I hate this crossbow and cloak

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by gh05t, Feb 16, 2014.

1. Tentakewls

It's probably a bug, if you cloak you need to slightly tap any direction key so you go into improved invisibility, otherwise you look like regular cloak. Check the forums for more info on that.
    • Up x 1
  2. K2k4

It's possible that this weapon is just TOO versatile.

You can't expect the first pistol to carry a scope to also be a OHK on headshot like a sniper rifle.

You can't expect it to also have capability to provide additional darts, or the ability to harm vehicles (albeit a weak ability in the grand scheme of things), in addition to having a scope and having the highest per-shot damage of any sidearm weapon. Lets throw in the fact that it also has a built in silencer (basically a cert discount) and the first straight pull bolt action also built in (yes you can re-chamber while still zoomed). Basically to cram all of this stuff into one nice weapon, there had to be concessions.

So Pros:
    + Highest per-shot weapon damage on a sidearm
    + automatically silenced
    + straight pull bolt action
    + Sensor dart attachment
    + laser sights on a 'ranged weapon'
    ++Scope!
    + explosive rounds?
    + basically a sniper rifle with the reticles of a regular gun and the reload time of a pistol
    ++ usable by any class (yes this is a GOOD thing)

and Cons:
    - not OHK
    -- tiny clip size
    -- super low ammo reserve.

I think this is an awesome weapon on paper. It'll get even crazier as people realize some of the crazy stuff you can do with it. No I am not an expert and I have not auraxiumed it, I may never, as it takes me months of trying to auraxium anything. I just think it's got so much potential.
    • Up x 1
  3. Hiding in VR

Are you sure this isn't just the new game behaviour? Because with this patch people are definitely shooting corners more. I know I am :)
  4. Skeith

combining the sniper class and the infiltrator class was a dumb idea since the beginning but since we are at it..

first of all we are not talking about the hunter cloak but the stalker,wich was supposed to give us the possibility to infiltrate inside an enemy base,and when it's gonna be fixed it should work fine

what this update lacks is giving us a meaningful role into this game, terminal hacking it's absolutely not comparable to the amount of disruption it could cause in the first planetside, before if a terminal was hacked only an equally skilled hacker could re-hack the terminal,when right now someone can just pick a non certed infiltrator and hack it back, and the ability to hack doors and mess with the enemy spawns was completely stripped.

quite honestly what's the purpose of the stalker if i have no reason to infiltrate?

If i want to hack the turrets i can just go with the hunter cloak and my smg

your sayng that killing in oneshot at 30 meters range with bolt action weapon its' gonna be op?

may i remind you that this game is not a dueling game and it's not call of duty? this game is balanced around long *** battles

if a lone unit that managed to sneak past countless enemy forces cant even even kill istantly an unaware foe then why would i pick over any other class?, or better why would i decide to grab the stalker when i can just kill peeps from 300+ range with my sniper rifle?

then again im not gonna rip my hair if the crossbow stay the way it is,at close range the commissioner or the Repeater is insanely better for close quarters,since the TTK of the commissioner is less than a single crossbow shot

we are probably going to get a stronger crossbow anyway since SOE alredy released the sneak peek about the empire specific crossbows, and i bet my balls that at least one of them will kill in one headshot at 30 meters, because everyone will instantly but what we should have got with this update.

can blame them SOE is genious moar money for them
  5. Shiaari

Those are all great points, but the OP is specifically complaining that the crossbow--a secondary weapon--is not a one-shot-kill that he can carry with his stalker cloak. My point is--all other utility or lack of it aside--that no class should have one-hit-kill capability along with a permanent cloak. That's overpowered.

I'm still not sure if the commissioner is a one-hit-kill with a headshot, and if it is then the OP has his one-hit-kill weapon with his stalker cloak, which invalidates his entire complaint to begin with. If that is indeed the case then keep it that way. I see no reason to be so petty, because commish is freaking loud, and fires relatively slowly.

It doesn't take a special amount of skill to sneak past people when you have what effectively is a permanent cloak. That's not skill. So, there is no special reward for you there. However, with an upgraded pistol you can head-shot/knife an unaware foe dead in an instant. That's enough for having a permanent cloak. You don't get a weapon that's a one-hit-kill inside 30 meters, you get a fast two-hit kill at melee. That carries with it substantially more risk.
  6. cruczi

- velocity
    + OHK versus infiltrators
  7. Tentakewls

Commi OHK infiltrators only
  8. salembeats

I think it's interesting that you didn't note:

- lowest projectile velocity in the game
    - worst projectile sag in the game
  9. Shiaari

Well then it looks like pistol/knife combos for stalkers then. Can't say I'm saddened by that.
  10. Skeith

it doesnt require skill to use the cloak?, dude have you ever played infiltrator once in this game?

tell me one game that has or includes a stealth mechanic that has even half of the drawbacks that the cloak has right now

cant shoot when it's active

the cloak is Very visible unless you are standing completely still

shields do not recharge when cloaked

medikits stop working when we are cloaked

cloaking and decloaking produces a loud noise that can be heard past 270 meters(im not making this up,that's actually the distance from where you can hear the noise)

and there is an hard counter to that and it's called darklight,no other class ability in the game has a direct hard counter.

so no working your *** inside the enemy base without getting detected it's not easy you have to be careful because unless your standing completely still the enemy will notice you

i still need my explaination about how in this particular game this is going to be overpowered

infiltrator kill foes past 300 meters all the day undetected, they can cloak line the shot decloak and kill their target and then moving to the next one

stalkertrators have to risk their own life to get into close range and even lose their oneshot kill potential,and even if they had it any player that is not deaf will hear your decloak noise and react.

Why would i pick the infiltrator or at the very list the stalkertrators if the only thing i can do is killing unaware foes?,something that i can do just fine with my sniper rifle with all the safety in the world?

if infiltrators had the utility the had in the first planetside then be my guest,but since they dont i see no purpose in not giving them instant takedown potential to unware foes.

This is never going to be overpowered because there are alredy plenty of counters to the cloak,and you can spot a cloaked infiltrator with ease without the use of darklight.

but hey let's leave in the dirt the less played and less point profitable class in the game since launch some more clearly they deserve to stay there and it would been a shame if an outfit actually started to use them.
  11. K2k4

Touche! That is indeed a drawback, even though minor since it's effective ranges do not require much for precision distance shots.

But I also forgot this pro, partially because the ++ by scopes already kind of covers this
    +no sway in 4x and under scopes available for this gun
  12. volth

They should do so you can use smg's with stalker cloak, but not sniper rifles. Stalker isnt worth it when you cant use your primary weapon. The bow isnt a primary weapon and have a very slow fire rate. As a infiltrator you going to hack alot and then you need to be able to fire your weapon fast if someone sneak up on you. Recharge rate on the stalker cloak is bad too, you need to take a paus or run without cloak when you shall sneak inside a base.
  13. OldMaster80

Why not an atom bomb? Soon or later an implant or a consumable will make us undetectable to radars. And they will also fix the cloaking shader that right now is not updating correctly. That day according tor your suggestion we will have full invisible and undetectable people running around with SMG.
    The Stalker Cloaking is not meant to be a tool to farm kills. If that's your objective then stick to Hunter or NAC. Stalker is meant to be used for other stuff.
  14. Shiaari

Yep. All the time. And it's easy. Cake. Sorry to disappoint you. I'm glad you have an over-inflated sense of skill, but in every game the stealth class is one of the easiest to play.

Stalker infiltrators aren't there to kill. Unfortunately they don't really have much of a role, but to be a nuisance. Why do you think I won't be certing the Stalker cloak?

Infiltrators aren't played much not because they're difficult, but because unfortunately they're very one dimensional right now. What they need are more things to hack, and a game that provides them with greater utility. It has nothing to do with difficulty.

We'll see what happens when the new ESSRs come out.
  15. Skeith

try to sneak inside a fully crowded tech plant up to the turrets, then youll see how easy is to use the cloak,considering that you are extremely visible unless you are in deep cloak

and even that,that's your opinion and without some facts to back it up, it's not worth a lot no offence.

Stalker infiltrators are pretty much worthless right now,i pick one when im lazy and i want to troll some guy,but that's about it.
  16. Eltirion

cloak is good but there is no use for it right now . No primary wep sux , but there is a xbow tht cant kill someone with one shot from 30 m (head shot) using a piston is not to bad its good you can have fun with it you can try to ghost cap but that is it . I personally love the cloak mechanic but there is o real use of the xbow-cloak-pistol combo unless you like to harass them ghost cap and even then they have a dark light flashlight so they can find you without any trouble .
  17. ZerkerManiac

Stalker cloak with anything that ONE shots and enemy is unbalanced.

Ask yourself honestly. You want to be invisible (ADVANTAGE) and kill him in 1 shot (ADVANTAGE) then disappear and repeat ten feet from your original position. Man you guys are just lazy.
    • Up x 1
  18. Skeith

considering that i can do that just fine from 300+ meters yes, Stalker infiltrators have no use in this game, their kill potential is hindered and their utility is zero,if the crossbow was able to kill you in one shot im pretty sure that no outfit will use them anyway,because if killing is what you want you dont grab a stalkertrator,actually you dont grab it no matter what your purpose is.
  19. Dragonblood

Haven't played since the last patch. I wonder how my full automatic Inquisitor works with the stalker cloak.
  20. DocteurVK

The cloak is still bugged, sometimes it will not cloak well and your helmet and weapon can be visible. Also, Scout / Proxy radars can still detect you een when not moving, so randomly shooting in direction of a dot on your minimap can give you a kill even if the infi is well hidden and cloaked.

Last : Sometimes, they just saw you but didn't have the opportunity to shoot before...