Opinions on Mattherson/Waterson Merge?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Alarox, Apr 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Beeman

I don't know, I'd be down for it I guess...though I have an NC on Waterson and a TR(my primary character) on Mattherson. I personally wouldn't want them to be on the same server, but it's not going to ruin my game experience or anything if they were.
  2. Westy543

Can't wait to shoot all the Mattherson refugees who are in Waterson that get merged back in.
    • Up x 1
  3. Durendal

And we shall welcome them back with a full barrage of lancer fire and remind them the one truth they tried so hard to escape... GINYU FORCE RULES!
    • Up x 1
  4. JHz

GINYU FORCE RULES
    So say we all.
  5. HotTeslaAction

It is true, GINYU FORCE RULES

Dunno why it drives some of you guys bananas but one day we will have the answer.
  6. DQCraze

You know it :p
    • Up x 2
  7. NoctD

I play the game - on other servers. People are actually friendly and not generally nasty and condescending. You think I'm insulting? See all the nasty comments sent my way because I said Mattherson is pure toxic. Go figure out why others say Mattherson is toxic. I don't see this level of nastiness elsewhere. Things on Mattherson becomes personal cause people take things too personally... as can be clearly seen even on this discussion. Its just a game. Get over yourselves.
  8. FailasaurusRex

Matty has great fights with cross-faction pops that seem to average out per continent. Daily queues on Indar during alerts, a rare queue on other conts.

Having recently started an alt on waterson to play with a buddy, waterson needs help! That place is laughable during alerts.

More blood for the blood god!!
    Feed us waterson.

NoctD.
    Both TE and their main protagonist GOON have long left Matty. With TE gone prodigious levels of swagger have fallen to an all time low. With no one to bother, the GOONS turned to shenanigans then broke up.
    All thats left on Matty are kiddies screaming "giynu force rules", decent size tank zergs with support and a surprisingly "sick" air game.

Also the feeling a Matty player has for its server is well earned. Connery in its first hay day and now in its resurgent days, still lacks the intensity of the 4-front-fights of Matty. Air, infantry, vehicle, chat. Gotta own all 4, cuz lord knows owning a hex dosent mean jack.
    • Up x 1
  9. DQCraze

Let's be honest here, you started the drama by making a generalized statement of saying the server is nothing more then a group of social neanderthals (paraphrased ). Some of us who work hard to promote goodwill took offense. Yes it is a game, but still is competitive, and because there is a certain swag that some players like to have in the spirit of competition, you will have some "trash talking".

This by no means makes our players bad people or "toxic". In fact a lot of our better players have reached out to the community with instructional videos for ps2. So before you start trolling with blanket statements understand we are all having fun and enjoy this game at a competitive level and do care about the future of this game and the community as a whole.
    • Up x 6
  10. TeknoBug

Matherson TR was extremely toxic when the Enclave was around. It still can be with GOON (I got an NC in GOON) but considering dealing with other players on Mattherson, it's better than it was about a year ago.
    • Up x 1
  11. MajiinBuu

Yell chat is usually dead on Mattherson. I'd like the chance to communicate with other auraxians.
    Higher populations in the morning would be great too.
  12. GrenadeShark

Don't let anyone confuse you. Mattherson is Toxic and full of hypocrites.

I recently ran into a rash of ESFs sporting AA a week back. I decided I would try out this magical device that is unbeatable for once. I received no less than 10 hate tells my first day of using it and more the 2nd day. I was notified by individuals I was hated and an unskillful PoS by all the "AAA pilots".

Now I consider myself a casual player. I don't play every day nor do I worry about K/Ds, SPM or any other metric. I have 60 total kills with AA missiles and probably another 60 that I got in relation to having used one. I realized something after all of this. All of these pilots whispering me with hate tells are Auraxiumed on both Coyotes and AA. Half of them still run one or the other as part of their loadout.

But, you would think based on the feedback I received in game that I have been doing this for years on end. That I am a hated menace to the nose gun battles that all pilots honor and partake of. The truth is there are teams of anti ESF libs running with their own defense AA ESFs. The skies are hardly ever "balanced" and air only outfits run in large numbers and outnumber their competition. Vary rarely will I actually get a 1 on 1. It's generally 2-3 on 1 in either direction.

People on this server are so elitist that anytime you kill them for any reason other than one they decide is okay, you will receive hate tells. It's not faction specific.
    • Up x 2
  13. HotTeslaAction

That has nothing to do with Mattherson in particular, it is just that skygods are human garbage.
  14. NoctD

It is a generalized statement, but I stand by what I said. Its not everyone on the server certainly - but there's simply not this concentration of self absorbed egomaniacs to be found on other servers. All you need is a few sour grapes to spoil the whole barrel of wine.
  15. Huxer

From what little research I've done it looks like these Matherson guys are in for a rude awakening in combining with Waterson which is generally considered one of the most competitive servers in the game. You are going to be up against outfits that rank what 1, 2 and 3 in the game all on Waterson? Good luck with your blood drive tho I guess. NUC, TIW, ZAPS, XOO, BOG, EXPO,QPRO, seriously Matherson guys, you have a bad case of the big fish, little pond syndrome.
  16. Demetrios

If you don't play on Mattherson, you don't matter, son.
    • Up x 9
  17. DQCraze

Please, we all know the blaze n bail pilots of QRY don't like to be missiled. But don't generalize and blame the entire pop of a server for the statements of a few boneheads. Sounds like your feelings get hurt pretty easily...just sayin
    • Up x 1
  18. Solidpew

So bye bye, to Mattherson pride.
    Drove my Maggy to north Indar, but north Indar was dry.
    And them good ol' libs shot out of the sky
    Singin', "This'll be the day that I fly."
    "This'll be the day that I die.."
  19. DQCraze

Don't hate...we come to play, all I'm gonna say is bring it.
    • Up x 1
  20. VSDerp

This thread is beautiful. mattherson is known for so called DRAMA but look when 1 person talks down on mattherson we all flock in and work together in defending our master server. I been on mattherson since the first hour the game launched and im never leaving !
    • Up x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.