Server Downtime for Patch February 20, 2014 6 AM PT (3 PM CET)

Discussion in 'Official News and Announcements' started by Luperza, Feb 19, 2014.

1. salembeats

Which is...?
  2. Valok

PlanetSide 2 is a Massively Multiplayer first person shooter that delivers truly epic, massive combat on a scale never before seen in stunning, breathtaking detail.
    That delivers truly epic, massive combat on a scale never before seen.
    That delivers truly epic, massive combat.
    Massive combat
    Massive

mas•sive (ˈmæs ɪv)

adj.
    1. consisting of or forming a large mass; bulky and heavy: massive columns.
    2. imposingly large or prominent: a massive forehead.
    3. large in scale, amount, or degree: a massive dose.
    4. great in extent or profundity.
    5. Mineral. having no outward crystal form although sometimes crystalline in internal structure.
    [1375–1425; Middle English massif < Middle French; see mass1, -ive]
    mas′sive•ly, adv.
    mas′sive•ness, n.
    Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.

Now, I understand that the lattice has it's problems, in fact, there won't ever be a "perfect" way. But the lattice system above all offer what we should be looking for in this game I.E a big ******* clusterfk, that's why I'm here. If I wanted 16x16 or 32x32 I would just play battlefield, it's a much better game at that.
    • Up x 3
  3. Alizona

The lattice system prevents flanking maneuvers.

But if you think LESS strategic options is better than MORE of them... then enjoy your Amerish.
    • Up x 2
  4. Mr.hoody

Good question, Need to take a look when servers are up. (Im not playing there alot)
  5. Phazaar

:S Flying? Over a spawn room? How freaking imba is your jetpack?!

No no, it's a bug fix. If you flew too close to a spawn room, or landed on the roof, and flew away you could often end up stuck in the 'This area is off limits' thing and a constant DoT until your plane sploded. When the game first came out it was cert city though. You could just sit outside your ESF repairing it and get constant XP. Then they classified out-of-bounds damage as FF :/

I don't know if it affected LAs as you ought to die too fast to notice if the DoT's persisting or if it's just lag.

I very much doubt you can land on spawn rooms - that's not what's being said at all as far as I can see.
  6. Dead soldier

That's not what I meant, I was tired cause I just woke up. What I meant was that I was sad that aircraft couldn't play a part in the game with capturing bases. Before, you could kill the last infantryman running to the point and save the base. Now you can't play a big part without massive amounts of people or a suicide mission. The sunderers and galaxies will and have massive amounts of AA in them. A single aircraft, an ESF will have a very hard time dealing with them and might likely run out of ammo before the galaxy is smoking. The liberator will have enough ammo but if the galaxy has a single friendly AA or ESF protecting them or jsut smart positioning/good gunners, the lib has to run and leave if they want to live. But when said liberator runs, THey get killed by the walkers/bulldogs on the gal and the liberator dies :(. Attacking sundies usually results in death because walkers/basilisks (notice how I left out rangers) do tons of damage and if the aircraft leaves, the sundy will repair and be at full health again. And any major sundy will have massive amounts of flak protecting it and probably tanks and for an ESF, mass small arms fire will do tons of damage not to mention the lag of loading everything that doesn't help hit and run attacks. I myself, haven't lolpoded at all recently and but I used to, maybe 400 kills? I normally now run Ab pods and saron laser cannon. In a lightning, I run Ap because it feels kinda cheap killing people with splash damage when they can't do a thing. On my liberator, I got dalton/tankbuster and I mainly hunt aircraft, Normally liberators or ESFs cause gals scare me.
  7. Mr.hoody

Of course im not standing still, but still its not very hard to kill someone. With auto its a lot harder to kill some one if they are very far. have to agree with that.
  8. Torok

So who‘s hitting f5 every freaking minute here on the server status board?
    THE HYPE METER‘S BROKEN!1!1!22
  9. salembeats

You can do, like, almost ZERO of the things shown in that video.

Lol. XD
    • Up x 1
  10. Phazaar

Fixed that for ya...
  11. Seededshadow

LMFAO the spawn system is staying the same, what you described is the newest system. you used to be able to spwan and respawn at any hex controlled by ur faction so get used to it its here to stay
  12. Merakov

Its 4 a clock in the afternoon in europe...
  13. FlamingSquirrel

I said I prefer the lattice system because it's easier to redeploy. I also pointed out that Amerish has been dead to almost everyone except ghostcappers recently.

I'm not entirely sure where you're getting the idea that I said less strategic options is better. Too much rage and too little reading comprehension I guess.
  14. SC4NNER

I think the lattice system isn't optimal unless players want very few choices of where they can capture territories, all of which are likely to be 48+ battles zones. Not all players like the only options to be a 48+ battle all the time. It is rewarding to have small skirmishes where tactics have more to do with success in capturing the facility. The huge zerg battles have more to do with brute force than tactics. There is a time and a place for zerg warfare but not all players want to have to choose from a small list of zerg fronts to go and fight.

I think that the lattice system would be more appropriate to a map substantially larger than the current maps. I am very happy and very impressed with the scale of this game but the current map sizes with large numbers of zerg players chokes the current lattice system [particularly on Indar I have noticed]. Maybe that is what the developers are going for but I think it is nice to have variety rather than the same situation everywhere. Just my thought on the matter.
    • Up x 3
  15. salembeats

Let me show you something:

#1: Take an infiltrator with you behind enemy lines.
    #2: Hack a vehicle terminal at a large facility connected to an enemy Tech Plant.
    #3: Place a squad spawn and/or Sunderer at that facility. Use maxed out stealth to prevent auto-detection.
    #4: Have everyone in the squad pull prowlers.
    #5: Take tank column from behind enemy lines and flank enemy positions.

Do people seriously have such little creativity?

This doesn't seem to be getting through the skulls of people:
    Lattice does not affect where you can go. It affects only what you can capture.
    • Up x 5
  16. Dr Epoch

I think they locked status was to get our hopes up... what a bunch of jerks
  17. FlamingSquirrel

You could respawn at any hex within a fixed and highly restrictive area, which wasn't much good if you wanted to jump to the other side of the continent. I like to hop about a lot and help at hotspots, I don't really like joining a zerg and just swarming base after base with very little fighting.
  18. Seededshadow

ok so amerish in my opinion has been the ****tiest place so revamp was rlly needed. however i do not believe that the latice is the right answer, yes it forces larger battlers but it grid locks the cont. back in the day u still had massive batttles (some even bigger then the ones u see today) but u have no choices anymore. i have been against latice from day 1 and still am. i can see why you guys are doing it though, however for longevity of this game please look for other possibilities to implement in the future
  19. Takoita

Cool, now what are you gonna do with that sunderer? Camp their spawn? Armor pushes from unexpected directions are all fine and dandy but complete inability to do anything to an enemy base you have right there without the links' say so is exactly the opposite of meaningful ability to flank. I.e. what the majority of complaints is all about.
    • Up x 1
  20. Tommyp2006

No it doesn't, you just have no capability to think outside the box. You don't have to have a base to drive around your enemies

These are the kind of players that actually play this game. No wonder you see so many base assaults only come from one direction.