Upcoming Tank and Liberator Changes

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Kevmo, Jun 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gundem

Funny thing is, is that SOE's "Numbers" against the Tank Buster has to have been pulled out of their ***, because currently it sits on causing the comfy 1-2% of all tank deaths in the game, combined from all three factions.

So not only is it the most equipted, it is also extremely ineffective compared to pretty much any other AV weapon in the game.

For ***** sake, if they want to take a look at high risk vs. reward, why don't they go take a good hard look at the P2-120 HE? Seriously, the Tank Buster has got to be one of the highest risk weapons in the game.
    • Up x 2
  2. FourTwoFour

Everyone here agrees that the velocity nerf is a bad idea and I bet they're still going to do it. What a shame.
    • Up x 7
  3. Nomakk

How stupid can you get with this lib and tank update?OMG,i do enjoy the tanks and liberators and esf at the moment and see no point in this stupid or even ******et update.WHy the heck make tanks fight closer to anything?Let the players choose if they want it or not?Making the Tank buster more weak ?Why the hell not just make other better options as new weapons that are equal better ? Taking the magrider traits to everyone else?Even a friend who is a NC thinks this is full of ****.Every faction has 2 specific vehicles and now you want to take away from the flavour everyone gives you.I'm thinking on this update for 2 days and i just cant think of a logical idea WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY?IF this comes out in this form or anything close to it,im ******* done with the game,tired of the bugs,tired of the bad performance,tired of everything been so slow and taking ages,tired of STUPID updates that **** up the game and not improve it.I`m gonna ask nicely,PLEASE GUYS AT SOE,if you have any idea on making the game better then add new content for the lib and tanks and dont nerf them ! At the moment if you make a pole you are going to see that the majority of the people don't have anything in mind of the liberator or tanks.THey are well balanced with some minor tweaks here and there but i do say MINOR.This is huge and totally not a good idea.I would love to see a new weapon for the lib that is interesting or for the tanks,or even a new skill thats is factions specific for them.Im tired of NS stuff and everything getting more and more balanced to be equal.Why the hell are there even factions then?Why not make it all the same and be done with it.
  4. Shatara

Tank changes:

-Reverse speed
    Cool I guess...but what about Rival? Is it going to make backwards faster than forwards? Or are you just going to refund it? Or do the dick move and remove the reason for buying it without compensation? (noticed the discussion on the bottom, with the answer)

-Stabilization
    Yes! Finally! We advance to World War II tech out from Civil War Blackpower...smoothbore......

-Velocity and Gravity nerfs
    ...Nevermind. Aparently 'Civil War Blackpower Cannon' has too much range. Guess we have to bring it down to 'Medieval Ballista'. Here's a thought: Instead of trying to force tanks into "drive me closer I want to hit them with my sword" ranges, you balance them for the range they actually fight at?

Lib Changes:

-Range Reduction
    Eh? Having both gunned and flown, I've found if you don't fly under 300m, you don't hurt anything. The shells are already pretty slow, and I don't see how slowing them further will change how libs bomb things with near impunity.

-Zephyr Changes
    I admit I'm not a big fan of the Zephyr, to the point I usually prefer to gun the Bulldog if someone pulls it. A major part of this distaste comes from its poor anti-armor performance and difficulty of hitting non-stationary armor...I'm sure nerfing its velocity will go a long way to helping it in that role. Wait...that's the opposite of what nerfing does...

-Duster
    Lol. Did you just use 'Duster' and 'Premier' in the same sentence? Unless you plan on turning it into pretty much the current Zephyr with a deeper magazine, it's unlikely to happen.

-Ammo nerfs
    Good. My lib barely has ammo certed at all, and I only have to resupply in like one in four times I land to repair...

-Bulldog Nerfs
    Nooooo! D: I guess that random scythe I randomly plunked while he was dogfight with a reaver, making him ragequit must have been a dev. Oh well. var.FunThingsInPS2-=1.

-Tank Buster Nerfs
    ...what. Of course the tank buster is equipped 90% of the time. The other two choices are absolutely worthless. "Out of line"? The only reason there is a line at all, is because you copy-pasted the already garbage (but at least it's free!) Vector, and called it Spur (and then slapped on a 1k cert price tag). Have you ever tried to kill something with a Vector? Of course not. The spur has it's freelook gimmick, but that doesn't help it kill anything. Of course, the price tag means not many are even going to try.

-Armor re-nerf
    Good.

ESF Changes:

-Lolpod nerf
    Good, I think. The Hornet should be the AV option, let the pods be for infantry farming.

-Airhammer Nerf
    Meh. Considering you have to be on top of your target to do anything, I'm not sure what the problem is.
    • Up x 2
  5. inespie

Libs are op, and the only vehicle seen as unkillable for newbies. that's not new.
    The Tank buster is reaaally good, and feel like it have the hightest Dps of all weapon. Make killing a sundy fast and easy. I would have made it like the stalker cloak. no bomber seat. " If you take it, you are now a A10, not a bomber anymore", with some agility upgrade. Bam, dive bomber.

Or/And I would have nerfed the agility of the normal lib, or make it unable to get upside down, like the Gal.
  6. Strottinglemon

I envision puffs of fire exploding from the suit's joints as soon as the helmet shuts.
  7. Tuco

famous last words

hehe
    • Up x 1
  8. Scr1nRusher

your trolling its very clear.

anyways getting back on topic, I hope SOE is getting alot of feedback and will let us test things when the time comes.
  9. Czuuk

Planetside 2 is dead. Long live Team Fortresside 2.

• Up x 4
  10. BlckJck

Just no SOE. No!

Enjoy developing your vanilla forgettable game. No one that really plays it will.
  11. Fenrisk

You dare call me ignorant when you don't even factor in resistances or test it in game? lol

Go test it yourself IN GAME. I tested all the weapons in game to get the TTK stats. Not once but a few times. You have to as flak has some issues with doing less damage at higher ROF's or combined fire due to the way the server handles flak.
  12. Scr1nRusher

that not a bad thing
    • Up x 2
  13. Silkensmooth

You did know that airplanes can fly upside down right? They really dont care which way is up. They are planing through the air, not sitting on a viscous surface.

And last time i checked this WAS a video game lol.

If it was real life you would be dead already and i'm pretty sure we dont have infinite lives in real life.

Any other ways you think the game should mimic real life?
    • Up x 2
  14. Kirdra

This will not make me get any closer to bases or the front line at all.

While you are correct in identifying that C4 and rocket spam as the reason why tanks don't get close, which, as I have previously stated, rockets and engy turrets cost nothing to use, AND turrets can still hit targets at a range they cannot retaliate; if we are going to play the risk VS reward card, after all.

I drive a magrider, the highest mobility tank, that does not matter. I still do not take my vehicle crews to the front line, its suicide. Higher mobility helps with vehicle vs vehicle combat, not vehicle vs infantry. Please stop trying to sugar coat the intent of these changes.

Higher mobility will do nothing to counter the reasons why tanks don't get close to the front line. If this was not sugar-coating then it had to be an intentional mistake of logic, at the very least. These changes make it even less appealing for tanks to fight other tanks, which is what I do. Rather than trying to mow down the rampaging bison hoard of infantry. Of course.. those bisons have rocket launchers.
    • Up x 2
  15. Vanir

Not if you are trying to shoot at something to your side or behind you while keeping forward momentum. The gun stability being brought in is great but the mobility of the vanguard and prowler in combat situations would be greatly improved (one of the things they are trying to address in this patch) if they allowed both to have the option of having someone as a dedicated driver and have an extra person in the tank controlling the main gun.
  16. Klypto

Practice driving while looking in the opposite direction / using only the minimap.
    • Up x 2
  17. Gundem

Wrong. I WAS factoring resists, in fact the Skyguard burst AoE deals 60 damage normally, and with the Liberator's 35% resist factored in you are left with 39 damage a shot.

Where did you test those numbers? The VR? Because AoE weapon's don't work right in the VR, Flak cannons included.
    • Up x 7
  18. dedgaem

Okay, these changes show nothing but devs are taking the easier and also wrong direcion. Really, shame on you. PS2 used to be fun before these pathetic nerf chains. This is only ridiculous, there is no way a lib pilot could accept this aberration of thinking. I don't even want to mention how out of place to nerf tank's shell speed is. What the actual **** are you smoking guys at SOE? Muzzle speed was the only god damn tool we had in order to defend ourselves against air, and this in very, VERY rare situations. Not to mention that you are making it actually harder to hit infantry also. OH of course, this change because you also nerfed PODS right? This is like observing an ape trying to solve math problems.

Oh wait, you gives us a ******* buff to reverse speed so we can play mice and cats with infantry right? you want us to run away then scare them, get scared back again and so on. GOD DAMNED AWESOME THINKING RIGHT THERE. Oh wait, I get it, next you are giving us water pistols because the bullets may be too OP right? Let's even ******* ignore the fact that in the second war tanks could already shoot shells at 1km/s muzzle velocity. Here is even a more brilliant idea, since we pretty much know where this game is heading to: buy the hello kitty franchise, I am pretty sure there is nothing as OP as in PS2; your toolish customers, who can't even wank alone, will be very pleased.

ps. If tanks needed something, it was better gun elevation. Now go back to you room and do your damn homeworks.
    • Up x 2
  19. Tuco

Not with that shape there is no lift going on, not at that speed.

Oh nanites.

What's wrong with advancing the flight model fidelity.

[IMG]
    You want to hang in the past, fine.
  20. LT_Latency

RIP Libbies.

Who would have though. A fast, highly mobile, heavy armored unit with extreme fire power would be a bad idea.
    • Up x 6
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.