Rocket Launcher Primary needs to go

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Clay, May 12, 2014.

1. Mustarde

It's not about how "effective" rocket primary is. It's the fact that you are gibbing dudes with a weapon designed to fight maxes/vehicles. And most of the time, it's just spamming choke points in big battles. When I made my video I rolled munitions pouch and ran around with 9 rockets. It averaged about 6-7 kills, then I'd have to find ammo or resupply, neither of which were hard. Worst case scenario, I'd pull out my secondary and get some T9 Carv kills.
  2. Takoita

Speaking of backblast mechanics, a form of this already exists (or existed and got taken out?) in this game: it is (was?) possible to get damaged when standing next to a tank's barrel without actually getting hit by the shell. I hadn't had this happen to me in a while, but then again I've stopped standing in front of friendly firing tank cannons too, so... Our rocketlaunchers don't have a hole on the other end for some reason to make use of it though.

Or are you talking about getting killed with your target if you fire the rocket a bit too close? That won't help solve much; the worst offenders - Biolab gen room, teleporters and pad access - are still more than spacious enough to drown you in rockets even with this limitation.
  3. Camycamera

once upon a time, people did not complain about rocket launchers being used against infantrymen.

hell, once upon a time the rocket launcher was used on the user themselves to launch them selves to higher places.....

now all people seem to do these days is cry because they got killed by some explosive.
    • Up x 2
  4. Nody

Fully agree; I want HE to be death incarnate to infantry and some damage (i.e. you really want AV or HEAT but you can at least put some damage on them and kill them if they are stupid) to light vehicles (Flash, ESF & Harrasser), HEAT to be a hybrid that worse on both AV and AI but still work either but at 50% efficiency (number up for debate) and AV in all forms to wreck havoc to anything with armor and make someone running HEAT cry as they get smacked around short of a huge skill gap on the AV side (i.e. constantly missing shots etc.).

And yes that means some weapons will need to be reworked (MBT weapons come to mind both primary and secondary depending on empire for example).
    • Up x 2
  5. TheFamilyGhost

If you're so skilled, how come you get so emotional when faced with a problem requiring skill?

If you're so skilled, how come you get hit with rockets so much?

Please, help me understand. If you're so skilled, why do rockets scare you so much that you must come to the forums for help?
  6. Clay

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

All those happend today. 2 of them only within 2 minutes. And all the time it were people who were exactly aiming at infantry with them and cheesing kills by jumping out of a corner or a building, BOOM, jump back to reload, repeat. It seems more and more people find out about this "tactic". I have seen 2 discussions in yell chat today about RL primary users. That shows, its something a lot of people are unhappy with.

[IMG]
  7. Clay

Once upon a time, people on the forum made constructive posts about the topic, to add something like an argument to a discussion about gameplay mechanics.

Now all people seem to think their opinion is the only valid one and everybody who takes something else into consideration should shut a full cup and l2p.

Then why did they remove ZOE if people were so skilled to deal with it? Or vulcan harassers? It has nothing to do with "scare". People just try to improve the game to make a better experience for everyone. We are not against anyone who play this game. Im happy so many people play this game and have fun with it. So we try to make them and us have even more fun! By pointing out what kills the fun.

If you cant believe in it, its probably due to the fact that there are none around.

This was quite fun to read! ;) But youre wrong on several points. At first, I am not a big troll, sorry. Second, I already pointed out that I made my opening post rather provoking to get more answers from players about the topic (it worked). I dont want a RL nerf, if you define "nerfing" as "reduce damage/effectivity. If you feel like the average player isnt going to hit anything with it, it might be due to the fact that you are a very very good player (at least your stats show that). This means you have good reflexes, movement and situational awareness. These things let you deal with problems like this one easily (also with things like ZOE for example) but the average player isnt like that at all. He or She will suffer from this kind of gameplay, where there is no option to "outplay" someone. Just a running dude around a corner, BOOM, sudden death. Pretty much like a longe range one hit kill shotgun with a slower projectile. And enugh people are abusing this mechanic as you can see in this thread. So I dont understand how you can say this could not be a valid issue at all.
  8. TheFamilyGhost

They removed these things (and watered down countless other things) because people (like you) couldn't hack it.

You have every right to speak of what you consider fun. I have every right to speak of what I consider fun. They are two different things. Fun for you is a watered down version of a shooting game where everything that scares you has a blunt edge. Fun for me is an ultra-dangerous environment full of scary, deadly things.

So, be careful when you speak of what is fun for everyone. Nerf-land sounds real bad to the people that enjoy difficulty.
    • Up x 1
  9. Nitish Sharma

Lol,last time in bio lab,had 110 kill streak with my decimator,everyone was like to me "BR100,still don't know how to play",those kills were in about 1 hour 40 mins time,then I got bored and took my stalker cloak infil inside and same guys were still saying "BR100,still don't know how to play",then I took my desk out again,whining feggets

Not hard to use it like a long range pump action shotgun.
  10. TheFamilyGhost

Why do people stand in a place where this tactic is effective?

I know why, because they're spamming the corner too.

Stay out of spam zones, or expect to get what you're trying to give.
  11. Clay

Not sure if this post is pro my point of view or contra. Still funny tho :) Not sure how you can do anything with stalker infil hehe.
    Also nice how your signature pic, K/d and XP/min are nearly exactly like mine ^^ it looks like they cloned me in a different universe and this other me sended that post to gíve me a hint about him.

So Planetside is not full of deadly things now? Strange, I feel like I die to quite a lot of things in this game ;)
    And you might be surprised that I agree with most of the things you say. I dont want a watered down version and I dont want everything with a blunt edge. I want a situation where people are in danger when theres someone around who can aim his LMG and laser-bullet the crap out of em. But where is the danger if you can just instakill the dangerous guy with a rocket launcher and rush the point with your low BR friends like its a field of flowers? Cant see anything deadly and scary in that room after 2 guys shooted their Shrike into it to kill the infantry without any possibility of resistance or outplay.
  12. TheFamilyGhost

I'd rather have them than a pack of crybabies.
  13. TheFamilyGhost

The danger wasn't to the rocket user, the danger was to his targets.

The outplay came from the rocket user. If a person is going to be where rockets are effective, then they had better accept the danger.

Its an odd argument: "I made a mistake in game and died to a rocket! I won't change what I do, so please, change what *they* do!"
  14. Clay

Do you really need to go on that level? I liked your interesting posts in this thread, so why this one now? I try to discuss a gameplay mechanic with other players, show my experiences ingame and talk about them to see what other people think about it and hear about their experiences (this is what the forum is made for). I cant see anyone crying here. If you feel the need to insult other players as "crybabies" it pretty much disqualifies yourself because your post is more "crying" than any other constructive one in this thread.
  15. Koldorn

Flak armor needs to be re-balanced / readjusted in a manner that protects against this.
    So that a direct rocket deals ~600-800 damage to the wearer @ Flak 5. (Depending if SoE wants RLs to retain OHK status against infiltrators or not)

The player then has an optional cert path to avoid a mechanic; while not hindering the RL's effectiveness against non-flak (or flak 4 or less) infantry or other targets it is intended to work against.
  16. TheFamilyGhost

There is a ton of crying. Call it what it is, or people won't know its wrong.

So, the person says, "do we really want to play with L2P (aka people that believe they own their in-game experiences) people?"

My answer is, "yes, and if I have to choose, I'll choose L2P over JEM anyday".
  17. Nitish Sharma

Lol,they're identical, haha but when I was br99 my kdr was 1.6 and spm was 190,took all my might to improve it,been playingst 600 spm + ever since still no good,btw there are lots of ways stalker cloak is good at.
    Like http://abload.de/img/z877drq9f.gif couldn't embed it,on phone
    And I use decimator anI'm at good at it,as last month I had connectivity issues with my ISP,my ping went 1000 after the first bullet I shot,so I chose to kill enemy in the first shot,then 1000 ping for 2.3 secs and repeat.
  18. Odin

I realize none of you gives a **** but I played hard from alpha till about 2 months ago and simply quit (along with my brother and 1 other mate)because of lame rocket primaries, and other lame things being picked up by new/most players. Hope you get soe to change it. It's such a boring crutch and skilless. Hope to be back someday.
    • Up x 2
  19. MrK

Except the Deci Warrior has done nothing half difficult nor creative nor genius or whatever. I don't call that "outplaying" at all, that's at best average gameplay.
    He didn't improve, just got a kill by putting a crosshair in the general direction of the group of ennemy then backed up in cover hoping for a kill, which he gets very often.
    No recoil counter, CoF control, burst firing, ADS/Hipfire decision, nothing of the gameplay mecanics put in place for the other weapons for which you need to improve yourself to get good at.
    This model is promoting "low standards" (purposefully exagerating here) because you don't have to improve anything by using it. Even more so, the option to fight against it is to use it, leading to a general lowering of the game experience. Why would I spend time learning my LMG to get kills if I get better result whoring a Biolab with Rocket Primary? Why would VS even try the Lasher? We all have the can-do-it-all tool on HA, there's less reason to bother with "tedious" things.

Why not consider another alternative which would promote rewarding more challenging way of playing?
    • Up x 1
  20. AshOck

If we removed all crutches from the game then what would happen to all the unskilled players?
    I'm not so sure they would choose to try and get better rather than quit...

Don't get me wrong though, I'm all for changing the rocket launcher damage VS infantry. Just don't want to end up playing
    on empty servers..