64-bit...AMAZING!

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Octiceps, Apr 24, 2014.

1. Stormgeist1

Thanks for the tip, i've tried this as well as the latest 14.4 drivers. Unfortunately it had no effect on my stutters/hitches. =/ The game actually runs super well, its just that it stutters every 10-30 seconds.
    Im only posting and 'caring' about this stuff atm because this is a unique game, nothing like it out there. So yeah, pretty engaged with getting it to run without stutters again =P

Going back to 32bit is ofcourse an option to play stutter-less again, but i hear they wont support it anymore so doesnt seem useful in the long term.
  2. TeknoBug

Yeah with the latest 64bit patch I'm getting really low GPU usage (created a profile in both CCC and RadeonPro) and using 14.4 beta so I will try 13.12 when I get back home on Sunday to see if it is any different.
  3. Octiceps

You need to use the latest MSI Afterburner beta. EVGA Precision doesn't have OSD support for 64-bit games.

Did you follow the instructions in this video?

Obviously, force the CrossFire profile for PlanetSide 2 not BioShock when you get to that step.

You can close RadeonPro after you're done as you don't need it running for the driver tweaks to take effect. Just set it and forget it.
  4. BigCrow

With 64 bit client I got 20-30 fps, instead of 50-60 with 32 bit.
    Constantly.

GIVE MY FPS BACK!

I play on laptop, i5 quad core, 4 GB ram, radeon GPU
  5. Octiceps

Specs?

Sounds like your multi-GPU isn't working.
  6. Kociboss

It states that I have 100+ fps in WG but microstuttering makes it feel like it's 30 or less.

intel 2500K OC to 4 gHz
    8 gb ram
    Windows 7 64 bit
    Radeon HD 6950
  7. Guavaman

I hate to have to thank filthy Vanu scumbag for helping out, but... ;)

I installed the DX up (down) date and it works now. Thanks!

This is highly irregular considering I'm running Windows 8.1 w/ update and have been using the 64-bit client for a long time now with no issues. Just about 3-4 days ago it started giving me the 7b error after a patch SOE rolled out. Within a few hours they rolled another one out and it started working again with no issues. As of the patch yesterday, the 7b error came back. By installing a 4-year old DX runtime update, my PS 2 is now running again. Brilliant! It seems to me SOE is including some outdated library in their builds sporadically -- a library that is not included in Windows 8.1 nor is it installed by the PS2 installer.

Oh, and for the record, I've never had microstudders or low frame rate issues in 64 bit and I'm just running a lowly Geforce 460 768MB. (Even in Biolabs the frame rate stays ~50-60 on medium settings). We'll see if it starts now that I've patched DX...
  8. Octiceps

I never had an issue because plenty of my other DX9 games already installed those runtimes multiple times in the past. Using Windows 8 Pro x64 here.

LOL be cool my man. There ain't no factions in ForumSide. :p
  9. Emon

Load in screens are taking for ever. Stuttering and warping like crazy.

AMD 3.4 x4
    win 7 64
    GTX 660
    8Gig ram

I used to get the application error that made the game unable to load but I updated the Direct X as suggested. This got me into the game but it is stuttering, hitching and laggin so bad, I might as well not play
  10. Octiceps

After two days of awesome sauce frame rates, I'm sorry to say that's it's kinda sh*tty again. :(

I've dropped 10-20 FPS in the exact same situations as yesterday and split-second hitches are back with a vengeance. Thankfully, the other benefits of 64-bit client such as no crashes and faster loading are still present. Still, I gotta wonder how the hell performance took a turn for the worse without a single client patch or even ninja update between when the game ran butter smooth and how it runs now, which is not much better than it used to.

It's gotta be something server side, as absolutely nothing has changed on my end. How in the world do server side issues affect client frame rate and performance? I have no idea. This game is an eternal mystery to me.
  11. RIctavius

macbook??? with Windows?
  12. RIctavius

Do you leave your machine on or let it cool with a shut down? :p
  13. NCmagnetarN7

PS2 has run pretty nice since beta for me, but this update has introduced a micro stutter much worse than i ever had in the past,feels sluggish?,and a little skip/freeze every 10-20 seconds.i can't enjoy gameplay as it stands.

i7 3.6Ghz
    HD7870
    8gig RAM
    Win7
  14. Tito

im play 2 days 2 alerts no crash BEST CLIENT SO FAR TX SOE
  15. NCmagnetarN7

even my PC feels a little sluggish and CCC wont open after playing PS2.
  16. Spiritualised

Yeah macbook pro OS X 10.9.2, bootcamp windows 7 ultimate x64 :)
  17. NoctD

It might not crash but it sure hitches away. Micro stutter and worse hitching at times.
  18. Octiceps

I only restart my computer about once a month for Windows Updates. Otherwise it's always either on or sleeping. Got no thermal issues whatsoever. I can game for as long as I want without worrying about temperatures. ;)
  19. RIctavius

Dar yo problem - I shut down my Desktop everynight to program cool down.
  20. Octiceps

What's my problem?