Why am I taking 5+ minutes to log into Briggs

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by MykeMichail, Mar 8, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HLM

[Update] Well, fancy that. I was actually able to log onto Briggs immediately. But then they go and break VR, so no, I actually wasn't able to look at the new stuff today.
  2. R4GING

and this is one of the reasons I quit Briggs.

server population is always on that 'low' level being another.

why bother with this low pop server when you can just let it die and, if it will even ever happen, wait for SOE to fix it then, hopefully your request to have your account on that other server you moved into to be moved into that 'fixed' server will be granted - or just keep playing on that other server.
  3. DerekAUS

Friday night, 10+ minute logins to Briggs. Anyone at SOE actually looking into this???
  4. RadarX

Folks I'm more than happy to ask someone take a look at this, however please provide specifics on what you are seeing.
    • Up x 1
  5. MykeMichail

Hey RadarX,

Presently the issue seems to have been resolved.

However, I'll describe what many of us were experiencing.

Basically, you get to the main character selection screen, click on your character, click play, and then wait for a very, very long time.

Most other servers will take you into the game in anywhere between 10 and 30 seconds, however Briggs was literally taking up to 10 minutes to get into the server.

I wasn't having the issue myself, but some people were reporting CTD's whilst waiting to log in as well. This might be an unrelated issue that just happens to happen whilst the game is waiting to log in.

It was happening before the maintenance tonight, but not after. It was also happening prior to the maintenance last night, but not after as well.

At the moment the delay seems to be normal (30 seconds to get into the server at most). So I'm hoping it stays that way for a while.
    • Up x 2
  6. FaLI3N

I was having this issue and it is as Myke described it, click to login to any character on Briggs around prime time and it would take as long as an hour on one occasion with multiple crashes to desktop with no error message after I'm assuming the login attempt timed out. Not sure if tonight's patch fixed it by some coincidence but would have to wait until prime time tomorrow to find out.

PS the invincible vehicle bug is still alive and kicking, had 2 separate invincible reavers. One was decent enough to dump it after having a laugh at it still being in the game with us, the other proceeded to completely wreck push after push against NC whilst rocketpodding us with impunity.
    • Up x 1
  7. KO-tic

okay RadarX I'll put it in points of what's exactly wrong

~This has been going on for at least 5 months now
    ~We click log in button and the circle keeps on spinning with no end (see HLM signature)
    ~sometimes it's insta log in
    ~Sometimes it's takes 5 mins
    ~Sometimes it's took me half an hour
    ~Prime time is not affected by this as even during prime time I was able to insta log in
    ~But in the middle of the night it took me 9 mins

FIX it fast SOE
    Many briggs players have left

TDLR we derserve a double exp weekend like EU
  8. E-Team Player

Huh. As if I didnt have any problems.
    Look at mine, I cant EVEN ENTER PS2 now.
    You see, after the Liberator patch have been released, I went in and open my PS2. But instead of getting the Patch updated, I could not enter into the game because it said file could not download. Please fix this SOE :(
    [IMG]
  9. E-Team Player

10. RipperTR

For a lot of us the ping on the US servers is too high, if Briggs was ever to be removed we would just quit the game entirely.
    • Up x 2
  11. Buddy

I have been having this problem occasionally. It appears to happen during the later hours in the evening to me. Sometimes, I can log right in and sometimes it takes forever, and does not log in at all. Basically, i just get the spinning wheel on the logging in screen as others have reported. I filed a ticket before, but they asked for all kinds of specific technical information, which I have not yet compiled. Since this is not specific to a particular computer (mine), perhaps it is not necessary.
    Also, I live in Japan, so Briggs is really the only server I can play on. If it goes dead, I will quit the game obviously.
  12. Kn1fey

RadarX it is still occuring this video shows what it is like

Basically you click login, it could take you 1min, 5mins, 15mins or an hour but the thing is I am on TeamSpeak talking to other people in my outfit when people do get in the game they all go in at the exact same time. So 1 person could have been waiting 15mins to get in, 1 person could be waiting 5 mins and 1 person could be waiting just 30 seconds but when we do get to log in all of us get in the game at the exact same time.
    • Up x 1
  13. Best AssassinAU

Log in times exceeding 10 minutes occur during primetime and are especially longer when alerts are on.
    Basically this for 20 minutes: http://i.imgur.com/ACPmGD9.gif
    • Up x 1
  14. Marked4Death

Hey Radar, some details of this issue:

What: Start launcher, updates at normal speed (if required) hit play, get to the character select screen at normal speed, choose a Briggs character and hit play, then this is where we wait. So the issue is when logging into a Briggs character at this point.

When this occurs, the game will often take over 5 minutes to login. After about 10 mins of failing to login, the game just closes itself. I assume this is an intended timeout behavior of the client. Sometimes I'll try to login, and wait the full duration for the client to close multiple times when trying to login.

Also when this occurs, if I give up on Briggs, logging in to mattherson or connery (or any other server I presume) is nearly instant. I never see any delays even close to this when logging in to those.

It's also worth noting that sometimes if I give up after waiting maybe 5 mins for a briggs login, then switch to connery and get in, I'll play on connery for about 5-10 mins then I get kicked from the game with an error that I mad multiple logins from the same account (obviously my earlier briggs attempt finally being processed). Please re-read this paragraph, I feel this may be a clue as to where these logins are queuing.

When: The issue occurs somewhat randomly. It occurs most frequently at prime time, during alerts between about 10pm and 1am EST (local time). I have also seen these very long logins during offpeak times (like 10am on a weekday) and sometimes during a primetime alert on saturday night things are fine.

Briggs has frequently had slow logins for some time now, since that earlier "fix" reported earlier in this thread. But logins have been much much worse in the last few weeks.

Where: Briggs only (note I have never tried an EU server, I know they had problems, but may not be related).

How: The issue is only triggered when trying to login to briggs. Once playing on Briggs, the long login does not correlate with any further lag. The issue is purely related to the login process (suspect authentication server or routing / load balancer to it).

Why: This is where we hope you can help..

Also note when we had this issue previously, Jessie (I think it was him, but someone from the SOE team) reported that they were able to login fine from the US. After trying a few times he said he did get a slow (5 minute) login. I'm reporting this as the issue may not be as sever when testing loggins from the US. If you are trying to troubleshoot and can test for yourselves with a VPN to AUS, that may help.

Also note: when this issue was bad, I tried creating a new character to test. I went through creating and naming the guy at normal speed, but when I hit play to login in with that char, it just waited and eventually timed out (client closed). When I got back in, the char had successfully created (was listed with the other characters) and when I could login in to him, I went in and did the tutorial as usual. This testing was on an alt account, so the speed of login is not related to specific accounts in any way.

Details for my case:
    Char name: ApeofDeath
    ISP: TPG
    Connection details: 16-26ms ping to Briggs, 16mbs download, 1mbs upload.
    Confirming issue is not related to flaky connection on my end, I benchmark the same speed test results during the issue and when it's fine.
    • Up x 3
  15. Raines

Let me put my hand up as also suffering from this issue, to the point where I've almost given up playing.

I live in Region Queensland, Australia.

I have characters on Waterson, Miller, and Briggs.

When and if I can get into Briggs, I have a ping that is 30-50ms, except for when it hitches and then it bottoms out. On Waterson, since I changed my connection I now average around 300ms, but use to run at over 1500ms.

Connecting to Waterson and Miller are relatively painless, I'm at the loading screen within 30sec and then a few moments after that I'm at the map. Briggs on the other hand... is a joke.

Sometimes the game will close while trying to log in, some times it will take 5+ minutes, sometimes it will be straight through. There is no rhyme or reason or discernible pattern to it.

Thus when I do decide to play, I've now taken to starting to log in and then doing something else while it thinks about logging in.

And to top it off, once you are in game, every few sessions it will disconnect in the middle of a fight for no apparent reason. I can stay connected to the US servers all day, but try to stay connected to Briggs for more then an hour or two is difficult.

Connection details: 16mbs download, 1mbs upload
    • Up x 2
  16. Blackinvictus

Playing from Japan.

Just spent 15 minutes in the Briggs log in que, finally just closed it in disgust. Happening off and on for the last 6 months.

Connected to Connery (only a slightly worse ping for me here) in seconds.

The AU/NZ and Oceanic folks are a hard core bunch of players, why give them the shaft for this long SOE?
    • Up x 1
  17. MykeMichail

Just spent about 5 minutes trying to log in. Then game CTD'd.

ISP: Internode, ADSL2+
    Region: Brisbane, QLD
    • Up x 1
  18. LuleNZ

Quite often, usually somewhere between 8 - 11 pm NZT I also find myself unable to login to Briggs.

Sequence.
    Start launcher -> Click Play -> game loads -> select character -> click play -> watch the little swirly thing -> game closes to desktop after 5 minutes or so.

If it does this twice in a row I generally just give up and do something else.

This does not happen all the time, more often I get in reasonably quickly but it does happen frequently enough to be quite annoying (most recent case was right before I wrote this).

I don't subscribe but a friend living in Australia who used to subscribe had the same problems as myself at the same times, he no longer subscribes but usually still gets the same login problems at the same times.

The problem seems more likely to occur during an alert (especially if I've crashed and am trying to get back in before the timer runs out).
    • Up x 1
  19. PresidentFreeman

Well I hope this didn't send the guy away thinking everything was solved, it certainly isn't right now.

I suppose we can keep bumping the thread until something is done, all we can do.
    • Up x 1
  20. MykeMichail

Yup.

It was resolved for a whole 6 hours.
    • Up x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.