The new voice packs..

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by KatieCross, Feb 27, 2014.

1. TheBloodEagle

True but in this case I think it really does sound like a different person. To me it's either a case of SOE throwing in a similar voice clip, as a fill-in, since they didn't have the appropriate one or the voice actor didn't use the same timbre for the Medic parts. The rest of the sound clips sound really consistent. It might be just me though.

It's the only thing stopping me from buying it. I'm a huge Starship Troopers fan, so being titled Roughneck is totally a sign.
  2. Wyll

I'd be happy to send SoE a series of clips with me doing a terrible male Austrian accent. If that is a no-go, I'd be happy to do a Canadian voice pack them:

"Everyone, be careful. I just threw a grenade!"
    • Up x 3
  3. Hoki

I don't know where to begin..

They took one voice actress and tried to make 4 different voice-packs with her by having her try to sound 4 different flavors of over-exaggerated cartoony voices.

Bad.

BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD

So yeah I realize voice actors cost money, but I don't think any of us want to sound like a goddamn cartoon.

Natural voices please. There aren't many women that can pull off "gruff", so unless you are willing to hire one of those few women, DON'T TRY TO FORCE GRUFF.

Also, don't even have a gruff/angry/witty pack. Just find voice actors with cool voices that we might actually want to sound like. It doesn't need to and shouldn't be themed. The actor shouldn't be restricted in emotions. Have each one do the best they can for their ONE voice pack.

Seriously just delete all of those new female voice packs from the game and start over. They use up valuable resources and nobody wants to sound like that.
    • Up x 2
  4. BioPhysics

For the VS I was hoping for an alien-ish voice, kind of like the Arbiter's (Halo) voice.

For the TR I was hoping for some hardened war veteran voice, something like Master Chief's (Halo) voice would have been cool.

For the NC I really wanted a southern (redneck/cowboy) accent, something like Private Jackson's (Saving Private Ryan) voice.

Also, I want a T-Ray voice pack.
    • Up x 1
  5. Regpuppy

All of the new voices have a really stressed medic call out. But yeah, roughneck and Grizzled are where it changes the most.
  6. Rift23

I feel like I'm listening to a bunch of RP'ers on proxy chat.
  7. TheBloodEagle

8. DJPenguin

I'm jealous. I'll be surprised if VS/NC get one which matches that level of awesomeness.
  9. Flamberge

Yes. Yes we are.
    • Up x 1
  10. Valor

Can anyone confirm that the TR daredevil pack is voiced by Patrick Seitz? Sounds exactly like him.
  11. FieldMarshall

Wth? Americans dont complain?...
    • Up x 1
  12. Boomotang

I'm Canadian. So no, I don't complain... ;) Hahaha! No, but complaining that new VO packs aren't regionally diverse in their accents is ridiculous. It's just finding something to complain about because you want to complain rather than checking out a new feature.
  13. Cowabunga

So typical European - Man you're so right with that remark. We, from the European country, always complain.... 'Merica.

Anyway in all honestly, having different countries represented with accents is a good and cool thing especially since TR was the "world government" on earth. That government probably came to life after Russia, China, America ect. all dissapeared in glorious darwinistic fashion. So it would be more realistic for the voices to have the accents of different nations and not just plain American.

I hope for a danish one. :p
    • Up x 1
  14. Winfield

The new NC females voicepacks are just extremely cheaply made, same VA in each one with different "settings"...which all sound bad.

I'll keep my wannabe littlegirl NC default voice, thanks. Unless you can actually make some decent ones, SOE.

EDIT1: (I really want a new voicepack, but I am NOT paying a single euro for the ones they gave us now)

EDIT2:

I agree with you on the voice acting part, there's absolutely zero feeling behind some of these voice actors. They need to borrow some of the Dawn of War 2 voice actors for a sec or something -.-
  15. Menthuss

Yup, that's Patrick Seitz alright. I'm pretty sure I heard Jamieson Price as well for the VS.
  16. AdmiralArcher

my sound callouts dont work at all, like the V menu things, i say them but i cant hear them being said even though everyone else can
  17. Boomotang

That's all fine and dandy. Suggesting it is a wonderful idea. The problem is the whine. If you can't figure out the difference..... :rolleyes:

And it's Canada. Get it right eh! :cool:
  18. eldarfalcongravtank

pretty much this^

the four voicepacks they gave us per faction are quite nice but they are too generic, in my view.
    not enough faction flavor...
    not enough emotions/vigor...
    not enough quality voice-acting...

i for one ended up buying one voicepack because i can't stand hearing the default VS male pedophile voice anymore. but i can't really say i am fully convinced by SoE's work on these voicepacks
  19. Degenatron

I really like the voice packs. I went with the NC "Grizzled". It definitely gives my character the feel I wanted from the beginning. They'll have to pull out something pretty amazing to make me change to a new voice now.

Hopefully, in the future when they have more variations on the voices, they'll take this first batch and roll them into the progression system, so that at Battle Ranks 20, 40, 60, 80, and 100 you unlock a new voice for your character. I think that would be great, but of course they'd need plenty of others to sell first.

To any dev that might see this, don't let the critics get you down! These are a great addition to the game. Keep up the great work guys. Some of us really appreciate what you do!
  20. TheBloodEagle

This is the most brilliant idea for character progression. When you start off the game you sound like a clean cut, loyalist, happy to be of service & very youthful. As you go up BRs, your voice becomes more "grizzled", chain smoker and veteran like and more calm overall (you don't sound as panicky) but you definitely sound angrier (I NEED SOME ******* AMMO!).