Do you use the PTS?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by IamDH, Apr 3, 2014.

1. notyourbuddy

Yeah, occassionally changes from Test->Live get pushed too fast. Yeah, sometimes lots of negative feedback gets ignore. But other times it does seem to serve a purpose.

For one, I'm pretty sure all the negative feedback played a role in sparing us from the Great MAX Grenade Launcher Apocalypse of 2013.

(plus sometimes you get to play with some cool little toys that never make it to live - like MAX flame throwers :eek:)
    • Up x 1
  2. iPlague

Reward people for testing for you!
    Give them 1-3 days Experience Boosts like they did when SOE tested for Darker Nights!
    • Up x 2
  3. vsae

PTS would be useful if the devs listened to certain players and not listened to crybabies.
  4. barunedpat

listening to a few instead of the many? Hardly democratic.

I have played two or three time. Last was before lib upgrade. Everyone we shot told us it wasnt for testing weapons though, and if you wanted to kill others you'd play on the "normal servers". Guess thats why so many are stuck in VR

Also, some kind of reward for your "real" account would be nice. Unlocking certs, boosts or special camos would make it feel less like a waste of valuable time. The certs don't make themself.
    • Up x 1
  5. vsae

What democracy? This is game management, it doesnt need any democracy. It needs solid and well thought directives, based upon opinions of player council that has spent thousand of hours in game. I dont mean it should be what the council says must be implemented, rather than listened to. Now however we have stupid system where devs can either listen to the community of crybabies and nerf something before it made its way onto live server or just ignore everyone and put it as it is.
    • Up x 1
  6. ABATTLEDONKEY

This statement would go ALOT further if you guys posted the major content updates in the PTS for any amount of time. I never even had a chance to test out the liberators weapons in the 3 days that it was in the PTS nonetheless get enough experience to provide adequate feedback.
    • Up x 1
  7. Sparrow

Here is an idea for a weekly test server event that could encourage more people to play on PTS, call it:

Let's play with the devs (or Tuesday Test Ops - for cool acronym)

1-2 hours, 3 publicly open platoons (one for each faction), lead by members of PS2 team. Specify date and time (suitable for both US and EU preferably) and I bet people will show up. Just like they did during the Operation Make Faster Game.
    • Up x 7
  8. barunedpat

I love this idea!
  9. kadney

Sometimes, but mostly it's deserted. Or you have to go there at 3 a.m. in the middle of the night. I would play there more often if there were more than 5 people around the entire server.
  10. Takoita

Remember the organized tests for MAX abilities? There were plenty of people then!
  11. Whitecid

This is what we need on the PTS! when i enter the pts to test out stuff, the only place to go is VR, couse the rest of the continets are dead. We need some proper action, mabye announce a special event, or a big patch beeing uppdated just for a specific date. This might get some action on the PTS and hopefully alot less bugs on live :D
  12. JorgeSarcos

Give this man a hug!
  13. ExarRazor

I think the reason the PTS is mostly empty is because SOE doesn't listen to the feedback anyway. people stopped going there because, whats the friggin point?
  14. Jump Jets

No Fights
    I have the test and would go and test stuff out but it's hard to actually test anything with out being able to fight.
    When you finally find a fight, you tend to find Outfit "scrims" where it is a non-written rule to not interfere, if you do then you get TK'ed.

Visability

Tons of players don't even know how or where to download the Test Client. More so players like me who aren't always Fourmsiding or Redditing tend to not think of it when playing. Now if in the Launcher one of the Ads was telling you the newest stuff on Test and a link to the Download I think you would get more Players inside.
    • Up x 4
  15. Wobberjockey

and who would decide who's feed back was worthy of being used?
    what criteria would there be?
    would you use KDR? KADR? KADR-Revives? game time? time in weapon system? what about those the weapon system would be used against?
    • Up x 1
  16. Ronin Oni

I appreciate the correction then... I had apparently never been killed by a spotted enemy :p
  17. Cirevam

I know RadarX is watching this thread since he crossposted it to Reddit. I hope he sees this great idea!

Maybe the community could nominate certain players. There's a lot of big Youtubers that focus on Planetside that would most likely make the list (hopefully for being objective instead of simply funny). It would also be good to get people from each server and each faction since game balance seems to vary a bit depending on the population balance.
  18. Wobberjockey

see that's the problem.

i regularly crawl the infiltrator boards, and i can list anumber of posters who aren't big you tubers who do have a good grasp on the class, and regularly submit balanced ideas.
    Plague rat, Mustarde, Tenebrae, etc. (i'd say myself, but i don't feel that i'm good enough or smart enough to be mentioned in that sort of company.) point here being that youtube does not automaticaly make you qualified to discuss game balance.

I know that each other area has respected members as well. Iridar up until recently for LA, i think WycliffSim is a pretty respected Lib pilot as well. and that's all i really know off the top of my head.
    these are examples of people who probably should be listened to over the rest of the community, should the devs decide to go that route

now, i'm not saying that Wrel shouldn't be included simply because he is a popular auraxian on youtube.
    i'm just saying that youtube shouldn't be the primary criteria. the quality of one's ideas and feedback should be.

but then again. you can't simply pick and choose the good players, because an inexperienced player's opinion can be just as valuable if not more so depending on what you are looking at

i'm trying to work an interesting acronym but getting nowhere
    T.T.L = Tuesday Test Luau?
    B.U.G H.U.N.T = Buggy, Unbalanced Game! Help Us Next Tuesday! ?
    C.R.A.S.H: Community Reaction And Stress-test Hoedown?
    T.T.K = Tuesday Test-server Kombat

i got nothing :(
  19. IamDH

This seems like an amazing idea.

1- Player incentives which can range from XP boosts or even an exclusive camo
    2- An option to download the PTS from the launcher
    3- Actually using the PTS for testing and listening to people....Pay attention to the bugs that made it through PTS
    4- Possibly trying to reduce the patch sizes (maybe releasing patches gradually?)

These are the points i saw in this thread.
  20. Sparrow

Decal or a camo would be awesome, imagine a situation: you spawn a galaxy with a big, nice, unique decal, everyone is jelly and starts asking how did you get it. You tell them that you spend X amount of time on PTS and if they want it too they have to go play on the PTS, thus making more people aware of the PTS.

Or a title: Higbys Little Helper :D
    • Up x 1