Infantry weapon changes - 12/12/2013

Discussion in 'Test Server: Announcements' started by joshua, Dec 12, 2013.

1. Xhaleon

Alternatively leave the new difference between them the same, but lower the COF globally so that it doesn't become unmanageable. Will need repurposing of the burst-variants of weapons though, but that one's easy.
  2. Shanther

Good lord the SVA is terrible now. You literally can't strafe and use that gun at any sort of distance that isn't closeish range. Once you get out to mid range targets you are going to miss so much because of the increased CoF and the strangely random recoil jerks. You can burst fire the gun a few times and it will jerk to the right every time, but every once and a while it will hard jerk to the left. You can't compensate for that.

=(
    • Up x 3
  3. Nerovox

So I guess the only point to HA now is to hang outside of a base just standing there waiting for that 300 meter head shot..
    Shields are not that good tbh, Hip fire always kind of sucked, damage compared to other classes is pretty much the same as the only thing thats different is clip size, rockets are meh imo.. Talk about an unexciting class to play but whatever Ive been playing Medic,Engineer and LA more and more anyways..
    I just hope we get a refund on certs so i can just forget about HA all together even though Ive spent a bit of cash on HA weapons, Ill just take that a lesson learned about the cash shop.

Meh..... I should haver trusted my instincts and stayed far away from SOE! being a SWG vet I know that they are really radical on nerfs and system changes till one day a full overhaul. Really gets me because I knew better and still bought into this game. Sigh all too familiar!!!!

After all these years SOE your metrics are still crap.. Just little tweaks here and there, just listen to the people who play.
    • Up x 2
  4. Botji

Not going to say you are wrong in any of that since I agree with some of it but listening to the people who play is harder than it sounds(pun sort of intended).

Most people who play after changes like this wont bother to come to the forums and "defend" the changes while a lot of people that dislike the changes will come to the forums to complain about it so you get kinda one sided feedback.

Im fine with everything they are doing right now aside from the crappy random recoil, its like some times the guy just suddenly gets the spaz and pulls the gun to the left or right really hard. If the goal is to make the weapons less accurate over range I would much rather have a faster COF bloom so you have to burst fire over range otherwise you are shooting all over the place. As it is now you have no control over the weapons at all, even when you burst fire it sometimes goes way to the left/right for no reason other than "just because" wich is beyond infuriating.
  5. TsubasaKuroi

Sniper changes are fine, can deal with the general hipfire nerfing all around even though it seems silly and unneeded in my eyes.

What I do not understand at all is the random recoil on .75 ADS weapons, which seem absolutely ridiculous.
    • Up x 5
  6. davoll

It is perfectly fine how it is at least till the render range is increased.
  7. Xidaraf

I rather they increase the time it takes to fire the next shot than limit the range of the bolt action
  8. TheKhopesh

So, the TR and VS are being changed to match how the NC already are on live?

With exception to the LA Anchor and the EM1, NC LMG's are already ADS-only weapons.
  9. Helg

Our respected developers, it's well that decided not to weaken Sniper Rifles as much as you wanted earlier . But, please, remember NOBODY LIKES WEAPON NERFING- WEAKENING! Now you decided to weaken LMG's hip fire. For what? At 29-th century (!!!) on Auraxis! We even don't have for infantry such powerful weapon as it was long ago, in World War 2 (!!!), we don't have, for example such weapon as German "MG-42". If you weaken LMG's hip fire then make them such powerful as this ancient "MG-42". I simply will stop playing "PlanetSide 2" if, with every new update patch, you will constantly and regularly weaken our weak (for 29-th century!!!) weapons.
    • Up x 1
  10. Adeon

• Up x 1
  11. ChapmanBaxter

If 0.75x movement speed is such an issue, nerf that (to, say, 0.60x/0.65x) instead of unrelated factors like reload speed and recoil. It makes little sense as currently intended, and effectively punishes everyone using those weapons for a supposedly problematic matter (0.75x ADS movement speed) that most players (who don't forumside or pour over stats) probably aren't aware of!

tl;dr - if one variable is OP, don't nerf two unrelated variables in an attempt to balance it.
    • Up x 3
  12. DerpMode

This one is actually pretty big. I hate low insults but if you guys would play the game more often and more in depth you would have realized a weapon pass would have been better before this.

Sure you are trying to bring way too strong weapons in check by modifying a attachment that to some weapons is mandatory.
    Example: TAR vs TRV. With this change, visually the COF looks slightly larger but because of COF bloom (you know bloom per shot) you can't kill stuff properly outside of shotgun range with the TRV; On the other side the TAR (and smg's) can still reliably hipfire at 30 meters.

So whats the point of the TRV again? The adv. laser MSW-R will suffer even more since it already has the COF of a carbine with a laser sight. Yes ok some recent weapons are too strong, but how about revising the old ones you left unchecked ?
  13. Adeon

I'm using Orion because of it, and now Orion nerfed again. *facepalm*
  14. Corezer

If you are going to give up on long range for carbines, at least give the AC-X11 access to SPA

It is still not a competitive weapon for anything. With SPA and the mag size buff at least it can be a cumbersome close-mid range weapon, although the GD-7f will still be better.

Right now, it's just a small mag gun with terrible hip fire, compounded by not being able to put out the lead to fill that cone consistently.

nanoweave still screws NC weapons more than other factions by increasing the shots to kill by the same number of bullets even with our harder hitting (and slower firing) weapons.

Balance pass my ***...
  15. Nintyuk

Hmpf, your singing the opposite tune to all the ZOE posts. They were all 'Don't nerf the speed! Buff the other factions and/or nerf all the other part's of the ability!'
    Obviously they didn't want to remove the 0.75x modifier as a feature but they couldn't leave it as a free buff that had no downside.
  16. Scure

Its just a fantasy game. Actually nerfing all weapons will be the best choice, it makes skilled gameplay more important. And its not CoD, if you make the weapons stronger in a large battle no one will be able to move out from a corner, because you will die in 0,0001 seconds.
  17. Gheeta

I agree that constant buffing is not a good idea but this really is the wrong way to reduce the effectiveness of .75 modifier guns. With the current changes these weapons won't be viable even in cqc situations since going for headshots is not viable with completely random recoil patterns.

This kind of randomness simply can not be allowed to happen, there are much better ways of limiting the range of cqc weapons such as increasing the damage degradation or simply increasing vertical recoil.
  18. chrollo

this isn't about skill with the new recoil pattern on the carnage br after 5 or so bullet ads you can no longer hit the target your firing at even with advanced forward grip and a compensator. This is incredibly aggravating for a weapon that is supposed to be a mid range and close range weapon. Now they have nerfed the hipfire along with ads. Its practically useless in midrange and will be overwhelmed my and cqc light assault carbine. WHY would you do this. The stats show the score per minute was not even very high with this weapon. Why not just buff every weapon to .75 instead of nerfing these weapons.
  19. Catch23

This is interesting. the Dev Team has been frightened by some of their customers.

even before this went live they reverted their own proposed changes by almost 180 degrees . At first snipers were supposed to get one buff for one nerf. now they simply removed the nerf and snipers get a huge buff instead. actually it's 2 buffs since they also get an indirect SMG buff. no, i am not gonna explain this. Overall, look for more SMGs in thre future. which is the easiest to use weapon class in the game.
    I think it would have been clever to admit this is supposed to make up for overall less effective prox mines (noob-wise in line with maxes, lock-ons, mana turrets and tank spam) after the Flak Armor Change. Because "Infiltrators" will sure as whatever complain about this, too. being unfair etc. Most Players don't care for balance they are just demanding rights always looking for an advantage. alot of them are (like) children. once you give them something, they want more.

watch out for the prox mine cross-buff after the flak change. because they want it and PS2 is too afraid to lose more customers. which is quite understandable. will this strategy pay out? dunno. we will see.

I made some threads about NC/ VS carbines should getting buffed, as a TR, because I knew this was unbalanced. now they nerfed some TR carbs + the Orion/ SV-88. Players should learn that overusing/ denying advantages doesn't pay out in the long run. you will just lose your good stuff in the end instead of letting the rest get on par.

HAs, LAs, Medics, Engies got nerfed, Snipers/ Infiltrators got buffed. SMGs + cloak is better than SMG + Shield/ Jet Pack
    anyways, let's see

I will adept
  20. Shanther

I didn't mess around with the Orion too much so I can't comment how badly nerfed that is. The SVA however it is basically a SAW now. The second you start trying to strafe and shoot a mid range target your shots and recoil go crazy.