Planetside 2 ... i will see. SOE is going to balance the game for noobs. And we BR100 guys are scared away.

And for tanks this patch was a VANGUARD BUFF. If you give the same buff to all factions its not a real buff! Its more a nerf for the magrider because it already had stabilized turret. And a nerf for Prowler because Vanguard is with racer close as fast (this was never a great advantage though).
    And now the tanks have to fight more in close range where the Vanguard already was the most successful with "i win" shield.
    In addition the Enforce is now stronger in close range. It was already one of the most powerful weapons! High damage output forgiving and pinpoint accuracy ...
    The strongest tank in this game is now even stronger. Very clever ....

Other changes are nice but in the end this patch is a "**** you" in the face for every Liberator crew. A game killer.
    • Up x 5
  17. rockNoob

18. dsty

the Coyote missile change wont make any Difference on Mattherson vg will still pull a full squad of them

Vanguard acceleration is being brought closer to the other tanks.
    • It is still the slowest tank to accelerate; it was just too low.
    it should be slower till you nerf the enforcer or i win shield

as for the lib ammo i guess they wanted to make libs sit on towers more often than fly in the air. there is to much hate on libs atm they are not that hard to kill. But i do have to say in low pop fights they are over the top still 2 bursters can killem
    • Up x 1
  19. Oddganic

Hey whiners! Its called balancing.. try to be more versatile. use this to get better at a different part of the game..
    • Up x 1
  20. amphoterik

This pleases me. It was much harder to put C4 on Libs than it was MBTs.