Still investigating hitches - here's how you can help

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Higby, Mar 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. killerstalker21

Whenever i go to large fights, or new maps / regions, I got MASSIVE lag spikes, happens every second or two, and framerate drops a little, but lag spikes just happen randomly after the massive lag spikes.

Character name: XTRM5EnerGY (TR)
    HYPR5EnerGY (NC)
    SUPR5EnerGY (VS)
    • Up x 1
  2. InsaneLinguist

After the last two patches I'm getting random massive lag spikes and framerate drops from 40 to single digits even in small fights and when idling in warpgate where there should be none. This makes the game unplayable.

Character name: Insanelinguist (Waterson TR)
    • Up x 1
  3. PWGuy93

checking back in after a couple of days using UseFences=0 under the [Rendering] Section of the UserOptions.ini.
    This does seem to work for reducing hitches.

Still get rubber band/warping vehicles but the hitching "appears' to be less.
  4. Nerp

I'm getting random lag spikes, hitches lasting for up to 10 seconds, especially while I'm flying. It happens with and without shadowplay, in populated and unpopulated areas ( However it's more common with high pops ). Playing on the the pts, I haven't had a single issue. Some days I go without any of these lag spikes, other days I get them constantly, and I don't know why.

I'm using the newest beta drivers I saw on reddit that were supposed to fix the black screen driver crash.

Character name : Nerp (Waterson)

Edit : May I add that I get some random periods of very low fps, generally 10 - 30, especially while flying, which can often make me either crash into terrain or get killed :(

This has been happening since I switched to the new beta drivers also.
  5. Rhumald

I wasnt having this problem at all, until recently, when I finally allowed your browser controller to run. I've since blocked it again.
  6. Yuki10

Just noticed today something - I get a freeze/hitch every time there is a "Friend online" update.

I get a half a second freeze, then the message saying that one of the friends is online appears in chat box. Every time.
  7. Yuki10

What browser controller? What are you talking about?
  8. Rhumald

C>Users>Public>Sony Online Entertainment>Installed Games>Planetside 2>Browser Controller

As far as I'm aware, it's used to help make station cash purchases, likely VIA Steam, but, I haven't found much regarding it, and keeping it blocked doesn't seem to affect game play, or SC purchases VIA the game itself in any way, shape, or form.
  9. Gammit

This has come back for me in the past two patches. Just as bad as it was months ago.
  10. Mikromancer

I get hitches often, it seems worse when people are shooting at me, the game has basically become unplayable for me.

character name : mikro42
    server : briggs
  11. Dieter Perras

still getting 2-3 second long hitches, which is really infururating considering I finally have 60 fps and a good connection...

character: blackbite50
  12. Scatterblak

Got it. Scatterblak is the in-game name as well.
  13. Scatterblak

......aaaand, for some reason the edit doens't work in FF for me. I'm on Watterson.
  14. Tuco

last week's NVdia patch seems to have fixed the hard-freezes for me.
  15. Kunavi

I still see visual artifacts(Floating Base parts), I still freeze now and then, I still get very unstable and unreasonably high or low FPS and Hit Reg is crappier than ever before. Forums name is also my main's PS2 name. 2 more people who don't want to come over to the Forums(For their own reasons) but have the same issues are "JayPron" and "Ahrimania". They're among some RL friends I play with, I asked and it's OK by them if I give you their names so you can investigate this.
  16. CDN_Wolvie

Servers: Waterson & Connery

Characters: Wolvie, WolvieTR, WolvieVS, CDNWolvie, CDNWolvieNC

Its fairly consistent in that the "slideshow" that hasn't happened in a long time (been playing since Beta) but recently (like within the last month roughly) happens around the larger facilities even if there isn't a lot of players there but especially if there is a big fight going on during an alert.

I have taken every possible step that I am aware and reasonably capable of to prevent this 'lag'. Nothing is working.

It essentially makes taking part in large scale battles impossible, causes my Galaxy to crash or be particularly susceptible to being insta-gibbed as all the damage catches up with my client at once after being presented with what looks like a several second pause and then either warping hurky jerky about or just being presented with a death screen. I used to be rather reknowned for the crazy stuff I would pull in a Galaxy, blasting into a hot zone and putting my squad down head of a needle if it was called for, but that is just a memory of fun I used to have in this game with whatever is causing this in the client.

Whatever is causing this when it didn't used to be the case, I have stopped playing this game because of it. I don't care if I did spend a bit of Steam Wallet SC on this game or not anymore, its making me look the fool among my Outfit, Faction, and Opponents. Few want my piloting, driving, gunning, or hell, even repairs, anymore with this and if it isn't obvious yet ...

... THIS IS ******* FRUSTRATING.

I would like to continue playing but this is unconscionable to expect me to play as little more than a source of exp/certs for others when I used to be one of the best support players you could hope to meet in game, if you would be so kind as to inform me when its fixed, I would like to continue playing then.
    • Up x 1
  17. ajma

0001 on Mattherson
  18. LordCharlamane

The game is completely unplayable for me. ThunderCracker or ThunderWhacker. Not sure which.
  19. endless

Yup its happening to me too! I am getting decent 40-50 fps on medium but every 10 sec. or so frames drop down to 15 and go back up. The hitching is making the unplayable for me

List of characters if you are sill doing this http://i.imgur.com/c6gWuR5.png
  20. vsae

I've returned to the game recently, and noticed large perfomance decrease in the following:
    If I play in any 12+ battle the game is constantly hitching like if with approximate rate of 0.33 Hz (i.e. once in a three second)
    Lowering graphic setting solves the issue somewhat, but it is still present. The effect is not more than 50-60%. It is litelrally unplayable at high settings, where as before it was totally stable 50-60 fps at 24-48vs24-48 fights. The game says that it is CPU hungry. GPU bound sign doesnt show up ever.

Specs -
    i7 2600k
    win 8 64 bit
    16Gb Ram

Character: vsae, vsaeVS
    Server: Woodman
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.