64-bit...AMAZING!

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Octiceps, Apr 24, 2014.

1. dreamcast87

Intershield glad to hear that. Would you be so kind as to put up your system specs so I can compare to my own?
  2. Toronto Raptors

I am still having problems loggin in --error 0x0000007
  3. Octiceps

• Up x 1
  4. namd3

bah, getting hitching every few seconds
  5. Octiceps

This goes for everyone who's reporting increased hitching: Do you have adequate RAM? 6GB should be the minimum, 8GB or more ideally. That's assuming you're running most of the settings turned up and Ultra textures.

I wouldn't be surprised if 64-bit client utilizes more memory/makes better use of it and thus causes more stuttering on low RAM systems.
  6. Octiceps

Some other observations:

Game loads much faster than before when redeploying, basically instantaneous now instead of 3-5 seconds. Initial splash screen loading and when logging in are also a little shorter.

Game becomes smooth instantly after any kind of loading (continent warping/redeploying into new areas) instead of stuttering for a few seconds before smoothing out.
  7. Ling

OK I don't have my iGPU installed at all, I don't run SLI and it still runs like crap, I have added the 64 bit profile and same old stuff, I have 12 GB of RAM a 3770K and a 780TI, Stutters horribly with the 64 bit client, I'm glad it makes your game run better but it makes mine suck.
  8. Bambasti

My machine has got 16GB of RAM and with the latest patch performance got worse. A lot worse.

First there's stuttering. Had this for a while and it was annoying but at least appearing not too frequent. Now I get these microstutters way too often. Planetside 2 is a FPS that relies on precision with the mouse, like a surgeon does with his scalpel. But you gave him Parkinson and made his career a lot less promising. :(

Also the mouse reaction is more indirect than before, especially in larger battles it feels like I'm underwater and aiming becomes increasingly difficult. Was fine before.

Please fix this as soon as possible - or simply revert the latest patch and try again, this time with more testing before release.
  9. Money

at least your game launches. consider yourself lucky.....................
    • Up x 1
  10. DirArtillerySupport

I would love to get a weekend with one of these computers that is constantly crashing with every SOE patch that comes out.
  11. Octiceps

Briggs server just went down for maintenance, so maybe everyone complaining here are Briggs players?
  12. Joker

Wow! I just started playing this again about 5 days ago. I was disappointed my character had been deleted but I only played in the beta and very early into launch so it was expected. I have an HD6950 Crossfire setup and watched both cards run at 50% with 35-45 FPS which sucked... I log in today and can't figure out why both cards are running at 90% with 57FPS and almost no drop in large battles. Nice update!!!
    • Up x 1
  13. Octiceps

Nice! Did you use RadeonPro to enable CrossFire?
  14. namd3

16GB here, x79 mainboard, Intel Core i7@4.6Ghz
  15. Guavaman

Oh, except for the 2nd time in 3 days it refuses to run. Dear Sony: TEST YOUR G** D*** PATCHES BEFORE YOU ROLL THEM OUT!

Thank you.
  16. Spiritualised

64 bit client is working great. Played for the last 5 hrs or so no crashes whatsoever, Extremely smooth. Just alt tabbed out to come post on here and it still hasnt crashed.Superb. Please SOE, dont disable it again there is nothing wrong with it.

Windows 7 ultimate x64
    i5 3570k @ 4300
    8 GB CORSAIR DDR3 1600
    4GB MSI AMD Radeon R9 290 TWIN FROZR IV
    3TB 7200 HDD 60GB SSD IRST CACHE
  17. Guavaman

I beg to differ...

[IMG]
  18. Spiritualised

Loads of help that mate, you havent even listed what hardware youre running
  19. Octiceps

20. Stormgeist1

Great that the game runs better for some people. Its just that i was already running at 50-60fps in Biolab battles, except now that doesnt matter anymore because of microstutters in 64bit.

Win7 64
    intel i7 4770 3.5ghz
    r9 270 2gb
    8gb ram
    msi gaming mb