Consolidated CAMO: SC REFUND?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by FrontTowardEnemy, Feb 26, 2014.

1. Booface

Them rolling in the new camos is basically just a discount 3-for-1 deal. When you buy two somethings at the store and later it becomes buy-one-get-one-free, you do not get to demand a retroactive half off of all the things you've bought prior to that date. Prices change over time, and as a consumer you just deal with it.

When you bought the camo you had, you felt like a weapon/armor/vehicle combination was worth 30$ or 15$ or whatever it was you paid for it. Fair deal. Now, as the game has gotten a bit older and demand has tapered off, the price has essentially dropped. It's not that weird or unfair.
  2. RedDominion

3. Diodeone

People who are upset about it are the ones who don't want others to get a truck load of certs. They are likely the ones who play for free and buy everything with certs and not SC so they won't gain anything. However, SOE did refund people in certs when they bought the same weapon (i.e.: AA max) on different empires and then such weapons purchases were then consolidated. Therefore, based on past practices SOE will more than likely do the same and those upset others willl get 3000 cert windfalls for each of their characters because of the consolidation will just have to deal with the fact that they won't because they didn't buy anything to qualify for it plain and simple.
  4. Diodeone

I guess they were also clear about their intentions to give people the option to buy a non-studio item each month for 2000 SC until the player base forced them to retract to the old system of getting 500 SC per month to spend as they wish. Intentions are subject to change based on player input-as was the case with membership.
  5. Gustavo M

[IMG]

Yep.
    All I've got to say about this is how do they expect people to invest/spend money on their game if they don't give any benefit to their consumers.
    "Oh, but you don't get refunds like that IRL!". This is a videogame we are talking about, not a car delivery and/or food delivery service.
    "What is consumer rights", etc.
    • Up x 2
  6. LordMondando

IF you bought guns on three characters on the same empire across 3 different servers did SOE give you a cert bonus as recompense.

Yes, they did.

Functionally this is similar. Content was sold originally on being limited in scope, and so an informed purchasing behaviour if you wanted all three, was to buy all three. Scope is now being massively expanded to the point where that behaviour and its cost is redundant.

IF there is nothing its a case of treating similar cases differently, demonstrably so.
    • Up x 2
  7. Diodeone

I agree there won't be SC refunds. However, as in the past there will very likely be certa allotments for the loss. Why? Because that is exactly what happened when people bought common pool items before they were consolidated (i.e.: halberg, AA max, lib weapons, etc.) then people logged on and got a truck load of certs on ther toons for the loss.That isn't a refund because it's not SC for SC but it is compensation for the loss.
  8. Booface

But nothing was lost. At the time you bought the camos, you thought it was a fair price. Now that they are being bundled, their price has essentially dropped to a third (3 camos for 500 SC versus 3 camos for 1500 SC). That doesn't mean you lost anything. You still have the same camos, possibly more.
    • Up x 1
  9. Spadar

There was a massive uproar when they did that as well. SOE is pretty much in a lose-lose situation. Though at least this time people weren't aware of the details of the whole thing so they couldn't go out and buy tons of duplicate bundles in order to receive well over 100,000 certs. Either way people are going to complain, and I wouldn't be in the least bit surprised if SOE just ignores it and lets the whole thing blow over.
  10. WolfboyBravo

Some for of compensation would be nice, otherwise I have learnt a lesson and read SOE response as such;

"Please do not make future cash purchases."

This includes my subscription.
    • Up x 1
  11. Diodeone

You see no issue because you just don't want people to get thousands of certs when they log on and you get only a maximum of 48. Sorry that you didn't buy camos for armor, weapon and vehicle but since you didn't you don't qualify and you really have no say on what others should get back on what they invested into them.
    Also, what is proposed is not some new thing. SOE has already done a similar action with common pool intfantry and vehicle weapons when they consolidated them. People logged on and discovered they had 1000s of certs. Don't be surprised if that is what happens after this patch or on the next one. What you are proposing is SOE to retract from its previous policy of offering certs for consolidations which would not be consistent based on their past practices as a business.
  12. Diodeone

Same was true about the AA max I bought on more than one empire as my lib weapons and my halberg. And they refunded me certs. I don't see what you have to gain about arguing against other players who would qualify for a cert distribution based on SOE past practices other than you don't qualify yourself.
  13. WyrdHarper

But but if I buy part of something at a store/on sale for 1/3 of the price, the store will totally give me the other parts for free/give me 2 extras for free! People don't understand that a virtual market/ good where you are paying for use is different from a shop. Right now, bad PR is probably costing them more from existing customers than just giving out some camo vouchers/loyal customer camo or sometging. Buying goodwill would be only of benefit to them.
    • Up x 1
  14. Booface

I'm not trying to gain anything, that's the point. I don't understand the "customer is always right" attitude that seems to be in America, where you complain and complain regardless of logic or who is actually in the right and eventually somebody gives you something to appease you as if you were a small child. I find it demeaning.
  15. AzureKnight

I can see it as "You agreed to our terms of service, we don't owe you anything since you accepted". It's kinda like complaining that you bought a game, then it went on sale and therefore deserve your money back: It's not gonna happen and in the end it more or less is your fault for not having patience when logic dictates that prices would drop at some point.

I've bought camo, but I'm not gonna complain that I in essence spent more now than I will in the future. As long as I can keep using my Pink Heart guns without having to apply it completely to my character, I don't care about what they do to camo.
  16. Diodeone

The only people who like the idea of not giving anything in return for the consolidation are the ones who don't buy things with SC and buy everything with certs. People who bought AA maxes on more than one empire with certs got nothing when they were consolidated. I'm guessing some people against this current proposed cert distribution fall into same disgruntled camp.
  17. AzureKnight

I'd say it's more of a self-entitlement thing. "I deserve to be treated better because of X". In the case of online games and buying things in general, it's mainly "I'm a paying customer so i deserve to be treated better. And if you don't treat me well, I'll tell everyone how bad you are." And those in power in America, be it political or just are CEOs of a major company, they would do whatever they can to avoid bad PR generally... The company i work for, for example, pretty much give away items for free to customers if what the customer wants isn't available all to make sure they don't go to another place to shop.
  18. Diodeone

How can you try to gain anything when you didn't buy camo for weapon, vehicle and armor? You are, however, definitely trying to gain something though--that is you are trying to deny others who qualify the continuation of past policy to compensate users for consolidations with cert allotments. I'm sorry to disappoint you but that is something you are trying to gain then. To gain something you don't have to have compensatory relief, everyday people get injunctions to stop others doing somethign they don't want done and that is something then gained.
  19. Ulysees

It's been said by someone else before but I'll repeat it and the reason why those of us that bought all 3 sets of Camo's because we liked their aesthetics are upset is that we now find that people who just bought 1 of the trio now get the other 2 for free but people who bought the full set gain nothing.

I'm happy for them to say from now on you buy 1 camo set and get everything for free, those who bought stuff in the past we are sorry but them's the breaks and they also do NOT give the players who bought 1 camo set the complete set. I am not happy that people who bought 1 camo set are going to be given 2 extra camo's to compelte the set for free but those of us who paid station cash for all 3 get nothing except a lesson that SOE have great ideas (camo should have been sold this way from the start IMO given the costing it was put at) but really ****** implementation leading to PR megadisasters and a disgruntled playerbase who have actually supported the game with hard cash purchases, just the kind of people you probably least want to annoy.

I understand that you cannot get SC refunds but am happy to take my 500 certs per camo set as compensation when you are ready SOE and then I am a happy camper again.
    • Up x 3
  20. Drudid

I see a lot of people trying to justify this by saying "well you dont get retroactive sale discounts" and then making out that all thats happening is a consumer friendly decision to make camo cost 1/3rd the price from this point on,

This is incorrect as the people who payed LESS are the ones getting the retroactive deal, and the ones who payed more are getting shafted indirectly

For me this is a grey area of little/no gain as i bought 2/3 of a single set, so im 500sc down, but will gain 500sc in old terms when im given the 3/3

To put it in perspective this is not:
    x complains that 3 months later y bought the same thing cheaper

This is:
    x bought something at the same time y bought 1/3 of it, and now y is being arbitrarily awarded the extra 2/3rdsand x is getting no benefit despite increased purchase and brand loyalty

That is where the feelings of injustice are coming from, so every single one of you moaning at the unlucky sods who bought the mega bundles, because they arent being nice to soe and they are all entitled, maybe you should look at this from all sides, yes this is definitely a great thing for the casual camo buyer, and the new camo buyer alike, but it screws the old hardcore camo fiends... and in a capitalist society, the person who spent more money actually means more and has more importance.
    • Up x 2