Server Downtime January 17th, 2014 at 12:15 AM PT (9:15 AM CET)

Discussion in 'Official News and Announcements' started by Luperza, Jan 17, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JPm0nroe

That's common sense but lost in SOE world. Another intelligent server support rule is test bedding and tiered roll out. Again, SOE doesn't know either of them.

I do miss the original PlanetSide 1 support team. They would perform regular tiered server patch roll outs so that at any given time, only one server was down. In addition they properly test bed all patches on the worthless EU server so any bugs or stability issues encountered didn't bother the real players. Seriously, how hard is it to institute a tiered roll out and server burn in times on the unlucky test server or do we just like beating all PS2 players with a hose at the same time?
  2. RyanGUK

Jesus Christ, some of you lot are so bloody ungrateful, they started updates at 6AM and are only finishing the bug fixes at like 1AM the next day almost.

You lot have a lot of nerve to make jokes like that and whine about it, when they're working their hardest to get us back online. This community Sometimes...
    • Up x 3
  3. fractalmoe

thanks mom!
  4. innersphere1

But you are here too.. i think u want to play so bad dont you? Lets walk out togheter XD
    Also note that with f2p games its not like they dont get paid..rich kids compensate for every non paying players.
  5. fractalmoe

Could we get some free boosts for the wait at least?
    • Up x 1
  6. Underrun

I can't tell if he's being sarcastic or not...
  7. innersphere1

Oh and funny to watch "servers are going down" .... like they were on before LOL...??!?
  8. trit0Ch

You know a game is good when the server goes down there's endless posts asking when it is coming back on. Take your time devs.. these guys are just experience ps2 withdrawal symptoms.. They always come back. Its a quick hit. Gaming high.
    • Up x 1
  9. applepienation

Nice. Glad to see you have the dedication to work at this hour to get the game running again.

Will there be any sort of compensation reward for people who lost playtime?
  10. eniNorez

GIVE US ALL A DAY OF PREMIUM FOR THE DOWNTIME
    • Up x 1
  11. Catfiish

I just hope they extend my boost. I'd be fine with 3 hours off of it as planned but as we get closer to the 24 hour mark I'm getting a bit concerned I'll lose a whole day off my boost. Does anyone know if boosts continue to count down during downtime or not?
    • Up x 1
  12. RyanGUK

I'm not, I'm EU and I haven't once moaned about how long it's taking. I've been up all night long hoping I could jump on Connery but unfortunately not. End of the day, maintenance needs doing and sometimes it doesn't go to plan. It's annoying but no need to take it out on the devs or SOE.
  13. GalaxyKillers

I want to MAG I live for Mag I die for Mag !!! Mag Mag Mag Mag I miss my Mag
  14. Soldorn

game is down again? was it up between? o_O
  15. james1980

Anxious to get started. Very thankful to the team for all their hard work though. Keep it up guys it is much appreciated
  16. Underrun

Well, in their defense you don't pay for play time do you? You get the same play time as all the F2P people; you just get the perks. If this were a paid mmo, graduated playtime refunds are customary.
  17. GalaxyKillers

OMG I have a disease now? Are the prescription drugs to treat me !!!

I called a doctor he to me to kill all NC Noobs and TR BR 100 and I would be ok.

Yeah
  18. JPm0nroe

I'm pretty sure he's being sarcastic. Properly testing patches and a tiered roll out is common sense in the IT field and nobody should feel bad for someone that did neither. Eventually they will learn...
  19. pizo1

So this means that EU server maint is over or what :p
    • Up x 1
  20. nikev21

Miller was offline most of Thursday very frustrating, trying to play on the Miller server tonight (Friday) will be a nightmare, I expect long queues and lag.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.