Lower TTK

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by xDeGuerrex, Feb 24, 2014.

1. Brainlaag

Then you don't really care for the game. Ask any more serious shooter player how he feels about the gunplay in PS.
  2. Kallowe

I disagree whenever I flank someone my gun draws a perfect outline of their head; and they turn around and kill me. Sure you can do more damage, but you can also do very little. Admittedly I haven't played Counter Strike too much and it doesn't happen every time.
  3. xDeGuerrex

To all saying "he's a n00b, he has a low K/D, he want to be able to kill people, etc ...", well ... allez vous faire pendre !

To all taking the time to detail their answers, thanks.

With this post, i don't wanna put the light on K/D or so. Coz i simply don't care about K/D. I play support for my outfit, at the moment mainly medic. I cover when needed, and fight when needed. I'm BR 83, playing for more than one year, so i know about PS2's mechanics.

Is HA now as useful and resistant as it was before ? For me, no ... And, as a medic, i mainly play behind them pushing the front line. Interest of group play then ? I could take other classes for examples, but well, same problem. TTK is too low.

&
    True for weapon imbalances, but mixed with others' players's lag ... well ... I hate beeing killed when i took time to cover behind a wall, and see bullets go throught this wall.

If making TTK slower is SOE's answer to hide lag or hide weapon imbalance, so no. This can't be the answer to these matters.

Thanks for your answer. You said it all.

So i understand i gotta look to change my weapons, mainly automatics ones. what I didn't recently.

Maybe differents hitbox sizes would be another answer ? or different weapons multipliers ?

No. SOE lowered population capacity by server long ago. They'll have to raise it, when they'll be able to have better performances server side. Even if merge is needed then. PS2 was doing much better about this subject one year ago.

Couldn't say better...
  4. Brainlaag

It's not about their inability but what technology can achieve, while still remainig commercial. Hosting servers with this amount of players, with the little lag we have now and cool sidefeatures (vehicles, map size, debris, effects, "ballistics", etc), is already an amazing feat. Getting down to Rainbow Six values would be my dream but is simply NOT POSSIBLE.

Especially on company owned hosted servers, those that live closer to it have always an edge over those that have the bad luck of living far away from the nearest server.
  5. KnightCole

Good, I hate the games where its 1 shot headshots....

I wish this game would change it's headshot mechanics back to where NWA and shields protected from them. Also, lower headshot damage bonus to 25% instead of double damage.

Only give Sniper Rifles the ability to get double headshot damage.
  6. xDeGuerrex

They did achieve to reach this level of ability last year. Even a better one than now. They then choosed a wrong way in technology, adding too much details to graphics. That lead them to PU01 & PU02.

What do you mean by "getting down to Rainbow Six values" ?
  7. Brainlaag

Lol, I actually meant Infiltration, sorry about that. Modular damage. As in, hit a critical area of the body and you die, hit non-critical areas and you are handicapped depending on the injury. Fully working body armor, no more "it absorbs x amount of hits", or "increases your health by value y". Basically it removed the HP for players and added different "modules" for each part of the body, that acted accordingly to the speed, caliber and rest force of the bullet. Coupled with an AMAZING gun handling.

Hardly any other shooter was as satisfying as that one, especially since it completely stopped the instances in which you pumped a guy's foot full of led to have him drop dead. It was all about proper bullet placement. Red Orchestra has a similar but not as refined system.
  8. SenEvason

I disagree. I'd actually like the number of shots it takes to kill someone to be around 3-4. Of course, I come from playing GR:AW 2 where most weapons were 3 body shot kill, 1 headshot kills. However, since I know other people like longer TTK, I don't argue for it to be shorter. Having it where it is now is a good balance between the two, in my opinion.
  9. LT_Latency

Well this assume you can actually play the game. Anything takes a long time if you miss with every shot. In CS you should kill in one burst to the head.

This is more about what happens with faster time to kill and slower time to kill. Less about the actual games i was just using those as an example.
  10. LT_Latency

Are you going to come to a point any time soon??
  11. RaZz0R

we need to add med paks that we can apply with a quick button while still fighting like in PS1 - that would solve the TTK & shield issues. From PS1 - Med kits could be hit once every 5 seconds? so in a one on one fight you could hit one med pack in that fight. When you do is up to you but you only got time to hit one.
  12. MajiinBuu

Yes. We need extremely long TTK like on Halo. After all, I'm sure spandex is just as strong as MJOLNIR Armor...

Just kidding, TTK is fine
  13. Brainlaag

I made my point, if you don't see the faults in PS2's gunplay, you don't know what smooth mechanics are. Don't get me wrong, I don't want to offend you but I'd have to write a page long post to give you insight on what defines solid shooters. (Like hitboxes, player pos ping, weapon handling,sway, deadzones, character bobing, etc.)
  14. LT_Latency

It's fine. You can play within the set mechanics with a slow time to kill or fast time to kill. The game still functions fine. Any thing that affects you with a fast time to kill still affects you with a short time to kill.

FPS games are made to not be like counter strike anymore so the average player can have fun as well. You are not a bad ***. I played counter strike hard for 10 years. I know the differnce
  15. Brainlaag

No it doesn't. I'll give you a short example before I go offline, hopefully you'll understand my reasoning:

Low TTK scenario:

You need four bullets to drop an enemy, he's strafing and you fire at him but the server pings his hitboxs not exactly on his body, you miss a shot, while he scores all. You die, not due to your own fault but due to the game.

Same scenario with high TTK:

You need to score more hits and chances are that a few will miss, a few will go undetected but it doesn't matter since the amount you require to drop him is much higher in the first place and the overall chances both of you will miss some are much higher.

It's a simple number game. When are your chances to score bullseye higher? With 10 or 100 darts? The lower the TTK, the bigger the impact random factors outside the players influence have.
    • Up x 1
  16. LT_Latency

Who cares, You still take more damage and die if you miss some of your shoots because of lag. The end result is the same.

If I start shooting at the same time.

I shoot 10 shots and 3 miss because of lag.
    You shoot 10 shots and all hit.

I still die. Lag happenes in all games.
  17. Brainlaag

You are confusing lag with how the game handles data feed. I'll give you another example (duh):

CS pings the server position a 100 times per second. That means your position gets uploaded to other players nearly constantly (that is also the reason why ping over 100 is so notable on source based games and why the lag can frustrate you to death in that game). BF has a player ping of 10, 10 times a second. Now imagine that as a picture. Take pictures of a guy running past you with 10 hits a second a 100 respectively. Align them to one and you'll have a "constant" hitbox for 100 and gaps in between on 10. Those gaps cannot be mitigate and are a completely random factor, independent from your latency and performance. Ares with effectively no hitbox. In CQBs that random factor is very frustrating and even more so when you don't have time to react, aka a too low TTK.
  18. LT_Latency

It's not that bad for me. When I hit some with a single shot weapon they always go down. If it was a huge issue they should be missing alot and getting 0 damage with weapons not registering.

Counter strike always doesn't have slow travelling bullets. They are instant so the window to check is much smaller.
  19. AMARDA

Raise the TTK by about .1 to .15 on average. It would mean people can still get the drop on others and make Lag less of a factor. Most often I am stuck with the dead before I even blink due to Clientside hit detection.
  20. Zar

lol how did you let that happen did he have a medic right behind him using teamwork.... guess you should have brought a medic to a "TEAMWORK BASED SHOOTER" ... lol these run and gun Rambos make me laugh. thank you for being bad so i look good.