Rocket Launcher Primary needs to go

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Clay, May 12, 2014.

1. NCDaniel

Get rid of the S1. That is all.
  2. MrJengles

I completely agree on that.

Although I wonder, are you not concerned that if the UBGL had sensible limits such as these, but the RL could continue to be spammed with an ammo pack and probably remained easier to fire at range, wouldn't the RL outperform the UBGL in an anti-infantry capacity? On top of the anti-vehicle capacity.
  3. Lewk

I can see where you are coming from, and agree that for a new player, OHK from rocket primary would be frustrating/difficult to counter as most new players do silly things like stand still, crouch and shoot, etc.
  4. Mustarde

I can confirm, veteran players can too die from rockets, with ease :)
    • Up x 1
  5. Vikarius

My solution is to reduce the AV and AI damage capability of the default RL
    Then have the rest of the RLs either specialize in AI, AV, or AA and have a resource cost on ammunition.

This would mean the default RL would be more of a AV/AI hindering weapon, but can be spammed freely like all RLs can now.

Lastly, let the user place the default RL in either Primary slot or current RL slot. Then have the AI specialized RLs only equippable in the current RL slot, and the AV/AA specialized RLs would only be equippable in the primary slot.

Then the other rocket launchers, each having a specialized role would be balanced by the simple fact of the following:

A. Resource cost on ammo means they can't be resupped at ammo packs (go tactically placing sunderers rather then spamming them)

B. If the user tried to use a RL for a role different of which it is designed (using an AV RL against infantry) it would have little to no effect. (promotes skillfully play and specialization with sacrifice)

C. The user would have to further choose what role they want to specialize in due to the slot changes. Want AI specialization on your HA? LMG primary slot and AI RL secondary. Want AV specialization on your HA? AV RL in primary slot and Default RL in your secondary slot.

Want a balanced role? Mix it up with the default or a combo of 2 RLs. All choices this way have a specialization and a sacrifice at the same time which is the very defining element of balance
  6. Inu

Here is the problem with the comment i put in bold.

Once your toast. Your alive 0.5 seconds later. Yes, medics.
  7. Lord_Avatar

That goes both ways, doesn't it? You smash a pretty face with a dumbfire and a green mage comes along negating all your pious endeavours.
  8. Scr1nRusher

Lewk

WHY DID YOU BUMP A OLD THREAD ON A TOPIC THAT DIED OUT?

what have you done/Re-unleshed?

Really what caused you to dig this thread up?

actually don't answer my questions, this thread/topic needs to go back from which it came.
  9. Ownasaurusrex

You deserve planetside death for causing nerfs
  10. LT_Latency

It needs to come back 5 auraxium medals with RPGs????? It's hopeless