General complaint about favouring VS by Developers

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by zANGRONz, Oct 31, 2013.

1. Flapatax

Blizzard does it smart. They know that true balance is essentially unobtainable, so (in my opinion) they actively promote FOTM classes which gets people to reroll and keep playing when they might've otherwise gotten bored.
    • Up x 1
  2. zANGRONz

Thanks! It actually helped :)

To the rest of the people who replied: This is my personal opinion through observation, please stop generalising it on the whole TR like "oh look another TR whining around". Besides i also feel bad sometimes for the NC. It is just my opinion that devs should be neutral towards all factions which in my personal opinion they fail to do. It is probably difficult to do so since they also play the game. Nobody is perfect.
  3. Flapatax

But you are TR and you are whining.

SOE doesn't care about faction colors, they care about making money. If their analytics suggest a balance change might negatively effect subs/logins, then they will probably shy away. As a VS player I feel that ZOE should be balanced, and the only reason I can come up with as to why it hasn't is maybe VS players like to buy MAX cosmetics. That or every ZOE complaint is anecdotal and the stats don't play out how I feel they do. Who knows.

That being said, I think you've been killed by a lot of VS and then somehow tin-foil-hatted that into "SCANDALOUS DEV/VS LOVE AFFAIR RUINS GAME!"
    • Up x 1
  4. Santondouah

NC could be wanting its money back for the ML85 Enforcer (nerf against infantry) and for all MAX AI weapons for instance. Do you see any threads about this ?

Stop whining and if you don't want to lose bucks, buy weapons with certs it only costs time.
  5. Goretzu

I dunno, they've said they absolutely regret adding The Arena for the endless balance nightmare it started rolling.
  6. Flapatax

So I guess they're just making lemonade out of whiny-mmo-fan lemons.
  7. Liewec123

oh dear lord, a TR complaining about SoE favouring a faction? SERIOUSLY?
    [IMG]
    • Up x 7
  8. Calisai

And the VS could be wanting it back for dual Cosmos and Saron. Hey, at least they didn't change the whole function of a weapon on ya... ;)

If you really believe the whole team at SOE is biased and is saying to themselves... "Hey, we need a really powerful faction, a middle faction and a whipping boy faction"... then you are really deluding yourself. What they truly want is this.... A faction that has fun and buys cosmetics, a 2nd faction that buys cosmetics and has fun and a third faction that buys cosmetics while having fun.

The truth is that balancing asymmetrical weapon systems is difficult in a large combined arms game like this... and thus anyone who plays will think they are being picked on. Just like how "X faction NEVER fights Y faction.... they always team up on my Z faction!... how unfair!" :eek:
    • Up x 3
  9. Shanther

This new an exciting....not really.
  10. Hosp

The current trend of faction OPness is a direct proportion of:

amount of crying + (frequency * volume of crying) = benefits gained [or retained]

Currently, all VS are crying for ZOE to not get nerfed. Following the above equation, it stands to reason ZOE will not be touched much by the devs.

Just as TR & VS are crying about how OP some NC stuff is, NC will not receive any significant benefits to become competitive again.

But, I believe in a dev team that knows math and how to read the stats they are collecting. So it stands to reason, they'll figure it out or risk killing the game.
  11. Phazaar

It's not your fault...

It's not your fault...

It's not... your fault.

It's not your fault.

It's not your fault. It's not your fault. It's not your fault.

(This is where you can have your hug and we can all /thread.)
  12. Eugenitor

How about this? You can have our ZOE MAXes when we get your Marauder, your Vulcan, and your instant-turning, backwards-flying Mossie. Sound fair?
  13. Astriania

A TR player complaining about bias? I mean literally what?

And they gave you (TR) the bonuses for winning WDS even when you didn't! Okay that was incompetence not bias but how can you mention WDS in the context of bias against TR? That's just ridiculous.
  14. iMartyr

In this thread whinning counters whinning, apparently.
  15. Posse

>TR complaining

lol'd
  16. Variden

TLDR translation;

Dey Turk Ur Jurbs!
  17. John_Aitc

As a Connery TR, I root heavily for the Waterson and Briggs TR to make up for the amount that we lose by on Connery.We were a big reason why the TR lost the pre-season.

No matter what team and developers play for, they make money and keep their jobs by working for ALL factions. O:MFG will be a boon to NC more than other factions, in theory. It does not mean that they now favor the NC.

The mantra you always hear from in Dev. interviews is that they strive for balance. It does not mean that they miss on this mark at times, but it means that they are working for the future of Planetside to give it longevity and justify continuing to develop content for the game, and not just add cash shop items.

WDS Ops was faction competition and face time for the community with SOE people we would never talk to otherwise. Remember Malorn's passionate "Call to Arms' speech to close the WDS Ops show the first time he was on for his session. It was funny and very TR biased. (Malorn's scoring change is what TR are claiming caused the shift from a TR sweep of all the weeks to losing the competition)
  18. VanuAreWeak&Inferior

And a TR from Waterson no less

[IMG]
    • Up x 1
  19. FocusLight

The only thing more sad than all the whining in this tread and the patronizing "you need a hug, stop being so sad" BS from the WDS "winners" is the OP.

Can anyone of you provide a better example anywhere of someone that see and hear what they want and not what's there? I've yet to see anyone else twist the events of the WDS around this badly.

Here are some facts, easily discernable for anyone with even a semblance of unbiased analyzing skills:

VS won the WDS because

1. They were never to far behind TR in overall score, and NC was right behind them again.
    2. Rule changes introduced new factors into the way score was calculated giving NC and VS a bigger edge over TR, as the underdogs in the competition. With this they started ot gain more ground and close the gap.
    3. WG-rotation ended with VS. When the NC held it the NC's numbers rose noticeably, (while TR and to some extent VS lost some numbers) and they gained a lot of score from it, almost catching up to TR. When it flipped to VS, NC numbers dropped along with TR and VS gained a lot of people in turn.
    4. The VS were never too far behind the TR and now being favored by the 4th faction it did not take them too long to catch up with, and ultimately surpass the TR's lead. This was towards the end of the whole event and there was no time for anyone else to counter this lead - we were all out of time. Odds are good if the WDS had gone for 2 more weeks and TR got the north gate back, they would once again take the lead - and win the WDS.
    5. It can be argued that the absurd popularity of the VS ZOE-MAX had a noticeable effect as well - rising numbers in general also meant far more MAX'es out. The results are self-explanatory.

In the end, the VS won because they were never far behind and rule-changes and 4th favoritism at a critical time assisted them. VS general skill and organization combined with these factors was decisive.

Finally, I grow really tired of saying this but here it is again: While Devs have the right to declare whatever faction they wish as their personal favorites (much like I can freely say TR is my favorite faction) the SOE dev team in general are not morons eager to destroy their own game - they can not afford faction favoritism because it messes up their game. A messed up game become dull and boring, a boring game is soon abandoned. AN ABANDONED GAME WILL NOT PAY YOUR BILLS OR FEED YOU.
    • Up x 3
  20. Nerp

I just rejoined, and I've noticed that Waterson TR pop falls below 30% during prime time, so don't use that argument.

Anyway, coming from a BR70 TR, these are my thoughts on this. Every empire always seemed slightly better at something, and weaker at something else. TR had air superiority and ground vehicle superiority, but our infantry seemed weaker than the other factions. Of course, this led to ESF buffs for the other factions and a nerf to the prowler's damage slightly. Then came the Vulcan, which tore through everything at close range, and air at any range. This was nerfed, but it's still very effective at close range and against air, like it always was.

For the NC, they have superior guns. I would exchange my TR guns for NC guns any day, since TR guns feel more "Less risk, less reward", and more noob friendly. It could also be argued that the reaver is now better than the mossie due to its high damage. I often feel like I'd trade my m18 for a vortek, since each shot actually counts on the vortek. I can't really speak much for the vanguard since I don't know much about it, aside from its shield which is extremely useful. Often, I feel like I'd rather have an enforcer instead of my vulcan, due to it being effective at any range, instead of simply being superior at one range. I would still say that the NC are well balanced for the most part however.

The VS is where things get weird however. When I first started playing, I felt that their weapons were kind of bleh, but not as much as the TR's, and I thought their ESFs were the most disadvantaged due to their weird maneuvering. The Magrider just seemed like something extremely difficult to operate, and it was disadvantaged further by being unable to aim as high. I always felt like the VS was inferior in nearly every field, but now, I feel that the VS are at an advantage over the other factions in most fields. For instance, their maxes are a nightmare for me. They're extremely difficult to kill due to their movement speed, and they tear up my harasser very easily. I don't think any other AV max can do so much damage, so quickly to a ground vehicle. They can take out tanks faster than my halberd harasser with maxed reload speed for crying out loud! The Saron also feels very powerful now. It might be that my gunner misses a lot, but when I have to face a saron harasser, they often win out against my halberd harasser. This is amplified in rough terrain, where I'd usually excel against other halberds because I can outmaneuver them. The Saron can just spray, and if they miss one shot, they can still hit the others.

I do feel that there is some favoritism towards the VS especially, while the other two factions aren't as loved. The difference isn't significant, but it's there.
    • Up x 1