Hossin delayed to next month

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Chipay, Jun 11, 2014.

1. Chipay

During the E3 interview Higby talked about how they will be releasing a new continent next month on PC.

RadarX also confirmed this on Reddit:
    • Up x 2
  2. DFDelta

Well, SoE delayed Hossin.
    Are you surprised? I can say I'm really surprised. Really didn't expect that to happen.

(that was sarcasm, for those of you that don't understand it)
    • Up x 17
  3. IberianHusky

Hossin is vaporware. Would you really expect anything less from SOE?
    • Up x 11
  4. Udnknome

Good, have you played it on PTS yet? Needs a lot of work.
    • Up x 3
  5. ironeddie

I bet the new guns that they want us to buy make it this month though! Cynical much?

Does this mean continent locking is also pushed back?

I think I prefer the traditional method other developers use of not announcing stuff until it's happening. All the road map ever does is get players hopes up. I'd sooner not know until it's actually ready.
    • Up x 4
  6. Maelthra

[IMG]
    • Up x 31
  7. Ripshaft

Woah woah woah woah woah... slow down professor, are you saying that if something isn't ready they cant release it?!

THIS IS MADNESS!#@ THJE WORLD IS A LIE @#$@#$

*raises eyebrow

I remember when people were guarded towards saying stupid things, even on the interwebs =/
  8. DFDelta

What exactly is "not ready" on Hossin?
    I remember doing some flyovers back in august or somewhere around that time (at least over the areas that were already open and not blocked by restricted areas) and I had some small squad vs squad sized battles in the bases there, and back then I found it pretty awesome and very far ahead in developement (I loved the underground areas in bases).

Sure some rooms and bases looked a little barren, and there were a few trees and rocks floating a meter or so above ground, but nothing I saw back then would have delayed it by 10 or so months. (The first planned date was september... right? Mind is a bit foggy on that.)

Guess I'll update my PTS client after work and go take a look.
  9. Munq

I think this isn't about Hossin anymore. The continent might be as finished as it ever will be. My guess is they are working on the continent locking mechanics and whatnot.

That or it has some serious performance issues so they feel bringing it now would make it just another continent on which nobody fights. But I'm still guessing it has a lot more to do with the continent lock mechanics.
  10. Skooma Lord

That's it, I give up. I'm going to Argonia.

Seriously though, I hope Hossin will be its best if they are still pushing it back.
    • Up x 2
  11. Alarox

It isn't the fact that Hossin won't be ready until next month that annoys me. Not at all. Take as much time as you need.

What annoys me is that they say X month, then realize it won't be done by then. Even that alone doesn't really annoy me. But when it constantly happens then it becomes annoying.

As an example, you say "thing X" won't be ready until November 2015. Okay, that's around when I'll expect it and I realize that the very nature of the project means it will take that long. However, if you say June 2014 and then repeatedly say "sorry, next month" until November 2015... there's a problem.
    • Up x 24
  12. Maelthra

Exactly this. By all means, release Hossin when it's ready. But SOE should stop repeatedly disappointing all of their players by continually missing their own estimated release time. They either need to set an estimate that they absolutely know they will not miss (or be pretty gosh darn sure of that) or not set an estimate at all.
    • Up x 7
  13. Udnknome

Not real major issues, just need some finishing before release. Try driving a ground based vehicle. There are still a lot of spots where your vehicle flips over randomly or you fall through the ground. It's not bad for a Test site with ~40 players, but since it's new content, throwing 2000 players locked out of indar will probably make it explode.

An extra month to do some polishing would do it good.
  14. Paragon Exile

I'm disappointed that it has been delayed again, but hopefully this makes the finished product better.

Please try to get it out next month, okay SOE? :3
  15. Seuchensaal

I does not surprise me that hossin is delayed. Again.

But I wonder why such info is always shared on third-party sites and not in official forums.
    • Up x 5
  16. NinjaTurtle

Well this isn't a surprise. Have come to expect it now, I don't even pay attention to the Roadmap anymore, it's all a lie

Oh and congrats on using PSA correctly
    • Up x 5
  17. TheShrapnelKing

It's always "next month".

They'll never release it.

Why don't they just be straight up and say "Yeah, we devoted all our resources to H1Z1 so we can't really make anything new for Planetside"? At least then they wouldn't look like they're trying to hide the fact they no longer care like a bunch of scumbags.
    • Up x 5
  18. Moz

Well i peronally dont mind waiting, makes it all the sweeter when we first step foot on the hollowed soils of Hossin.

What i do expect from all these delays however is minimal bugs... So SoE please take your time, get it correct first time and for the love of GOD.....

Expect a lage influx of players and make sure your servers are of a state that they can cope without ruining the experiance you have been working so hard on!
  19. IamDH

[IMG]

At this point i really don't care anymore, just dont mess it up
    • Up x 19
  20. ironeddie

Hossin was originally slated for I think April 2013. It was definitely end of q1 start of q2 originally. Then they decided to change from hex to lattice and well here we are with one delay or another repeatedly pushing it back.
    • Up x 1