The new voice packs..

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by KatieCross, Feb 27, 2014.

1. JaL

The VS Roughnecks one is amazing. I'm laughing my *** off whenever i yell for medic.
  2. JaL

• Up x 1
  3. Kn4ck3br0d37

Haha "I'D APPRECIATE YOUR ASSISTANCE!" sounds hilarious on the VS Roughneck. Still, gotta' give him credit for trying to remain polite even though he's in the middle of a warzone.

I guess more unique voices would be good but I think the ones they came out with are good alternatives to the standard voices. If you're tired of sounding like a newly conscripted 17 year old as TR I could reccomend checking them out. Also did EVERY TR who bought a new pack get DD? I chose it myself because it's the one that sounds the most distressed when he calls for a medic or throws a grenade or what not becaus you know.. war is kind of stressful.

Also, from a lore standpoint, it kind of makes sense that they all speak more or less uniform english because if the earth was united hundreds of years ago, and they have been isolated on auraxis for hundreds of years, chances are they probably elected a standard language for the republic wich most likely was english and over time accents would start to dissapear.

Remember, American english is what english sounds like when a bunch of people from different countries adopt english as their new native tounge and keep speaking it generation after generation.

Also EU player here, so I don't say that out of feelings for 'MURICA!

I think people would like a super stereotypical Swedish accent. "Covver mej, eating meatballs med lingon, I mean relåding"
    • Up x 1
  4. WarpGuN

:D
    • Up x 1
  5. JaL

I just want an Arnie soundskin. GET DAAOOWWN.
  6. Meeka

I like the default NC female one the best; my character sounds like an 12 year old girl selling girl scout cookies at the end of a gun.
  7. Chella

Damnit guys there are 101 more important things to sort than voice packs.

People wanted some voice packs so that's what they got. Once the things essential to the game have been implemented and ironed out, I'm sure they will come back to add more variety to the voice packs for those of you who feel it will improve your gaming experience.

But unfortunately for you, it's not a priority for the devs or 99% of the rest of the player base.

The dev team have limited resources, but then are trying to complete an endless list of improvements and updates. These things take time.
    • Up x 1
  8. Regpuppy

I also remember them stating it could be an issue since not everyone has studio quality mics laying around for it. So the pickings would probably still be slim. Unless we have an exorbitant amount of people whom have access to a studio or studio level mic. :eek:

That's the biggest reason I've been wanting to switch to them! Though, none of these ones are pulling me to them right now. Grizzled is way over the top with certain callouts and the others are just sort of boring to me.
  9. DJPenguin

Rome 2 Total War. Romans have English accents. Some middle eastern Hellenic nations have English accents. English accents can be found in north african nations. The list goes on. Why? Cause It's a game by an English company The Creative Assembly. It's really not a big deal.

My only complaint is that too many of the voices can barely be heard even when out of combat. Important ones like calling out targets and asking for ammo cannot be heard when guns are going off. Others like Thank You and half the taunts are equally drowned out.
    • Up x 2
  10. Boomotang

I do. But I'm in Canada. I don't know anyone with a European action voice. A similar issue that SOE probably has, because making sure that all the nationalities are covered in the VO department is probably not a very high priority.

The point is, quit whining and make it happen if it means that much to you. But I'm guessing that the people whining about it get by just fine with other games having the exact same issue. They're just whining because they can. The devs add something new, but it's never enough for them.
    • Up x 3
  11. TheBloodEagle

They can always make more. This is the problem with the community. They introduce something and see how the community likes it and instead of people going "oh neat, I really like these. I hope some different ethnic tones come out too later", people go like "AJDOPAJDJAD WHAT THE HELL SOE, WHERE'S....".
    • Up x 4
  12. Giggily

VS Roughneck and the NC female one which sounds like someone who's been chain smoking for the past 500 years own insanely hard and I almost suffocated the first time I heard them from laughing so hard.

Very good change, now just have to fix the audio bug where voices stop playing so I can hear myself spamming V3 on Roughneck forever.
  13. TheBloodEagle

Can someone help confirm this with me though.

The TR Roughneck sounds great overall but the MEDIC type call outs sound like a different person. It doesn't have the same timbre as the rest of the sound clips.
  14. MostlyClueless

I'm loving the TR Female Gruff voice who sounds like a chain-smoking mom who's taking the kids out for a trip and is already completely tired of them.
    • Up x 1
  15. Boomotang

I bought that one. I can't remember if it sounds like the same person or not at the moment. But I do remember it sounding like screaming in pain, which makes sense haha. And having a different timbre doesn't necessarily mean that it sounds like a different person.
  16. Codex561

The point of any business is to make maximum profit. Voice packs are to, once again, extract money from players without spending a dime. Think of it as bad looking camo; it did not cost anything to produce, it sucks and yet people will buy it.
  17. Kn4ck3br0d37

It really does.

One of the reasons I chose the DD voice is that I felt it was the most consistent. I was clicking through the previews on the others and was like "ok.. good... neat... wait, was that another voice?"

I think both Grizzled and Roughneck has that problem. Can't remember Stalwart.

It really is one of those "THIS IS WHY WE CAN'T HAVE NICE THINGS!" type of deals.
  18. Kn4ck3br0d37

Kind of off topic but how in the nine hells did you get a restoration kit kill?
  19. Codex561

Well.... Lets say I ran out of ammo. :D
  20. miraculousmouse

i can understand the testostetone pumped females even though ive never tried a female character. doesnt make it another game whete people spend half of the time staring at video game butts in the loadout screen ( even though that wont stop a lot of people). the greenhorn lsounds like someone froma cartoon i used to watch asa n 8 year old like beyblade
    • Up x 1