Server Downtime for Patch February 20, 2014 6 AM PT (3 PM CET)

Discussion in 'Official News and Announcements' started by Luperza, Feb 19, 2014.

1. Seededshadow

yeah the newest spawn system took that style of play away but it has helped cuz back in the day when a hex was getting cap hella far away the whole platoon would redeploy to that hex and as attackers that caused major problems. you would look and see no ememies present start capping the oh **** there is 25-48 and we have 10 guys lol thats how that spawn system went. took a while to get used to it but once u do u start to like it
  2. ElTovar

Exactly! And this works.
    • Up x 3
  3. BOOKEN

Prevents flanking? As in prevents you from capping the base behind the one the enemy is attacking?

OR

Prevents you from falling back, pulling the necessary equipment to flank the attackers taking your base?

Point is, I don't particularly like the lattice system either but nothing prevents "flanking". People sit inside the spawn room trying get free kills while the base gets capped instead of actually defending. Then they wait until the last second and spawn at the base behind and do it all over again.

Just because you can't cap the connecting base doesn't mean you can't sit in the middle of the hexes and repel the attackers by flanking them. One has to leave the spawn room before one can flank.

3 ways the enemy can cap your base.

Sundy
    Spawn Beacon
    Galaxy

All can be flanked no matter the circumstances.

I know. I have done it solo more times than I can count. While everyone is sitting in the spawn room I redeploy, I equip light assault, I pull an esf, I fly over to enemy sundy, hop out the esf, drop c-4 on the sundy. Done. Flanked

Just imagine a squad or platoon being able to that. The word Zerg would become obsolete.

Fact is they could, but they have to stop cert grinding first.
  4. salembeats

Probably keep it next to the enemy base with the hacked terminal, with the squad leader keeping a watchful eye on it, so that everyone can spawn more tanks from the flanking location once their current tanks have been destroyed.

With an infiltrator hacking the terminals and a squad spawn/sunderer at the base, you can do everything that the enemies can do there:
    - Spawn
    - Resupply
    - Pull Vehicles
    - Man Turrets

No wonder Infiltrator is such an underplayed class, with the majority acting as bush-wookies:
    People have no creativity.
    • Up x 1
  5. drNovikov

They have locked all the servers and are keeping poor players inside, not allowing them to logout and return to their families!
  6. BOOKEN

I totally agree. The game is what we make of it. It seems most people are ok with sitting in the spawn room getting free kills not even trying to defend the base.

I join random squads all the time and NEVER see anyone doing anything other than the same lame gameplay.
    • Up x 1
  7. WaiZen

Sword Art Online / Log Horizon, Anyone? xD
    • Up x 3
  8. Magicool

"LOCKED" is good right?
  9. FlamingSquirrel

Actually, the 'flanking maneuver' you're talking about doesn't actually exist outside of this game. In war, you don't take a territory that is almost completely surrounded by the enemy because there's a 500m wide strip of ground where the territory touches another territory you own, which makes it okay.

Whereas the flanking maneuver he's talking about is actually what you would do in battle. Drop people in behind the enemy, and attack them from the rear.

Also, that sunderer is spawning people now able to pull tanks, and other vehicles. As well as spawning people who are now in a position to defend that hacked terminal, and take that base it belongs to the moment the base they're currently assaulting goes down.
    • Up x 2
  10. Alizona

I agree with your thoughts.

I agree that Sony clearly installed the lattice in an attempt to get 48+ versus 48+ battles raging around the clock.

But I agree not all of us like "brute force" battles. I don't. I play games to exercise my brain, not my muscles!
    • Up x 3
  11. SirJMD

Thank you for yet another patch in the middle of EU prime time. I know you don't care the slightest about EU players - you've made that clear on quite a few occasions. This is why I'm cancelling my subscription.
  12. AuntLou42

The problem is platoons were not using the hex system to simply flank a well defended base. They would move on and beyond continuing to ghost cap undefended bases completely ignoring the well defended one.

Also the lattice system is not preventing flanking at all. First flanking doesn't require you to take a base in order to do it, Stonewall Jackson didn't need a base and you don't either. Second if you really can't figure out how to flank without a base you can still use the adjacent lattice line. It's not like the base along side the base your attacking disappeared when the lattice was put in. Finally in case you didn't notice "Separated the Facility Satellites into independent outposts". So flank your little heart out at all main facilities!
    • Up x 1
  13. Takoita

You either don't grasp the source of the complaints or are being deliberately obtuse.

You see 'you can't flank' and assume people are talking about sunderer placements, AV nests, armor pushes and whatnot. This is, in fact, not the case.

The issue is when a faction turtles up in, say, biolab and sits there effectively denying the whole branch of bases behind it despite them not moving an inch outside of it. There is exactly no reason why your forces can't just grab your sunderers/galaxies/whatever can't just go around it, but what you are going to do there?

Hack their terminals? Bust up their turrets? Lay some mines? Camp their warpgate with AA and tanks?

None of these will achieve anything but lulz and certs at best because those people sitting in a biolab get absolutely zero penalty to their fighting capability and will continue to deny you your territory capture alert regarldess of you will do behind their lines.
    • Up x 1
  14. TheHandsOfLyr

Everyone who complains about Scatter Max units should really stop because for TR all we need to do is pull our Pounders and with enough of us those NC dont stand a chance! Instead of complaining on the forums maybe try using your brains and try to counter these problems. For one the pounders have a way better range and so on. Get a life people and spend your certs more wisely and stop buying shiny camo sets, this is war not a fashion week
    • Up x 1
  15. Alizona

Server Unavailable -> Maintenance -> Server Locked -> Server Available

So yes we are at stage 3 of 4 now.
  16. Merakov

Vodski said:
    “So don't stand still. It is definitely harder to snipe somebody, than it is to spray and pray with an auto. Maybe you should try it sometime. I can guarantee the rifle sway, and the 1 second "hold breath" would make it so you land zero kills, oh and dont forget having to compensate for bullet drop (unless you play VS).”
    If you zig zag while running its next to impossible to land a headshot at long range
    and if you play MaxU ,LA ,HA ,Engi or Medic its not realy you job to be shoting the long range sniper theres something very special called
    1.Air Support
    2.Counter-Sniping
    Whenever you are hit/killed by a sniper a red arrow appears on your screen showing where the bullet came from this shows you a general location where the sniper is ,now for some logical thinking most snipers look for a high ground with an "eagles view" so the most common place is to look on top of a cliff keep an eye on that cliff and not to long until u see the muzzle flash again(even more so at night)The sniper would have moved ages ago from that spot ? Haha you will be suprised to see how rarely they move most snipers I see dont even know they have a 3rd equip which helps for scouting let alone change position after few shots
  17. Nyerk

Nailed. This discussion in specific is done. (BTW, as several ppl have already said, flanking still exists.)
  18. Takoita

Attacking supply lines doesn't exist? Even if it didn't 'exist outside of this game', this is a game, gameplay > IRL.
  19. Takoita

All the terminals are busted. Bam. You are now able to do absolutely nothing sans observing pretty empty landscape. Because the enemy doesn't even need to pass through their territory to get fresh armor and troops to their fronltine or get their resources - they'll just spawn all they need directly in the hex combat is occuring.

Enjoy sitting there being useless.
  20. Alizona

Okay, let me really make your day. LOL

I play 85% of the time as an Engineer fixing turrets and terminals. I've gotten to Battle Rank 73 mainly by repairing things, not by killing things. Ghost-capping was my specialty for a long time.

So yeah... I'm definitely the kind of player you probably hate with a passion. :)
    • Up x 2