Miller NC overpop since new year.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Strikejk, Jan 15, 2014.

1. DCTH

Well .. it depends on the time it seems.
    In the evenings the population is quite balanced most of the time which is a nice soght for me (as a VS-player I mainly experienced under-pop or even pop).

In the morning though, pops are all over the place ...

But something different: For me it seems, even htough NC is now over-poped often, TR and NC both don't liek to attack each other much. Especially on Indar the biggest fronts are twards the VS-side.
    I wonder now, it is because it is less fun attacking the TR / NC as NC / TR?
    Or is it the map (landscape and links) that drives them towards the current VS (eastern) warpgate?

Don't understand it as insult or something ... i'm just interested. I can understand both reasons though:
    I personally prefer fightging TR, because as Magrider-pilot i dislike the Vanguard with the its shields and their ScatterMAXes.
    And link/landscape-wise ... well north of indar is a desert ... ugly to be in because very few cover and big trenches/craters you have to drive around. The "fun"-landscape is starts with the crown and goes south from there.
  2. LordMondando

• Up x 2
  3. Goretzu

On Miller? Yes.

May, June, July August and September were easily that, it was only in the last weeks of the WDS that those sorts of World pops started to wane (prime-time that is, Miller TR often has 47% even now in the morning GMT).
  4. Lamat

Probably from their sciency high fiber diet. I bet their all vegans too.
  5. Goretzu

So did they, hence this thread! :D
  6. d3adline

Not one occasion were the TR pop exceeds 45% during prime time like claimed. It's not a question if TR was overpoped, the question was by how much, and stating that it was 45 to 50% is highly exaggerated.

It is worth to mention that Miller started as the TR stronghold, just like Mattherson as the VS one, both servers (like every single other one) now sport NC overpop. And the question of why that is the case is going to be thoroughly explored by forumside in the next months.
  7. Bvenged

You're over-exaggerating, and forgetting NC had to deal with as bad TR overpopulation for MANY months.

However, I agree.

In PU02, VS and TR both got NC'ified by having all gear and equipment tailored to be less cookie-cutter and more specific in their uses.

Top that off with VS losing ZOE and TR losing their easy-mode maurader, vlucan, fractures, striker, etc. etc. and you've got a really good patch... but a recipe for 4th faction disaster.

The perception of the NC being the most powerful now is because we didn't get obviously nerfed in a patch for once (we'd been exclusively and disproportionally nerfed nearly every single patch since launch). This encouraged 4th faction muppets who look for easy fights to jump ship and bail on TR & VS to roll as NC.

This is annoying for all parties as the quality of fights decline due to over-zerging of the overpopulated faction, but once these silly sods realise NC still has the same niche gun mechanics that are harder to master, they will hopefully bail again and disperse evenly across the 3 factions.

TL;DR
    Factions are fairly balanced, but people are morons or jerks and perceive NC as (falsely) easier than the rest.
    • Up x 4
  8. LordMondando

I'm sorry what is this argument even about at this point.

You can see from the same grapth, NC pop doesn't go near 50% either. Or 45%. 38-39% is the issue, and thats enough.

I was pointing out whatever issue there is now, it happened before with TR. The graph does most certainty show that. Dozens of instances with TR pop being in the 38-39% bracket.
  9. d3adline

Yes you did, and there is nothing wrong with you pointing that out to me, Goretzu however said TR overpop on Miller during primetime used to be in the 45 to 50% range, and I asked him if he even believed that himself, because the term "over exaggerated" dosen't quite cut it. I never said TR wasn't the overpoped faction, I only wanted him to get his facts straight rather than telling fairy-tales.
    • Up x 1
  10. Strikejk

I was constantly reading "TR overpop qq" because we had 35% to 33% sometimes in the first couple of months after the game came out LOL.

And rarely breaking the 40%? Wait for it..

Wait for it..
    ..GOOD JOKE!!

(not)

Edit: And yes I like the QQing ;) Waited long enough for it!
  11. Kociboss

Yup, much easier to jump on anonymous hate bandwagon.
  12. Serafine

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaw, the great Terran Republic Homebase called Miller is swarmed by NC. TR doesn't have 50% pop anymore. I'm soooooooooooooooooooo sad for you.
    I will quote a favorite evergreen statement of Miller TR on this: "Learn to play!"
    /rant

Seriously, Miller TR didn't exactly make itself a lot of friends during the last months. You shouldn't expect people being sorry for you now that you are on the other end of the food chain, even if most players agree that NC overpop currently is a problem.
    • Up x 1
  13. NightmareP69

I'm loving the NC overpopulation, same story on Ceres, a server where TR were over populated for extreamly long and when an NC / VS would mention the fact they won an alert because they had around 40% world pop the TR would just say " Learn to play, we're super organized" meanwhile VS has 25-29% pop and NC maybe 30-35%.
    I'm just loving watching all these TR now talking about balance and how unfair fights are when they're not the overpopulated faction anymore.
    • Up x 2
  14. bPostal

QFT.

Population imbalance is a thing and as a thing it will happen. Since it's a thing and is happening it falls upon us, the players, to try and fix it until (read if) SOE puts more systems in place to help combat 4th factioning. What can we do? The same thing the VS and NC did when we were regularly overpopped (No, I don't give a damn how often or by how much) which was focus on the higher population and tag team some *******!

Also, and I really need to stress this bit, during alerts if your faction isn't the one that's ridiculously overpopped, then you're going to have to coordinate more! Example: During a tech plant alert TR had ~30% on Indar, ~30% on Esamir and about ~10% on Amerish. Can anyone tell me how many tech plants are on Esamir? That's right! One.
  15. Sordid

Ha! Haha! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA!

Complaining about being outnumbered after only two weeks? Buddy, come back in a year. Then we'll talk.
  16. Goretzu

On Miller TR barely dropped below 39% world pop for most of last year. :eek:

(it is amazing how many TR Miller players are even now in total denial of this though. :confused: )
  17. Strikejk

Stop lying :eek:
    Everybody can see the graph I included in my first post, clearly showing something different!
  18. LordMondando

Wouldn't it be nice if SOE wold actually start some movement on this game mechanic.

WOULDN'T IT.

OVER A YEAR AFTER LAUNCH.
  19. Goretzu

Again I do because it was.

It didn't get over 50% very often (end up alert usually), but 45%? Regularly.
    39%? it was almost never below that.
    Seems like the Nile is a river that runs very much through the Miller TR warpgates. :rolleyes:
  20. Goretzu

Except I'm not lying. :cool:

If you go back far enough in my post history you'll find posts where I recorded the actual server % on Miller hourly (and more often over PT) and compared it to the corresponding sirisan website graph.

It's plain inaccurate, its login counts are off and it didn't poll often enough to give a reliable view of the day.

SOE server % would be showing TR at 47% (which must be right and is what I'd trust) and the corresponding data from sirisan would be showing TR at ~34%. o_O
    • Up x 1