MATTHERSON VS MILLER SERVER SMASH 10MAY14

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Negator, May 5, 2014.

1. Negator

im torn. and medic guns.
  2. LordDethir

Interested, Never been to a server smash before ;).

Also: Voting for NC faction for Mattherson.
  3. FireclawX

Hmm, are there any slots left open for another squad? RBLE is interested in participating (though I understand if it's a little late to get involved) I still need to check up with some folks, but as of now, we would be able to get at least 1 squad.
  4. Kylerr

SVO should be able to field a squad (need to confirm this with Veng tonight) so keep a spot open please
    • Up x 1
  5. Negator

LIKELY GOING TO NEED A TS MEETING PRIOR TO FRIDAY. STAY TUNED.
  6. LordMondando

7. Negator

8. Dotz0r

Copied from reddit - looks like i am ranting - but i am not, just a general heads-up. I do not want people to get carried away. Although it confuses us, as we have asked for a matherson rep / posted advertisement and having heard of NOTHING from math server the last 2 week (plan weeks) and like 4 days before the match, when other plans have sort of taken precedent - matherson seems "all aboard" which has caused a situation where we need to sort out who is actually playing - only made worse when it involves 800 people from 4 different servers and the constant back and forth / timezones.

THIS WHOLE MATCH IS VERY,VERY TENTATIVE. We applaud negator for taking over as rep, alas we still think this is "too soon". But wait out.

THIS IS NOT 100% Official. (I.E This thread)

I am assuming that negator is the new matherson rep (finally, we get one) however, i fear he has jumped into the deep end straight away. This match is/was borderline potentially going to be cancelled. It may or may not still happen. Plans were drawn, and semi-set in motion due to no rep scenario (again) so it is just a case of sorting out this massive ***********. Which has been made worse by this and many different other threads. Some (for example, one on millerreddit) advertisng this and also this thread / soe version. There is a lot moving parts and general confusion / chinese whispers and people doing things off their own back further causing chaos. Only made worser by seeing that "certain drama" has crept into serversmash, which that can honestly, ****.

However, a few things wrong.

Sizes, this seems to be an "all in" affair - YOU, as a rep, cannot confirm numbers unless you SPEAK to your opposing servers representatives. (Which i fear, might not have happened) Causing another reason why people want this postponed on both sides.

We try to get reps to organize by meeting each other in incremental numbers, i.e both have 96 - you move onto 144, get 144 - 192 etc etc, however - a few days before match day does not give a server a lot of time to prepare, or so it seems from previous adventures.

All i can say officially is - Take this thread and **ANY OTHER** thread relating to this weekends match with a pinch of salt to **AVOID DISAPPOINTMENT**

______________________________________________________________________________________________

**Official remarks will be made at the following places**

Take heed and join us on /r/seversmash or http://ps2-pickup.enjin.com/home and try and keep in the loop.

twitter @ps2_pickup

______________________________________________________________________________________________

There is many different scenarios playing out now, i am currently on a break and i temporaily come back to a ***********. People who dont speak for us making teams, making threads, sowing confusion and so forth. We (on our private reddit) are discussing of moving last weekends cancelled game to this weekend, as we struggled to get a mattherson rep. There is a lot of confusion now - not helped by the threads on the several different reddits, soe forum and so forth.

For now - take this whole as a pinch of salt, this is VERY tentative - and currently in the midst of an ongoing bigger ***********.

However - still be ready nonetheless, however DO NOT CONFIRM NUMBERS UNTIL YOU HAVE SPOKEN TO THE OPPOSING SERVER'S SERVER REPS. The last thing i want on my plate is another connery-like drama thread where people are moaning that they had to cut numbers.
  9. LordMondando

Look up.
  10. Negator

Sorry, none of that is an issue for us. As I initially asked yesterday, all we need to know is how many to bring, the terms, and when. That's all.

The folks in this thread, the other Mattherson outfit leaders all know they might be cut. We arent going to pile in and produce a 70/30 pop fight. We don't need weeks to organize people for a 'fun match'.
    • Up x 3
  11. Dotz0r

12. Negator

After much fudiddling,

17 MAY 17 MAY 17 MAY 17 MAY

new miller match date.
    • Up x 1
  13. Negator

Going to go with standing roster. Thursday 2215 EST 85.236.100.188:12667 brief meeting.

If you have been listed as an outfit rep in the OP, i need the following:

1. Attend the Thursday TS meeting. I'm a big fan of short and sweet, no ********.
    -To discuss: Platoon leads, platoon assignments, TS coms, Air leads, expectations
    2. Be responsive, willing, and understand that we will be confined to the numbers Miller can produce.
    3. Confirm the numbers you are dedicating have the PTS DLed, patched, and characters created.

If you see a name on the initial list that belongs to your outfit, talk to him, or tell me who to change it to.
  14. GrenadeShark

This sounds like fun. I don't have anything leadership wise to add nor anyone to bring. But, if someone wants to plunk me down in one of their groups, that would be nice.
  15. SOE-MOD-03

This is off topic.

Thank you,
    ♥03
  16. SOE-MOD-03

Hey y'all,

After looking more into this, I feel that I locked this wrongly. Sorry about that, truly.

♥03
    • Up x 1
  17. Negator

18. LordDethir

19. GoEErs

Will any of this be streamed live or recorded for YouTube? Please advise.
  20. Negator

yes, there will be a post up this week with all the folks streaming. should be alot.

its also being cast at: twitch.tv/inicast