Where is Vanu's no bullet drop BASR? NC have one.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by LIKE A BOSS!, Feb 19, 2014.

1. LIKE A BOSS!

Can somebody explain to me why the NC are getting a no bullet drop BASR BEFORE The Vanu get one? The railjack will be the most OP point and click weapon in the game. 850m/s with No drop and 750 damage.....Who even thought of this. I don't mind the damage. But for the love of god tone down the velocity a little so it doesn't take away bullet drop. An alternate option is giving the Vanu no bullet drop on ALL of our BASR would balance this out but it would be unfair for the TR. Since the Trap is a nerfed SOAS. Please SOE fix this weapon. It will become ZOE and Striker 2.0 all over again. When NC becomes a snipe fest and infantry combat against NC will become hell (like ZOE was for the Vanu) I and many others have warned you.
    • Up x 2
  2. Hatesphere

oh VS gets one, they just have an insane cool down between shots and have to charge the shot while they line it up.
  3. LIKE A BOSS!

With a 200m max range its not even comparable to the NC's. If the NC get one Vanu AND TR better get one also.
  4. sindz

Dont worry, no bullet drop trait is too OP for vanu so on everything where it could be useful it was nerfed to ****, so we actually get the most drop. But NC can have dmg and no bullet drop, its fine.
    • Up x 9
  5. Benton!

Pssht, who cares about faction traits or anything...

sigh
  6. Church41349

Hey at least you get a sniper rifle ours just feels like some sort of scout rifle that they are calling a sniper rifle.
    • Up x 3
  7. HadesR

Yeah should remove the no bullet drop from the VS one as well
    • Up x 1
  8. LIKE A BOSS!

True. I think the TR's should have a full auto sniper with really high rate of fire VERY easy to control and have a 12x scope with 0 sway if they were going to give the NC a hit scan.
  9. Benton!

Nah, lock-on sniper seems to fit the TR. Shade needs a couple nerfs, I think 150m range is better for OHK.
  10. LIKE A BOSS!

Thats fine with me. No bolt action sniper should have 0 bullet drop in this game.
  11. LIKE A BOSS!

Thats fine as well. The shade will just be replacing the spectre for me. The Parallax is better than the shade in almost all aspects.
  12. HadesR

Totally agree ..

But staggers me some people still defend the VS's right to have one as a " trait " .. No BASR should have it .. Period, regardless of the gun's mechanics ..
    • Up x 1
  13. Unclematos7

About faction traits:

GR-22, Carnage AR, Orion, GD-7F, VX6-7, Bliz, Desperado, revolvers, and many many others.
  14. LIKE A BOSS!

And if they ever even thought of adding that broken mechanic EVERY faction should get one and they should all have the exact same stats. It would totally unfair if only 1 faction got one. That factions snipers would out performing the other 2 by a large margin
  15. Metallic123

The terran republics faction trait is sharing?

16. LIKE A BOSS!

The VS don't have no bullet drop on ANY of there Bolt action snipers. The NC do. It would be fine if it was actually sharing. But it isn't
  17. NinjaTurtle

^ This

SOE left faction traits at the door a long time ago, all factions have weapons or tools that don't suit their apparent "traits". SOE seem to have moved on from that design philosophy for the most part

The NC should never have got the Desperado, that should have been TR, the Commissioner should have been the NC ES pistol as it best suits the NC heavy damage slow fire "trait". Also that didn't happen, ya know why... "traits" don't exist in this game

Still hoping for a railgun pistol type thingy
    • Up x 1
  18. LIKE A BOSS!

Vanu don't have a no bullet drop faction trait on there bolt action sniper rifles. It would be fine if the parallax got no bullet drop to compensate.
  19. Maelthra

The Shade?

Sure, you can argue that the Shade isn't a very good no-drop BASR, but it's charge mode does technically replicate BASR functionality and it has no drop, so...
    • Up x 1
  20. LIKE A BOSS!

The shade can't even OHK past 200m. They should just remove no bullet drop from the shade and give it to the parallax so a true VS bolt action sniper gets no bullet drop. And the shades velocity makes no bullet drop useless at the range it OHKs and it's signifgantly harder to use as a true 100% bolt action compared to the Parallax, Longshot etc.