VS have it worse than the NC - TR doesn't get any real attention anymore.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by EGuardian1, Jun 18, 2014.

1. EGuardian1

Title says most of it.

NC for all it's faults is really down to the play style and skill. I like having hard hitting slow ROF weapons, but the option of faster stuff like the GD-7F makes up for it to a degree. My playstyle also loves troll weapons, so the Canister, Air Hammer, Phoenix, shotgun mounted shotguns - they all put a smile on my face. They still put a smile on my face even after the nerfs because they're just so hilarious - like Poking an enemy in Worms.

VS have some great mobility weapons - the .75ADS weapons are fabulous (as are the VS themselves) but most of their gear is less than amazing. It really does feel like you're shooting nerf darts - albeit accurately and quickly. It's harder for me on VS occasionally because I'm used to the harder hitting NC weapons. But their Tank is weird as hell , their plane lacks the raw output of the other two, and faction 'traits' are kinda useless if you think about it, Saron and LPPA are pretty good, but they are severely limited outside of their comfort zone.

TR is almost bi-polar. They've got the faster tank that locks into place, a gun with interchangeable barrels and ammunition types (They really do all look exactly the same) and a ton of chain guns that while more or less effective, don't really have much of that 'x-factor' that makes other weapons fun to use. The silliness and downright terrible ESRL, Vulcan, and 'special' abitlies make for a faction that while good to use in a fight of attrition, just isn't as fun as it could be.

Just a bit of an opinion piece,
    • Up x 6
  2. LIKE A BOSS!

NC have .75 movement speed weapons too so do TR but when VANU get them its OP. People call the Orion sooo good. Take away the .75 and the MSW-R will be better than the Orion. The PPA is literally one of the only good things Vanu has. No bullet drop is useless on 90% of our weapons. The Jackhammer and the MCG are both performing better than the Lasher. The Lancer is only good in groups (so is literally every other weapon in the game). And they are nerfing the Magrider again next patch. I wonder how SOE even balances things.
    • Up x 4
  3. EGuardian1

See, I don't know VS as well as the ones who play it.

Although TBH, Orion .75ADS is pretty badass - basically a double extended Mag Assault Rifle. That doesn't make up for everything else though.
    • Up x 1
  4. Flag

You should try the NS-15 if the orion makes you drool.
    • Up x 2
  5. GhostAvatar

On the bi-polar tank. I still maintain (even though it goes against faction traits) that they should simply swap lockdown for the Vanguard's shield. If you think about it, the Vanguard being the slowest to accelerate isn't going to suffer too much from an immobile ability. And god knows it need the extra rate of fire to comparable at farming infantry. Although an AP lockdown Vanguard might be a bit to scary and require a velocity nerf. And the Prowlers speed and supposed CQC tank would benefit a lot more from a shield allowing to to actually get in close and fight. Although the higher DPS would eat up other tanks, so I would switch it to a resist shield instead (so its not so much of a iWin button).
    • Up x 1
  6. minhalexus

Orion discourages me to play other classes on VS.
    After playing Orion for a couple of hours, I was like why does my LA feel so slow?

I would like it if every VS starting weapon got 0.75 ADS, excluding the sniper.
    And most of the so called UP got 0.75 ADS. (looking at certain assault rifles)
  7. Flashtirade

[IMG]
    Every faction has their problems.
    • Up x 8
  8. headshotsultd

The tank traits have always seemed mismatched to me.

Prowler should have the magburner trait since it increases speed.

Vanguard should lock-down since it's the slow, heavy-hitting slugger with increased shell velocity best suited for engaging at greater distances.

Magrider should have a shield because it seems like alien technology, and it would allow the Magrider to get out of trouble while also not having a trait that lets it boost into ridiculous places because it also levitates.
    • Up x 4
  9. Axehilt

Tanks are relatively balanced and their abilities are fine. Some of the comments on tank abilities in this thread makes me cringe:
    • Anchor: Would you rather have great speed/accel to relocate after your ability forces you to be stationary, OR would you rather be stationary and then move really slow when you reloacate? Having a stationary ability and bad speed would be an absolutely miserable combination, so fast speed actually pairs well with Anchor.
      • Not only that, but the speed really gives the Prowler more flexibility than the other tanks, working well as long-ranged bombardment/assassination with Anchor but also doing well with Fire Suppression and Vulcan for shredding vehicles up close. The other tanks feel much more chained to their primary ability than the Prowler (and that's not really criticism of Anchor, which is insanely good, but praise of the tank's general capabilities.)
    • Vanguard's shield pairs well with its slower speed, as it's less agile than the other tanks but compensates by generally winning CQC tank fights. The main disadvantage for me is that it doesn't help in ambush situations like the other abilities do (especially anchor.)
    • Magburner pairs great with the agile Magrider of course, and is great both offensively and defensively. It's no get-out-of-jail-free ability like the vanguard shield though, so if you aren't jetting away before getting into deep trouble then you're toast because ou didn't plan ahead.
    The objective overall player stats show the Prowler slightly ahead of the Vanguard/Mag which are relatively even. My personal stats show a distinct advantage to the Prowler over the other tanks (largely because I catch more players offguard than the typical tanker and the other two tanks can't tear through their opponents nearly as well as the Prowler.) But I enjoy all three tanks and do great with all of them.
  10. Flag

Are you really suggesting the magburn compares decently to shield and anchor?
    It's not a useless ability, but it's also on a different level to the other two.

For example, during yesterday's tank brawl on the PTS the magrider got curbed really hard, and there's nothing the burner could do about it. It's a fun ability, but also -very- limited.
    (a very simple framing of the situation, I know)
  11. Rhumald

The Lasher has an update inboud for the same time the foamethrowers do, it's bullets will have an AOE damage effect as they fly through the air, meaning it'll be a long range flame thrower with additional direct hit/splash damage... the suppression potential this weapon will have frightens me, but it needs it.

while certainly not a very showy weapon, the lancer has both a higher DPS and range than the Phoenix, so I don't really see why the complaints there... all rocket launchers are much more effective in groups.
  12. Kunavi

Rhumald LOLWUT? Link? Source?
  13. MrK

Awww plz, no, not the PS1 Lasher :( Like adding MORE spam is a solution .....
  14. MrK

I beg to differ, currently NC has no problem
  15. Chazt

Tell that to Mattherson
  16. MrK

I mean, in terms of arsenal :) I guess the faction state is not really different amongst servers :)

That said, I may see a weakness in our weaponry : vehicle mounted ES AI weapons. Like, wow! We're uber weak!
  17. Ohmlink

In the end teamwork and coordination win the day, weapons aren't so out of wack that you can't make up for any short comings.
    • Up x 1
  18. Kunavi

I'm still eager to see any official information on getting Flamers before 2020 and Lasher being buffed like that. Please?

Ohm, don't go there. Just. Don't. :p Balance(Also known as "Myth" in PS2 currently) aside, PS2 doesn't work like that. Let me fix it for you : "In the end, Zerg and Cheese win the Certs, all else was just marketing and advertisement".
    • Up x 1
  19. NinjaTurtle

Right that's it I'm saying it. The Orion is over rated I would take any of the NC LMG's over it, just make them fire lazors and I'd be chuffed

And yeah the no bullet drop BS is silly. When it matters VS don't have it when it is inconsequential you can bet we do.

Shotguns - yep they have the no bullet drop ability, which is sooooo useful for the 5 meters you are using then in :rolleyes:
    Shotgun Slugs - Nope they have drop, something that would be useful with that trait and they don't have it :eek:

BASR - Yep they have drop, no drop on these could be balanced in other ways before anyone goes OP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cool:

Magrider - Now I actually see the possible strengths within the drop and don't see it as a major issue however it does seem very odd that the faction with the no drop trait gets the heaviest drop in projectile for their main tank. What was the thinking behind that?
  20. Goretzu

Are you suggesting that the Prowler, Mag and Van are equal if you ignore abilities? (we know this isn't true)

However it's fairly meaningless at the moment (even given that the Van and Mag perform about the same currently, just below the Prowler - still as it has been for a long, long time now), as the MBT changes are likely to shake things up requiring more changes to get performance levels balanced again.