[Suggestion] The Ultimate Thread Dedicated to Refurbishing TR as a Faction

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by EliteEskimo, May 3, 2013.

1. EliteEskimo

Some non unique weapons are fine, for example the decimator, however having the majority of your arsenal non unique makes for boring gameplay and an uninteresting faction. The Magrider's Magburner is more fun and interesting than being locked into place, the Vanguard's shield is a mobile ability that allows you to escape, rush an enemy, win a close fight. or survive situations you absolutely should not have. Both the Magrider's ability and the Vanguards ability also mesh with the positive traits nicely too. Vanguard has extra armor and it gets a shield which maximizes the durability of the tank for 8 seconds. The Magrider is the most mobile a tank and it gets an ability to increase this mobility for a short duration of time (It could stand to be increased in duration or be made Omni-directional though). The Prowler is the fastest most mobile tank, but it gets an ability than makes it slow down to a complete halt, then deploy which takes more time, and then once it needs to undeploy there is fairly long undeploy time.

The Striker is pretty underwhelming now, and many people consider it outclassed by the Annihilator which other factions have access too so I'm not sure why you're even bringing it up.
    • Up x 1
  2. Keiichi25

You are misreading the intention...

This is similar to the issue that happened with the Dual Cycler and Pounder MAX where the Dual Cycler was made into being the AV and the Pounder being the AI. In the case for the MAX, where the Dual Cycler had two issues as being an AV MAX, they tried to up its AV ability, but its damage was pretty much a joke, especially so when it relied on the Lockdown to help increase its damage and its output was still ridiculously low for AV. And it STILL excelled in mowing down infantry much more reliably with less grief.

The Pounder was literally ineffective when doing close in fighting because as soon as enemy MAX armors got close, the pounder was more likely to do damage to itself and get grief hitting friendlies with the AOE.

Now with this pointed out... The problem I see here is the simple fact the Vulcan is setup to work like the Dual Cycler, and the biggest complaint along with it is its ability to pepper infantry even with its lowered AI damage and crappy COF.

This is NOT the way to go.

What should have been done is leave the Vulcan as it was, drop the AV component to being light so it is a nuisance, and have the Vulcan work like the AI Weapon. With that, boost the round capacity so it is a better version than what the MCG is (IE: the MCG standard is 100 rounds of spam... the Vulcan should be different from the M12 AI gun,

The Marauder should be made from an AI spamming grenade launcher to an AV Spamming Mortar system. The Marauder buggy weapon was a Mortar and the 12mm was the AI support weapon it, which leads me to believe the intention of the Mortar was to be 'AV' in the original Planetside. Given the Enforcer M is the AV weapon, so should the Marauder be a better mortar AV weapon so it is not the same as the Fury or the Bulldog, which in my opinion, that is what it is acting like right now, and be more effective against armor with improved range.

That is what I have pointed out time and time again.

And mind you, in the original Planetside, they did revert the DC and Pounder back to their original roles where the Dual Cycler was the AI MAX and the Pounder was actually 'buffed' to fire further (Because back in beta, the pounder's range was pretty crappy that you had to arc your shots a lot and much harder to work with than their final iteration of it)

I have a feeling that this was one of those lessons forgotten with the TR hardware.
  3. GoEErs

Thanks. Just wondered what others thought. Much obliged.
  4. Bregic

The point of this comparison (which was brief and I probably should have fleshed it out more) was to compare the enforcer to the halberd. The Enforcer fires at 60 RPM meaning it fires a 500 damage missile every second meaning it can deal its 5000 damage per mag it 10 seconds before preforming a 3 second reload. The halberd fires one 1000 dmg round and then preforms a 3.5 second reload. This means over a one minute period of sustained fire from each weapon the enforcer will have fired 48 rounds for a total of 24000 damage wile the halberd will have dealt 17000 damage. The enforcer is arguably more accurate then the halberd because of faster projectiles causing less drop and easier leading of the target.

Enforcer is just better then the halberd in every way however the halberd is what TR is stuck with because it is the only weapon that is reliable at all ranges.

The Vulcan does theoretically do the most dmg per second because it can empty its 4900 damage mag in 2.25 seconds however it is ineffective out of close range engagements which are the least common engagement for tanks. I want to see the Vulcan revamped by making it weaker in dmg per second but more accurate so it can be used at longer range without being too strong. If you simply half the damage of its bullets but increase its mag size it now does the same 4900 damage per mag but over a 4.5 second period. I think a change like this would not only make the weapon more competitive wile toning down it's close range dominance and making it less effective vs infantry but it will also make it more TR and a hell of a lot of fun to use. (Who doesn't want to spray a continues stream of lead. The final stats on any weapon are always a bit finicky and hard to get right the rough numbers I came up with that I believe would be around balanced are as followed:

• 100 round mag
    • 49.2 damage per round
    • the same 800 RPM
    • and of course heavily increased accuracy.

This will tone it down its mag empty speed to 7.5 seconds still giving it a good DPS at close range however no were near its Godly dps it had before, wile the bullet damage decay over range will make it not as effective at long ranges as the enforcer but still competent enough that it can at least contribute.
  5. TheRunDown

I passionately HATE TR Empire Specific abilities and Weapons.
    They cause our Empire to Camp all the time, and so many TR still insist on using the Striker as a AA weapon so no one pulls AA MAXs any more and TR end up getting Farmed by ESFs.

Our MAX Anchor mode is useless, if anyone here has actually played PanetSide 1, the Devs gave TR OverDrive because Anchor mode failed VERY HARD! It's not about where you use it, it fails because in practical every day use, Latency Vs Static Targets don't MIX..

Just putting this out here, all ES Abilities reflect one another, i,e MAX and MBT.. If VS were supposed to have ZOD then in all rights, WOULDN'T THE MAG ALSO HAVE IT?

Absolute BS, Over Drive is TRs.. It should be on our Tanks and our MAXs..

Though when I say Over Drive, I mean the Over Drive from PlanetSide 1, where it just buffed ROF to our MAXs.

(Best Video I could find, Trying to find PlanetSide 1 footage these days is like trying to find a Needle in outer space..)
    Please also note, that Video seems to be based on a very early version of OverDrive, I don't remember it having Run Speed on release..

I also believe that VS ES Ability should have been "Damage" OVERCHARGE anyway, to match their Charge system.
    Making their damage output higher Per shot and not ROF..
    Making VS MAXs on the same or better damage level as Scatter MAXs and Onslaughts.

But it's too late, NOTHING WILL CHANGE, and I HATE/LOVE this game for many reasons, and there's nothing better to play, or every other game is fuelled by Cheaters..
  6. Drakatth

Did anything change since this was posted?
  7. Takoita

Besides Vulan/Marauder/Striker getting the nerfbat? I can't remember anything TR-specific off the top of my head.
    • Up x 1
  8. Santondouah

I'm totally fine with damage per minute, just saying damage per magazine makes no sense. "Halberd has 1350 damage per magazine, sucks"
  9. Ketadine

Yeah ... have you seen this ?

"VS and NC get genuinely different armours, TR get rehashed composite armour" (for the Infiltrator) because we got a hat for some fictional TR holiday :)
  10. Ketadine

This is the biggest issue the TR has, the side to side recoil. When the flinch was still strong, the TR weapons were nerfed, increasing their side to side recoil so that the enemy would have a chance to fight back. When the flinch was towed down significantly, the TR weapons remained the same. With the new PU, this became more and more evident.

One more thing I would like to note: this thread was made in May, last year. Since then I don't think I saw one SOE post acknowledging or commenting on the issue. I'm seriously starting to think they don't care, one way or the other, about TR as a whole. Sure, the NC and VS have their own issues, but at least their weapons have some cool mechanics and sounds, while TR are bland, just so very bland !
    • Up x 1
  11. EliteEskimo

That was a pretty big disgrace, but it does give me just one more example of why TR need an overhaul. If we contiune to get really crappy things like that then when the community states we need refurbishment the logic and evidence behind it will be so blatantly obvious that people will be like :eek:. Of course for some people it already has gotten to that point of ridiculousness. Hopefully Higby will see this constructive and popular thread soon, and after all the developers love good feedback right from a thread like this right?
  12. Metallic123

NS-11 and the NS-15
  13. Bregic

2 things
    1: I just realized my numbers were off since I was looking at an out dated wiki page and will fix them
    2: the reason why damage per mag in important is because in a close range tank fight you wont really survive that long, This means that whoever can do the most amount of damage in the least amount of time has an advantage. Reloading during a fight means you are not doing damage. Close range fights are all about out bursting your opponent and a weapon with high damage per mag is great for bursting down a enemy because you can most likely kill them before you have to reload.
  14. PlatoonLeaderG

I logged in Mattherson TR around 11:00 in the morning today.I saw we had 12% pop on Amerish ,10% pop on Esamir and 26% pop on Indar.......i logged off GG today
  15. Bregic

The Vulcan has 60 rounds in a mag each doing 164 damage so that means it does 9840 damage in 4.5 seconds at point blank range. I thought my numbers seamed a bit off because I knew a Vulcan shredded at close range. At max range in does 125 damge a shot lowering its damage to 7500 in 4.5 seconds. This is the main reason the Vulcan was nurfed to be less accurate because it was doing more dps then any other secondary weapon at mid and close range. However I believe that this weapon should not be a close range burst weapon. That is not TR. TR is supposed to be about long sustained accurate fire of lower damage projectiles. 4.5 seconds of fire is not really what I call sustained fire. The Vulcan now is too unreliable but was too strong before. In my opinion it still is a bit stronger then it should be at close range. Lowering the damage per shot but increasing the mag size and accuracy will make it a weaker weapon then it was pre nurf and it will make it more reliable and just fun to use.
    • Up x 2
  16. bubbacon

Well, we have alot of problems mainly from UP small arms(horizontal drift) and Empire Specific weaponry(MCG,Striker,Fractures,Vulcan); however, Lock Down with regards to MAXes is one of the strongest abilities in game.

Yes, its risky...but I dare anyone who has maxed Lock Down on their MAX with dual Bursters and max Flak armor to say this isnt the most formidable sky clearing badass in game. Many ppl hate this ability before they have put the time in to max out the certs. All I'm saying is that first one needs to fully cert your toons abilities before we think its UP.
  17. bubbacon

make a TR toon on Connery sir...you may actually have fun again.
  18. PlatoonLeaderG

I laugh at any TR using our ES abilities and weapons,NS is similiar but better(why use them?)
  19. PlatoonLeaderG

I dont want to start over,I already certed my mossie,my prowler,lighting got anything i wanted.I hate to start over(especially because i m not playing everyday-it will take 8 months again)
  20. EliteEskimo

The Vulcan definitely needs to be a medium range weapon if the developers expect people to actually stay in it rather than being totally useless the majority of the time and getting no XP. The Vulcan on the Harasser was OP because the Harasser was so OP it allowed the Harasser to get into the optimal suicidal range the Vulcan was deadly at and then escape. The Prowler could never do that to the extent the Harasser could and now that the Harasser and Vulcan got nerfed I don't know how many people even still use the Vulcan on the Harasser. The developers overlooked that the Prowler and Harasser version performed differently so the Prowler's Vulcan caught in the crossfire by mistake, although why they haven't fixed their mistake is frustrating, because the threads complaining about the Vulcan were almost entirely if not entirely about the Harasser version.
    • Up x 2