Hossin delayed to next month

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Chipay, Jun 11, 2014.

1. Zenanii

You and I must be using different internets.
    • Up x 1
  2. Foxirus

This, Seriously. I played the PTS server and my god, I can't even drive a sunderer through one of those weeping willow trees with the wind swaying branches without it getting crushed and instantly exploding, Or me falling through the map. Hossin needs serious work before it goes live, Its just too glitchy right now.
    • Up x 1
  3. biterwylie

I repectfully have to say that if it was not for players reposting things from twitter and Reddit most of us would be kept in the dark! It happens over and over again. I truly do not understand a company policy that is so twisted?

I stopped playing and cancelled my membership I have had since launch (following a repost here from Twitter) that continental lattice is not even started!

I have no idea where this game is heading with constant dumbing down, unrealistic weapon physics and cartoon like new content.

At some point while driving the canyons of Indar I expect Road Runner to come past my Vanguard with Wile E Coyote in hot pursuit.
    • Up x 6
  4. senondo

My thought and act exactly.
    I just lost hope in any properly implemented content updates.
    Everything is only half finished and half thought throu, just look at the mission system...why was this added in such a useless way, and will it ever changed to something usefull ( i doubt it)
    Now after around 2 years we (might) be getting hossin with a half finished Continent Locking, will we ever see a proper ContinentLattice? I doubt it seeing how long it takes to implement even half finished stuff.

I really cant shake off the thought that they are simply missing Knowledge and Manpower to do things properly.
    Cert Screen beeing one examle.
    • Up x 2
  5. Halkesh

Hossin isn't for that mouth. What a surprise.

Why SOE should create Hossin if every people stay on Indar ?
    The 4th continent will be deserted like the 2 other.

Dev should work on something to reduce Indar overpopulation and increase the other continent underpopulation instaid of wasting resources / times for a new continent that would be deserted after 2 week.
  6. Teshrrar

Because this topic, since I back to play after 1year stopped, I lost any hope of see any suggestion implanted. I was going to make a deep analysis of how 3rd person view in a 1st person shooter hurt the game, a lot of cert builds and infantry, but now I just realize which I will stop play again soon instead try help the game get better and fair for every player.
  7. BlackPhlanx

Those of you denouncing the Lattice and cont locking systems, must not have been around in PS1. The cont locking didn't empty them.... It focused the action on the front lines.

PS1 vets will still talk your ear off about the glory days of old, fighting to cross a single bridge for 1 week straight because it ment that you'd be able to start assaulting the next cont in the link.
    These were EPIC battles that raged 24 hours a day... Something that we don't see in PS2.

Honestly I don't think they give a rats about their re-skined Battlefield 3 mod. They've milked it dry and are moving manpower off of it for the next title to milk your wallet.

SOE, you'd be wise to take SEVERAL notes from Cloud Imperium Games (Star Citizen)... 455,000+ members and still making over $1 mill a month....

I know one thing is for certain, a lot of us will be takin permanent vacations from PS2 when Star Citizen's PU launches. If I'm going to spend my money on a title, I'd gladly spend 3x more on SC then this box of disappointments.
    • Up x 3
  8. ScrapyardBob

Yeah, not like that at all...

http://steamgraph.net/index.php?action=graph&jstime=1&appid=218230&from=1388552400000&to=End Time

Beginning of January-ish - peaking over 10k players. Now... barely able to hit 5k players.

(And for those of you who don't like the Steam stats, they correlate within +/- 10% of the API stats. They show exactly the same cycles / trends.)
    • Up x 1
  9. Chipay

made one using SOE's API https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2...es-population-relative-to-august-2013.189773/
    • Up x 1
  10. Ken Photon

I know that we in this community may not be the nicest people in the world... At all... But honestly, I'm really disappointed with the progress of this game. I can't say anything about how the newer changes really affected the game compared to beta or anything, but just seeing how all of these features that I believe would definitely improve the game being constantly pushed back really leaves a bad taste in my mouth. I can't say anything about the work ethic of the developers except that the work they have done so far is pretty good. I have lots of fun with the game.

But for the love of the gods, bring something on time! It's insanely frustrating (for me, at least) to have someone wave these awesome changes in my face, get me all excited, then incessantly delay it. Would it hurt to be conservative with the timeline? Maybe come up with an initial estimate and add a good 4-6 months to it before telling the players? And if it comes earlier than that, all the better! You'll have me eating out the palm of your hand! But if things just keep going like this, everyone's just going to stop giving a crap and just leave.

Fighting about Hossin is a little late now. It's official: it's coming out later than expected. But next time, when you want to announce anything, be generous with the time estimate. Please. Honestly, I'm starting to think that Hossin must be one of the most difficult things for the developers to make ever. I have no idea how something can get delayed for an entire year like that, but then again I'm not a developer. I just hope that it's going to be really good...