Scheduled Maintenance March 13th 6 AM

Discussion in 'Official News and Announcements' started by RadarX, Mar 13, 2014.

1. DoubleBill

Once again, you shut down the server on the evening (in Europe)... You don't care european players !!!!!!!!
    • Up x 1
  2. Goldmonk

Seriously, has anyone else noticed TR weapons sound different? Am I the only one? Anyone? Radar? Lupreza? okay....
  3. Ravenorth

Dude, its just for few moments, so they can fix those game breaking bugs that some people are having.
  4. Xinos31

Unless after this 15 minutes they come out with a 2 Gb patch...
    • Up x 1
  5. Ghenko

I will admit, as a relatively new player, I was excited about the "killcam" when first reading the patch notes. But after reading the replies here, it is obvious that giving away the position of your killer is a bad idea. I think its fine for players who have been recently spotted, but players that have not yet been spotted should not have their position compromised like this. The rest of the death screen changes are great though. I hated the short duration of the old one. I don't think the load-out exposure is that horrible and it will help with the learning curve.

I am definitely more concerned about Libs now but often run as an AA HA so at least I will have more targets :p.
    • Up x 1
  6. JudgeNu

lol ffs usually they did it on Friday and yall cried about that, now its primetime on a Thursday? lol
    Its a quick hot fix.

lol 2g?.....ease up off the caffine
  7. TommyXXX

1. These features were on the test server but the TEST didnt do jack****. Somehow some dev decided to get then on live.
    2. Countless feedbacks over 80% stating the update is WRONG.
    3. There are no purpose of staying and paying if The devs dont listen to PLAYERS. Most of your main supporters: Experienced players, Aces, will leave.

4. WARNING for the SOE: Revoke this update ASAP, or suffer from old players/aces lost and profit drop. We are the customers, you need players for a game. No game will live IF THERE IS NO PLAYER. And No one wants an unbalanced game.

We paid to make this game better. NOT TO MAKE THIS GAME TRY TO GET RID OF US.

EDIT: Oh right, Devs dont read feedbacks. Seems like these arguments are wasted.
    • Up x 5
  8. Noktaj

Didn't read all the 20ish pages but wonder if anybody else have this

Ii I logged all my chars and none is getting the quiz. Am I doing something wrong? Are u getting the quiz? I'd take the free stuff anyday :D
  9. Deladin

This is a trash update.

Already libs are the defacto KDR/Cert whoring device in the game. All these supposed "great" players with high KDR's spend the vast majority of their time in libs, usually ignoring the flow of battle completely and just going wherever they can farm the most kills with less chance of dying, even if that means they have no friendly hexes in sight. Outfits like NNG are not good lib pilots, just an outfit full of KDR ******.

Now the lib is even more of a tool for these people. In an actual battle, and not in some scenario where a lib just rolls in unprepared and gets ***** by a tank, libs are beasts. The main cannons on a MBT where the ONLY protection from a tank buster/dalton combo. ESF's against libs are a joke, as with a week of practice anyone can swat esf's with daltons and they will just fly away and repair and come back for more. Remember this is supposed to be a ******* team game, and a solo lib should not (as it does over and over) turn the tide of a battle just because it's OP as ****.

And the death screen is just stupid. I mean, really? When did EA buy out SOE and start trying to churn out ******* BF games?
    • Up x 5
  10. Atenson

It never ceases to amaze me how many people play FPS/war games & then complain when they are forced to adapt their strategies or deal w/ changes they feel are un-fair. War & fairness are not synonyms. PS2 has never proclaimed to be about a great Solo Experience. 1/2 the people crying about how the game is catering to beginners & the other 1/2 crying about how Lib teams are now even more unstoppable.

Kill Cam: it takes 15 seconds minimum after death to respawn unless your target has a medic nearby. If your camping the same spot for 15 seconds, you deserve to die. If your target has a medic & you don't, it's time to squad up & find yourself a medic.

Lib Changes: Libs take at least 2 people to OP. It takes skill to fly them well, moderate skill to use their guns & a significant Cert investment. They should be hard to shoot down. If you cry about how Libs will now "rule the game," it's time to start a squad & learn to fly or buy a skyguard

Any group working together, whether it be a 3 man lib team, or a squad rocking a variety of anti infantry/tank/air should have an advantage over 20 solo players crying over their K/D.
  11. Aircool

THE SKY IS FALLING!!!

But at least you know from which direction the sky is falling from :D

Not bothered about the Lib buff... just more for me to shoot down in my Skyguard.

As for the kill-cam-mini-map... the direction cone is red, so I can't see it against a green background anyway.
  12. Skooma Lord

I did not see the class quiz show up anywhere on my characters that didn't take it already.
    • Up x 1
  13. Deladin

And you are mostly wrong friend.

The ceiling is 1000 meters. However on all continents except most of esamir, the actual ground level is within render range of the ceiling for many bases. There are places on Amerish and Indar where being at 1000 meters is only 4-500 meters from the actual ground. The difference between ceiling and dropping into render range for most of the land masses is marginal.
    • Up x 1
  14. ncDieseL

Untested features land on live server, massive bugs force the devs to patch and restart the live enviroment during a primetime alert for EU players.

WHEN WILL SOE LEARN?
    • Up x 1
  15. Eyeklops

The OP has been up for 12+ hours, yet only has 24 "likes." That's gotta be a new all time low for a patch note announcement. Pay attention Higby, I think people are pretty upset with you.

For reference, this was posted in regards to the death screen changes and it has 59 likes.

• Up x 4
  16. Asnari

Air gameplay is **** now please destroy tank gameplay Next!!! Thx -.-
    • Up x 1
  17. CCaSbS

To be honest, the death screen is great. One of the most popular players of Planetside 2 suggested it, and it works great with knowledge of the battlefield. You have to remember that you'll still have absolutely no clue where that guy is, and it's possible, and likely, that the enemy will MOVE afterwards. The ABSOLUTE WORST that the kill screen does is kill an infil who doesn't know how to be intelligent. God forbid tactics come into Planetside 2.
    *Sigh*
    I honestly don't think I've seen one patch note that hasn't gotten an absolute ton of negative feedback. Our community is blatantly ignorant. :L
    -CC
  18. Penguins

LIb was technically nerfed in its ability to fight other libs.
    Buffed in its survivability against EVERYTHING THAT TOOK SKILL TO KILL IT!!
    So yeah totally Pull your skyguard its the only thing that can kill us now.
  19. GoyoElGringo

lol you think PS2 is a military simulator? Wow. If you are looking for a simulator, check out Arma 3.
    • Up x 1
  20. CCaSbS

It's almost like you didn't read the patch notes. I mean, you do KNOW that it's just the direction, yeah? In most places in Planetside 2, there's always an equally good spot that you can get to from another. The game isn't hard. People like you just find something that you can complain about, and yet you never quit the game. You'll probably be here for the next patch notes too, I can imagine.
    Why are aspects like stealth, tactics, and flanking removed? It's not like you can come back to life where you died and kill the flanker. It's not like when you flank and kill someone, you're stuck there until they respawn and kill you. It's not like tactics have to be removed, as a matter of fact the devs are PUSHING tactics with this update. It can force some players, particularly infiltrators, to be more covert, and to NOT get spotted by anyone. All this update does is make careless sniping a bit more tedious. God forbid.
    -CC