Server Downtime for Patch February 20, 2014 6 AM PT (3 PM CET)

Discussion in 'Official News and Announcements' started by Luperza, Feb 19, 2014.

1. SilentDrone

Thank you
  2. VHobel

Pls don't cry over you 10 single use camos.
    • Up x 3
  3. Rancoollie

To Add: Servers aren't down a lot either, this happens primarily after large updates and is due to unpredictable circumstances and or possible mistakes (Everybody makes them). Despite the vast majority of people's posts on this thread, SOE does in fact do it's best to resolve issues in a timely manner.
    • Up x 3
  4. VakarisJ

All servers run the same software. The issue must be hardware -- blame ProSieben.
    • Up x 1
  5. salembeats

Yep. Totally agree.

I've been sitting around listening to e-books, sipping my coffee, playing with my daughter, etc. At 9PM PT, I should be able to play the game if the developers say that it will be ready before that time. Hence... "up to" rather than "around" 3 hours.
  6. LoulouLePoux

Be prepared for the server coming back (if the come back :D)

7. Snitsel

or a fleshlight
    • Up x 2
  8. ncDieseL

The single use camos aren't great, but the rest of the rewards I really like. I unlocked the black PDW last week (although I already had the white one).

I actually want the rewards, as flawed as the actual system might be. Stop being so ungrateful.
    • Up x 2
  9. Clay

One more of the "you have to swallow everything because its f2p and deal with it you peasant" guys... someone wrote a really good answer a couple of days ago for a similar post. Was something about even if its f2p the players are customers, and even the non paying players are needed for a succeeding game. The people get mad because they probably arrange their freetime after work to be able to play their favorite game, just to sit in front of their computer and wait, and I think thats totally okay to be mad about.
    • Up x 1
  10. faykid

aaaaaaand its 5 hours. i was hoping, but oh well. minecraft here i come, my dear time filler
  11. Corporate Thug

After playing for over a year I have used that AI turret maybe twice. I do use the AV turret for cover occasionally but I don't like camping, I more actively go seek people to kill, where my turret means nothing. Now the infinite ammo can be considered an advantage but the class is played by me for more head up fights and to help improve my twitch aiming etc. You can argue that the high ROF carbines negate the abilities of other classes because it does, a heavy's shield doesn't mean so much when you have a serpent/gd7f in all honesty.
  12. Leftconsin

There are a lot of very good names occupied by characters who killed under 5 people. I'll get a shot at getting one of the names I really want.
    • Up x 1
  13. Jdawg666

Sure, been on it a few times, it was just never very busy when i was on, which I would think would be important when trying a new map system. 'Guess i should spend a bit more time there...
  14. FlamingSquirrel

Yep, you warpgated a faction with 12 guys. Most people would call BS, but personally I believe you, because that's about how many people play on Amerish without the lattice system. Some people just like ghostcapping I guess.

Even if you're right, and it does make it less strategic, people clearly prefer the lattice system judging by the ghost-town that is Amerish.
  15. Oslama

Right. Place a turret near the door and get slaughtered from behind. I would not call the turret an advantage. It's nothing more than another weapon.

Oops... Forgot to quote...

Clay said:
    “Engineer has zero advantages? o_O
    Guide for engineer advantages:
    1. Cap a Point
    2. Place infantry turret near door
    3. Farm
    4. ???
    5. Profit!

you could do the same for AV turret. If one class can make kills without any risk, its the engineer.”
  16. mersk

Wait, what? Are you saying you actually READ what people write on the forums? I find that hard to believe, considering there's been at least 10 posts already about what "purging old characters" actually means, but you've just ignored them all. In fact, you even answered a guy (on page 17) and quoted his question about that, but you didn't answer it.
  17. Corporate Thug

Tell me again how is it that I need to learn to play? Person A states that something is and was fine and others need not complain about it because there is nothing wrong with said thing. Person B insists that there is something wrong with said thing and tells Person A that he needs to learn to play because Person A has no trouble using said thing. I'm not the one who needs pills bro.
  18. Daikar

please go back to monthly updates.
    • Up x 5
  19. Boomotang

What the hell is considered Prime Time for you europeans? Where I'm from it's 8-10. If you wanna get looser in your definition it's from 7-10. And if you want to get really rough it's 6-12.
  20. Demetrios

You'll be able to reserve it until they sell name changes for 1000 SC, then delete it and get the name you want!