Connery broken. TR Overpop

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Archlyte, Jun 1, 2014.

1. Taemien

TR overpop didn't help them win the Amp Station alert earlier :D

Beat me to it :p
  2. Archlyte

Yes yes. You guys rallied when they thought they had it won. So what. The Overpop situation isn't about one alert
  3. z1967

Remember the 40% NC overpop? Fun times. Or the ZOE inflicted VS overpop and MAX spam? yeah, FOTM happens, it will go away eventually.
    • Up x 4
  4. FateJH

The Helios --> Connery lineage has always been an NC overpop. It was almost balanced for a very short time after the Genudine merge-in, but then the weak balance was lost and it was NC again. During the heydays of "ZOE OP," it was the VS who were overpop, back to NC once that was sorted. Now it's the NC and TR competing for overpop, with the TR only able to compete for the title because Briggs melted and a (minor) revamp. The only good things that came out of it is the slightly reduced horizontal recoil and better weapon sounds.

You know what Helios was like? 20-25% server pop TR at primetime. You know why i stuck with that fight? because this faction needed it. You know I am still sticking with it? because we'll be needing it down the road anyway. The situation we're in now will never last.

The Helios --> Connery lineage is one of an NC overpop.
    • Up x 3
  5. Ronin Oni

A few weeks ago it was NC overpop...

no wonder you don't want to consider that.
    • Up x 7
  6. rocko95

[IMG]
    • Up x 6
  7. MostlyClueless

Miller was only doing it for one night as our end of month server event, we're not going to be staying on Connery.
  8. Bujias

Let him cry, NC are used to have the pop on connery, most of them dont know what to do with out it.
    • Up x 6
  9. BFBirdy

Nah, a lot of us went back to Briggs
  10. Ronin Oni

Yeah, The 4th Faction is strong with Connery...

TR had the most recent "update" (TBH the NC update wasn't much bigger) so TR is the FotM.
  11. The Baconater

[IMG]
    • Up x 1
  12. Corporate Thug

This would be good news considering I had to stop playing my NC character months ago due to the NC always having a pop advantage. Don't even understand how having more targets is a problem for a faction that had so few for so long.
    • Up x 1
  13. Ronin Oni

Yeah, I hated ZOE days for the same reason...

particularly since the ZOE were so good at killing the enemy before the rest of us had a chance :p
    • Up x 1
  14. Corporate Thug

Same. When ever you thought a good fight was about to happen the enemy just left and cried about ZOE in yell chat :( NC was my first char but started to primarily play VS last summer and boy was it horrible on either char during the ZOE days...No back up as NC just wanted to fight the TR and no targets as the VS.
  15. Ronin Oni

yeah, unfortunately the nightmares caused from ZOE are so strong that they are forever afraid to make ZOE even remotely useful now, since as soon as anyone dies to a glowing MAX (which is still a MAX FFS!) people will cry "OP!!!!!!! NERF NAO!!!" even if ZOE had nothing to do with it.

I think I even saw someone complain about it after the nerf... which is a joke since you can't dodge anything anymore, sprint speed is same as base MAX (you get to that speed a lil faster is all) the damage buff was nerfed to 5m range (which only saves 1 bullet to kill in the best circumstance) and the armor nerf still has the MAX die faster.... oh, and you're even locked into it so you've stuck yourself with a huge armor penalty for a minor movement buff (which, as noted, is still slow enough to easily pepper with your bullets unless you couldn't hit a barn door anyways).

I'd like to get it fixed, but like the Striker, it will never happen due to it's time of dominance.
  16. Corporate Thug

One of the funniest things I ever seen playing PS2 was at a biolab where the NC had 2:1 odds and like 10 max suits and complained about 2 ZOE maxes as they got their *ss handed to them. Happened on Connery too, if you can believe that :p NC had 25-48 while the VS were still 1-12, so not enough to even camp them in both transporter rooms. We were all just randoms fighting and no organized outfit to be seen, but it was still hilarious.
  17. Ronin Oni

ZOE was OP but it wasn't THAT OP LMAO!!

Definite case of L2P, OP ability or not.
  18. Taemien

28% NC pop vs 43% TR pop and NC wins the alert.

Yeah without the population we actually win things. Doesn't say much for the TR.. I think the VS even had one more Amp Station than the TR did.
  19. LightningDriver

I've been on my NC character for a few months on Connery and I don't see a problem at all. Well, there is one problem, NC need more mature players. All these whiny, entitled, millennials are entertaining for only so long. Some of these people get emotional over everything, gah!

Anyways, bring on the TR, more stuff to shoot.
  20. dciz2legit

The veteran players will know there is some server magic were as the seasons change so do the population numbers shift to favor a certain faction. I came in last year when Vs had its glory days and Zoe was pure Awesome and platoons leads still lead! not long after Nc cried so much vanu Got the nerf bat and everyone flocked to Nc and now it's Tr's turn , point is It's a Connery server trend that happens every year it's all part of soe grand master plan to squeeze every penny out of u.