Scheduled Maintenance March 13th 6 AM

Discussion in 'Official News and Announcements' started by RadarX, Mar 13, 2014.

1. ZeroErrorz

idk but really im against anything that make the game easier, if they want to it anyway, i say give the VR the place where EVERY BASIC TRAINING should be done the role of teaching them, instead of telling them the hard way, since most of the life combat will make them ragequit really quickly, while if the VR you can be teach to move cover to cover, running from simulated sniper fire,basic flying and all of those basic, no noobs gonna say its a "random" death since they know they are doing a mistake there.
    • Up x 2
  2. Cushty

This does not seem to have happened for me. Has anyone been able to pass the test on other characters? If yes, how did you do?

Thanks
  3. MarkAntony

It really doesn't. But run and gun players with their twitch aim won't mind.
  4. SuecoViacho

Now after the patch the ingame get SC page wont work :/ so soe could u plz let me give u my money??
  5. JohnSRice

Please not a kill cam. No kill cam was one of the things I liked best.
    • Up x 4
  6. SuecoViacho

Oh and i forgot HOW do i make the quiz for all my chars??
  7. SirJMD

"Station Cash prices have been added to Infantry Weapon optics."

First step towards pay-to-win.. major mistake SOE, major mistake!
    • Up x 3
  8. ddraig

There's been warnings pretty much every other time there has been a server shutdown. Given that it went well past the hour mark, we were all wondering if there was another hour to play, due to some daylight savings thing - then kerblam no more game.

It's not that big a deal - but it was a pretty rude way to deal with us.
  9. EvilMindedSquirrel

All these changes that are being made are said to be for the "new players".
    I started playing on February 07, 2014; barley a months. I would qualify myself as a new player.
    So far I am having a great time!

Yes, you will get shot as a new player, yes your KD will be far below everyone else.You are a noob, welcome to the game, you suck.
    Well guess what? IT IS SUPPOSED TO!

When you are the best at a game within a few days you will not want to play it anymore. You get bored. A gamer plays because of the challenge. We want to be better then the other players. But this takes time.
    When you get better you will feel the pride over how far you have come and how much more skilled you are at the game now.

Please SOE we do not want an easier game!
    We want a learning curve and we want to be come better with time. Time spend honing skills, not blindly trusting and following features. Planetside 2 is not a level playing field.
    Well guess what? It is not supposed to!

We want to feel powerless when you are a low level infantry and a group Tank rolls towards you. when you are defending a base and a sniper takes you at out of nowhere that is an awesome feeling; a little frustrating, but great to know that there a players out there with a level of skill that make a worthy opponent.
    We want to be part of something bigger; that is the great advantage of PS2 over the traditional 'area style' fps. We have huge maps, tanks, snipers, air support, max drops and so on.

Do not make your game too simple, you are not a simple game.

The death screen (in regards to location of your killer) change does NOT help new players. We do not want to to become yet-another generic shooter. It does NOT reward good game-play. It will NOT make more people join your game. It does NOT promote better gameplay.

Anything that aids all players in a equal but unfair way will only help the veteran players, as they are better at the game already. Creating features that actively counter skillful play, good tactics, and build on the that what makes Planetside 2 unique (like flanking and asymmetric warfare) do not show great respect for your game and understanding or your players. please do not cater to the loud voices that only scream 'nerf, nerf, nerf' they will not stay with your game for long.

I understand that you want to make your game easier to get into and it would be great to see more people online,
    Then find ways to promote learning.
    Better tactics, better strategy, better positional awareness, better teamwork make for a better game; not features that make all of this either redundant or obsolete.
    • Up x 1
  10. BigCrow

Hm, servers are already up? o_O strange
  11. GotBuds

Not a good update at all!

I wont even start on why buffing the Lib is a bad move, they were fine as they were.

The real problem: THE DARN ENGI TOOL DOESNT WORK. It equips fine and works fine in the VR, but appears to be equipped on the battle field but does not show in your hot key selection, and does not show as equipped......

Please fix this ASAP, how can you expect a fight to occur when no one can repair anything?

Was this the plan so that the newly Buffed LIBS can just have a farm day? Or was it designed to force everyone into the air?
  12. ZeroErrorz

pls tell me they CANCEL IT, JUST PLS DO
    • Up x 1
  13. PastalavistaBB

Please take the servers down before it's EU Prime Time. This patch broke so many abilities. Nanite Mesh Generator is locked on my VS Heavy. No problem on my NC Heavy though. Other people in my outfit said that the Grenade Bandolier for his LA is locked. Appearantly this patch broke random abilities for random classes for random people.
  14. SidCom

Death screen:
    IMO thats no problem at all. There is already a hitmarker that shows from which direction the bullet(s) came from.
    The new death screen is just a little helper for the slower and unexperienced player because they have more time now to study the death screen for that (and some more) information.
    Anyway, mostly in PS2 big scale fights take place... who cares where the deadly bullet came from, because in the next second after you are dead, most of the time your killer is also dead or he moved somewhere else.

Think its a good thing to support new players versus the vets and cheaters much more. When newbys get constantly killed at the beginning, thats no fun (at least for them). They will quit quickly (no paying customers for SOE) or they will use cheats (no paying customer anyway). If newbys are able to get a decent K/D (w/o cheats) i believe many will try harder.
    (Out of topic: increase the dead-revive timer again from 30 sec. to 1 min. That will save many newbys frustration)

LIB changes:
    i was wondering anyway how often an slow unguided rocket launcher/tankrounds with a massive bulletdrop can hit an moving, 200 meter away aircraft. I see HA's (friendlys/enemys) not even aimed 1 second, but hit that aircraft with a breathless accuracy. I dont know if this is for real... ( I tried hard, but mostly unsuccessful and i dont want to get an crap L2P comment on this!!!)
    My lockon anhi takes ages to aquire the target and does less damage.

Btw, i am not a newby. Almost played 1700 hours PS2. (VS only on Miller, if you know what that means:eek:)
    • Up x 1
  15. PlatoonLeaderG

I understand completely,and yeah it has more sense to give the player an all round training in VR.At least they have some training in VR when i started i was in indar exploring the map and trying to figure what to do.....anyway we both agree it makes the gameplay worse for us because of the new players(not blaming them,blaming SOE)
    • Up x 1
  16. RadarX

I won't say it went exactly like this, but yeah. There is a server status which is extremely accurate at the top of the forums. The servers do not come up any quicker if I throw out an estimate.
    • Up x 1
  17. AgentSpades

I feel bad for these developers, this is the only community that complains about updates happening too frequently to the game. Even if they may seem unbalanced at first on paper, seeing it in real genuine live game practice will truly tell it's repercussions to real game play vs random small scale/VR on the test server, after the first couple days you should come to a conclusion.
  18. Lazaruz

I see the ping is back to 900-3500ms... awesome.
  19. ZeroErrorz

hey radarx, i hope you guys in soe give us a proper OFFICIAL explanation for rushing the pts cycle of the LIB update, since really this just pissed off alot of us
  20. LasVain

I'm missing my High G airframe on my Liberator, I can't equip it, it's locked but doesn't give the option to unlock it, does this has anything to do with the new update? Can it be fixed? ><