Medic revives.. decline. here's why..

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by sebo, Dec 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xizwhoa

I only take revives from one person. Latrodectuss. Why? Besides being a friend he will never revive me in the middle of a **** storm that would get me killed
  2. xxJackallxx

Want to know what is worse...

I have had medics shoot me in the back just to start healing me for the XP...that is f---d up right there.
  3. Zapon

AHH, Run away! I knew it couldnt last too LONG! AHH, it chased me from MAG can you believei t! Here we go again

The so called "Walmart Rez"

It's BAAACK

---------------

The only lesson to learn- is medics should strive to heal someone up fully if they can, after reviving.

AND people getting healed- if you're not taking fire when revived- DONT run away from the medic!

simply put
  4. Leal

YOU DON'T GET XP FOR FRIENDLY FIRE
    • Up x 1
  5. bPostal

Please post your in game names so I can stop risking my neck to save your silly ***.
    • Up x 1
  6. Artuskan

You're a beginning Medic. You know from the video tutorials that you have a healing tool and that you're supposed to revive/heal people. So that's what you run around doing. Tool doesn't revive to full health? I must have missed that in the manual. Oh, wait. What manual? It takes time exploring the forums and examining the cert tree before you start to pick up some of this stuff. Don't blame them because they're doing what they were told to be doing and don't understand the fine points.
  7. Biytor

I never said to take away the reward, I said reduce it for those that won't spend the certs on the class. Also my level 6 medi gun should never be overridden by some Nubcakes level 1 medi gun period. This will only weed out those that are playing Medic for the res XP and leave the real Medics behind.

Wrong. Ressing someone at 15% health will just get them killed and require another res. Do this often enough and you get people like the OP who won't accept a res for any reason, regardless of who is giving it, because they have been burned so many times by these wannabe Medics.

That usually turns out to be me or those like me that can't stand watching these XP ****** res people and them not be at full health.

Reducing the amount of XP for level 1 & 2 guns will force them to spend those paltry certs needed to upgrade it somewhat. I was able to upgrade my medi gun to level 5 in less 1 day and hit level 6 before the 1st week of release. When I knew that my res would be pointless I went and grabbed a gun and started killing and used the certs I gain from that to boost my medi gun up.

Reducing the XP for low level Medi guns will not hurt the class in the least, it will only weed out the undesirables that the class attracts with the full XP for resing with a level 1 gun. Get rid of the incentive for half-assing something and the parasites will go away from it and back to a combat class.
  8. Flarestar

I agree with the earlier suggestions of scaling the experience granted based on the percentage of HP their revive gives.

Most medics are terrible, and aren't playing the class to help your team assault the base. They're playing it because the class requires virtually no skill at all to rake in a ton of certs. That's why they'll revive you when you died in a spot where you're clearly in the line of fire. That's why they'll revive you and just wait for you to die again instead of healing you. That's why they'll run out into the open like a brainless lemming as soon as you hit the ground and die themselves, nevermind that there is clearly a hostile player waiting to shoot them. Pretty much any time I see a medic running around with his heal tool out instead of his gun, unless there's wounded people or dead people right near him, I immediately discount that player as someone useful to my team.

Changing the experience formula would help with part of that. The rest is just a symptom of F2P.
    • Up x 1
  9. Blaank

If you have the healgun lvl 1. You res someone and get the Revive XP....and then you can heal him up for even more XP.
    If you have the maxed healgun....you get the same revive XP but dont get to heal him for more XP.

base the XP off the amount of health the person comes back with after a res. 15% of the XP for 15% health and 100% XP for a 100% revive.

I will slap the dev team across the face with my dick if they don't do this.
  10. PieceKeeper00

A google search led me here. I think this thread is quite hilarious.

I always accept revives.

With that said how do you expect people to understand all the subtelties of being a medic when there is no manual for the game, you have to read forums or search Youtube to learn more about the game. I'd venture into saying 50% of players have even no idea that there are certifications and upgrades that cost 1cert if you know where to look. The game is huge, the tutorials are laughable.

I hop into Sunderers to man the turrets and there are no optics? Well how can I complain? The guy who owns it is single handedly maintaining a siege by deploying dozens of guys every 10 seconds. I just shoot things without the zoom and suck it up.

If I get revived by a level 1, most of the time there will be another medic healing me back to full within 10 seconds since they are everywhere so why all the crying?

I sometimes get revived in the middle of a huge firefight and get killed right away. I don't care, I'll get revived again and again until the chaos and randomness of war allows me to stay up.

I don't care if the guy is "farming", I'm back on my feet gun in hand, exactly where it matters so I keep on fighting.

Just be glad the medics are there to keep soldiers healthy, because if there was no possibility for "farming" there would be no medics and players would be complaining that the medic class blows.
  11. Gritmo

I play a medic most of the time. It's great. I die plenty keeping you guys alive.. my KDR is lousy.

If you don't like what the medics are doing in a battle, you can leave. I have to risk life and limb just to revive you and you want to cry about it? WAAA

If you think medic xp is so great, you can play one! hahha

It's funny how good you get at jumping through enemy fire when you medic...

Anyway, if you don't wanna get revived, don't accept the revive and just respawn. If you accept a revive when you shouldn't, maybe you didn't know your position on the battle field well enough.. you sound like a newb.
  12. Jogido

meh, doesn't add to your deaths so it's worth a shot...you might survive.

Plus you can usually tell how hot an area is if you really think you'll die again, decline. Also you can always till a max level med gun based on speed.
  13. ShinBreaker

LOL, I literally certed into rank 6 medic tool, Nano-Regen Device 6, Grenade Bandolier 2, and Nanite Revive Grenade for the purpose of getting into massive zerg fights and farming dead people. I am a medic with good intentions because I sacrifice my life to get into impossible places to revive dead people. (Which does require a lot of parkour and strategy)
    Although my main incentive are certs, I still get the job done, and am aware of where I am before I revive someone. I even use my heartstring with detect bolt to determine whether I should heal my teammates or flee.
  14. AshHill07

I'll usually have my Nano-Regen going whilst reviving people, since I have Nano-Regen 5 and
    Medical Applicator 5 it doesn't take much.

But as previously stated, often when you revive someone they run off immediately, often before even my Nan-Regen can actually heal them. Also if a downed player thinks I'm going to spend all my time stood over their body waiting for them to actually get up to heal them to full they're mistaken. I'll wait a few seconds, or start reviving someone else who is next to you. But if I have to start running after you then I'm not going to bother.
  15. doombro

You just revived (no pun intended) a thread that has been dead for more than a year.
    • Up x 1
  16. ShinBreaker

Wow, I can't believe I replied to such a thread. Same on me and the necroposter.
  17. PieceKeeper00

Yes I did, so the thread could join in again at the frontlines and fight the good fight.

Bumping old threads > Starting new ones about the same subject.
    • Up x 1
  18. Llaf

Postin' in a NECRO THREAD.

Rank 6 revive tool. It'll pay for itself in a day. Nuff' said.
  19. PieceKeeper00

Does the XP earned by reviving guys with a lvl 6 tool compensate for the lousy lvl 1 tool + subsequent post-revive healing?
  20. KnightCole

What server are you on? 20-25 medics?! Pppffffttt....I could go onto mattherson and post prolly 10 pictures a night showing there is like 1 or 2 medics max in any fight.....and even massive fights, maybe I could count like 8 medics max.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.