Still investigating hitches - here's how you can help

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Higby, Mar 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ZerpyDerpDerp

Yes, I get it once and a while. Most of the time it's after about an hour of play time, and right after a respawn. I mean right after, re-d and bam, frozen.I have to add that I am always in a squad when this happens. I can't recall a freeze when I'm solo. And if it crashes and I jump back on right away, it will still have me in the squad I was in before the crash. Not sure if that's normal.

Waterson: 213dash1
  2. Groucho Marxist

Been experiencing the hitching and a bit of stuttering in general. Bit of a pain in the rear since I just upgraded to gold (why yes, I HAVE got more awesome, recently!)

Waterson: GrouchoMarxist
  3. nooblet91698

Still get a lot of hitching, but I expect it from such a bad computer that I use

nublet91698
  4. Rithlar

I have never had the black screen hitching problem until I tried Nvidia's latest drivers. I can say it is definitely something thing with the drivers, it does the same thing in Skyrim.
  5. Trebb

Not sure if Bio Labs have been brought up, but everytime I fly near one, I hitch for a solid 2-4 seconds, several times in a row. Crashed into a tree recently because of it.
  6. Ipren

Character name: Rabiez
    Server: Miller

I'm getting the freezeframe for 0,5-1sec.
    And It appears every 40-50 sec. EVERY TIME!
    So it's one (1) freezeframe every minute, for 0,5-1 sec.

Appears In fights and in non fights and in character select
    screen. It appears all the time when i start ps2. ;(
    Don't have this problem in other games at all..
  7. -Synapse-

Seems to happen to me whenever something is being loaded or rendered, the freeze time varies from .5 to around 8 seconds.

Waterson - Catnip
  8. Grimunk

I get the hitches

grimunk (TR on connery)

I get them in MWO as well. I keep forgetting to turn off file history to see if perhaps that is making a difference. It seems they occur regularly at 30 minute (or so) intervals.
  9. Chewy102

Haven't play a minute since Dark Souls 2 launched and just got some game time tonight. Stuttering and loading hiches all over. Gameplay will freeze for a moment and can happen at any time but mainly around loading new things such as getting close to a big fight. The map also refuses to mad up at times. It shows black but just the map and not the entire screen. Plus the normal needing to play with the filters to get hexes and base details to pop up.

The game used no more than 7GB of my 16GB RAM and didn't go past 60% of my 3.3GHz i2500k CPU. Was running in 64bit at my normal 30-60 FPS (capped at 60) depending on what is happening.
  10. Yuki10

Yuki10

Today was very bad with game actually freezing for a second, but not crashing, then continuing to stutter as usual.
  11. Azazel226

Meaticus on Matterson

I'm experiencing both the hitching problem and the black screen thing, but I will try the older drivers and see how that goes.

I originally thought the hitching was just low FPS, but it appears to be different. I unparked the other cores on my processor and got a big boost to overall FPS, but still experienced the hitches. I lowered and raised the overall graphics/resolution to experiment, and I've also cranked everything and disabled just the CPU hungry stuff to no avail. Last thing I tried to to uninstall the game and reinstall on relatively fresh hard drive.
  12. Azazel226

Update: Did some more research (links included) on what other users have done that seemed to help. Today I:
    1.) Rolled back my nVidia drivers to 332.21 (Thread OP)
    2.) Enabled Vsync (https://imgur.com/a/2SRSc?gallery)
    3.) Put Usefences 0 in my User config file (http://www.mordorhq.com/showthread.php?14220-Planetside-2-Potential-hitching-fix)
    4.) Lowered Prerendered frames to 1 (https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/index.php?threads/pre-rendered-frames-fps-boost.131195/)

I'm happy to report that I just played for about an hour any only encountered one or two stutters that was clearly loading/entering area related. The game was unplayable for me, so this is an infinitely better spot to be in. Most of my settings are on low or disabled, so I will slowly renable and crank them to see if any in particularly are problematic.
  13. Hunterion

Nnow with more frequency and duration than before.

Hunterion on Waterson.
  14. Hunterion

I can confirm this. Doing these steps reduce the hitches to 1 every 40-50 minutes, and the performance increased so I never drop below 45-50 fps on big battles.

Thanks!
  15. ChipMHazard

Tried the newest Nvidia driver, still having hitches.

ChipMHazard
  16. Mastachief

This issue is actually getting worse for me.
    • Up x 2
  17. VonStalin

I am getting the same kind of hitches on cs-go too.
    And my graphics card is not nvidia, it is radeon HD 7850.
  18. STEALTHKILL

Character Name: STEALTHKILLER

I get them every 7-10 minutes on Connery going from 50-60fps down to 20fps randomly while in the same area and size of battle. Running a FX8320 @ 4.3GHz and a HD7970 OC Edition Card
  19. lovetheserpent

i happens quite often even in densly populated areas
    server briggs character name:tlouman
  20. Tuco

Unfortunately my video card drivers don't go that far back

I find that if I Cntl-Alt-Del, within 1 second of the game freezing, and open the task manager; what would be a hard-freeze requiring me to hit the reset button allows the game to recover. Good luck troubleshooting this one.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.