WOODMAN VS(KOTV)

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Kunavi, Feb 19, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DJStacy

What you mean to tell me this really isn't real, of coarse it is :)
  2. Wezdor

That is the problem. I AM VS and what you are doing ruins a whole continent for me. If i were TR or NC and had access to my trusty Magrider, rest assured your outfit wouldn't be having such a jolly zergfest all the time.

News flash, this isn't war and you can't "win" planetside. The whole point of a GAME is to have FUN. That is the core purpose of one. Not to be a jerk to everyone else and think you're actually contributing.

I bet you (will) never let your kids beat you in any sport or game because those are played to win and god forbid your kids have any fun.
    • Up x 1
  3. maxkeiser

Nope. Wrong again. The alerts set clear objectives to be 'won' within a set time. You can win or lose. Just like a game of tennis, chess or anything else.

As far as alerts are concerned the aim is to win. And when continental lattice is in, the aim will be to win continents.
  4. Simferion

When I read this kind of topics, I always laugh out loudly :rolleyes:

Always blaming an outfit because they are playing the game RIGHT because of some distorted idea of sportmanship or perverted concept of own fun.

And , before some of you can tell me I'm in love with KOTV, I tell you a little secret: I don't like them, their leader(s) and what they do.
    But I cannot simply blame them because they are playing the game as it is.

The game has currently 3 problems:
    1) it encourages zerging, giving it an advantage without any form of drawbacks.
    2) The XP and resource systems are not oriented towards a Bash the leader mentality but towards a Kick the underdog one
    3) The Alert system is twofold broken: it introduces a win/lose mentality (totally stranger to a sandbox game) as Maxkeiser told before; moreover it doesn't encourage to participate unless you are winning, because you don't get experience if you don't reach the objectives.

So, instead of blaming the KOTV, blame the awful state of game balance and the awful choices of game design.
    • Up x 3
  5. Wezdor

Yeah, there are a ton of people who ignore alerts now, partially because of KOTV. Not sure that's something to be proud of, but i'll agree that alerts are meant to be won.

I'm talking about the situation outside alerts, though. KOTV is using the same tactic of zerging no matter the situation or its needs.
    That is what bothers most people. Ruining good fights, even outside alerts.

And as soon as we get vehicle hacking, i'll pop a magrider over to the TR or NC and farm me some maaad certs off of KOTVs spam'n'wait zergs. It's gonna be legendary.

Agreed on all points, but i'll still partially blame KOTV for it's god awful leadership :)
  6. Simferion

You are better qualified than me to judge that. And emotionally I can empathize with all the people who are complaining about this situation, because I understand their frustration and the reasons who can have them to blame the KOTV.
    But from a ration POV, they are wrong and the KOTV are right to play as they want.
    • Up x 1
  7. Nintyuk

Your using the wrong avatar.
  8. Wezdor

They have all the right to do what they are doing, but the fact is, what they are doing is putting them on everyone's bad side. The TR and NC either get zerged or are forced to zerg themselves and on the VS side we either have KOTV zerging one of the balanced fights that was slowly being won anyway, or being left to defend in 1:4 odds against the enemy due to KOTV moving all the people.

I can manage all of this just fine, as i can take on a whole zerg with my tank with no problem, but other players that aren't as skilled have a really, really bad time.

TL;DR: If KOTV's leadership just cut down on the zerging a little bit, causing the fights they get involved in to be close to 40:60 or 60:40, noone would mind them and they could still win all the alerts. Just stop with the 5:1 bullcrap
    • Up x 1
  9. SilentGuns

That is a common misconception held by casuals. Actually victory is achieved when you are the last man (or group) standing ( everyone else ragequits ). To better understand what I mean by all of this, play the survival game Rust.
  10. Simferion

I feel your pain :)
    But again we should point the finger against the problems I stated before.

What if:
    1) zerging is punished by a resource or XPs system?
    2) you get more XPs fighting the overpopulated faction, while keeping the bare minimum if fighting an underpopped one?
    3) the Alert system becomes more oriented to the fighting than to the end, so while you stay online you get XPs, there's no Conquest end, but only the timed one, when you get a reduced XP prize?
  11. Wezdor

To be honest, the devs have it figured out quite well. The resource + missions + base XP revamps that are due this year will have a severe impact on zergs and their ability to sustain themselves and be competitive, XP wise. We just have to wait....

You mean SatoTR? He is a jerk too, all he does is take it out on unsuspecting noobs at enemies warp gates but complains when a skilled pilot actually kills him. Than he claims he is so damn good. I mean, he is, but he's still a bully to the poor noobs.

And you have no right even implying i'm a casual. Seeing as i'm most likely the best Magrider pilot on this server, i think it goes to say i'm uncasual enough, don't you?
  12. Pie Chasm

I made the mistake of once joining their outfit.

Their poor members are forced to stand around most of the time and often they get chastised when their battle-inexperienced leaders get stomped.

It's really sad...
  13. ChickenCurrys

[IMG]
  14. Wezdor

Care to argue that's not true? I'll gladly prove my skills, if needed.
  15. vsae

Sato like any other top pilot is camping warpgates for one simple reason, the rest of the map is filled with lockon noobs and ****loads of flak. It is literally the only place to have fun dogfights on the map.
    • Up x 2
  16. Hiding in VR

This ^

Sad that it needs saying :(
  17. NightmareP69

I play NC on woodman and usully NC are the ones with the higher population on that server, however it seems the NC IQ level on woodman is that of a brick, iv'e seen them lose fights where they had up to 80% pop in a hex, NC on Woodman are the biggest embarrassment i have ever seen in Planetside 2, i thought Ceres VS were the worst but it has to be NC woodman who are, they can't even capture a base when they are stupidly over populated and than they complain about KOTV all day.
  18. vsae

Can I just say, stop playing the objective! You wont have these ridiculous issues with zergs, pick your fights, get there and kill your opponents. I've been doing that for almost a year and even though I sometimes participated in alerts I never felt an urge to uninstall the game because someone with brains thought it would be cool to create a megazerg outfit and take away MUH ALERT POINTZ.
    Why do people brag about alerts so much anyways? Do you know you can get triple the amount of certs of dominating victory if you just play the alert elsewhere with slight disadvantageous pop to you? Why bother with these idiotic objectives that just force lots of casuals together to get farmed by the zerg?

Erase your brain of the objective bull, play for your own fun.
  19. IamDH

I wear armor IRL while playing, because MLG
  20. Wezdor

This is unfortunately all too true. Sky ceiling needs to be raised by 200m for all aircraft, at the least.
    I would say 1km, but that would cause issues with galaxies on sky ceiling being undrendered and untouchable and raining down troops.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.