Stuttering, horrible performance - post here

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by codeForge, Oct 25, 2013.

1. BSODAaron

Yeah I can play fine I usually get between 25-30 fps on live, been getting stutters and spikes but not as bad on test with this new patch did help me a lot so far but still had stutters and now crashing when I die or just running or driving around on test
  2. Crzy1

I'm getting bad frame rates, also. Seems to be tied to the HUD, again. With the hud on, I get stuttering and large FPS drops (GPU usage is wild, goes from 30% to 99% constantly while moving), with it off, the game seems to stay north of 60 FPS sometimes pushing towards 70 (about 99% GPU usage across both GPUs) or so at the Indar VS warpgate. It's not a video memory issue, the game hardly ever passes 1.1GB of VRAM usage. Had the same problem on live a couple of months back, not sure why it keeps coming up.

All of this is with Ultra settings and GPU particles off at 2560x1440 on Live and Test servers.

Windows 7 64 Bit
    Core i7 950 @ 3.8GHz
    12 GB of RAM
    GTX 480 SLi w/ 331.58 WHQL drivers

Would recommend that people who have stuttering turn off the HUD and see if it stops, the last time it happened on live it seemed to only effect multi-gpu systems, but it may be having issues with single GPU setups as well on the test server.

Quick Edit: Just turned on frame rate smoothing and it feels like the game isn't stuttering, but frame rates are still worse than live hanging around 30 FPS with the HUD on and GPU usage is still all over the place.
  3. Puppy

I get random freezes. Sometimes I can't barely type out a message.

Windows 7 and the rest is below.
  4. Swatmat

getting better performance, but with SLI on the fps is higher than without, but there is a stutter that makes it feel like its below 30, despite fps actually displaying as above 70
  5. Scure

I had stuttering 2 days ago on test server. I played on Indar and i tried to fly with my Mosquito, but i started to get stuttering... I died, tried to Deploy at a new place. Then i got a long loading screen (~2minutes) and when the game finally loaded i started to get 1-10FPS. I had to close the game. I think it's some kind of memory problem.
    Settings: 1280x1024
    Rendering distance: max
    Ultra settings
    Motion Blur and Fog Shadows: OFF

PC:
    Win7 SP1 64bit
    AMD Phenom II X4 965 3,4Ghz
    Sapphire HD6870 1GB
    4GB RAM
  6. Brusilov

I got an steady fps of 50-60 FPS on test most of the time. (fine by me :p)

But I do get killed a lot by enemy's i don't see or when i see them they are impossible for me to kill..

When I see what's shooting me I shoot back and see my hits land but do no damage at all and a instant later I bite the dust.

sys spec in my sig.
  7. noobindo

Well, I tested optimization on 2 systems - XP and 7x64

Game still crash on XP - out of memory. Also I get periodically freeze. Game freeze for few seconds, then run smooth for same few seconds, then freeze, then run and so on. Sometimes this freeze gone without a reason. It's funny that I have 4Gb of ram and system see 3.5. And one my friend play this game on XP and have only 3Gb of ram. He has crashes, but not freezing. And I remember that thre wasnt nothing like this when I drop game after GU7 or 8. I get it only when come back after GU14.

FPS jumping in both OS. From 58 to 1. It a bit more stable in 7, but far from perfect.

PC
    E8600
    4Gb
    HD6930
  8. ItZMuRdA

I wouldn't say I have "horrible performance," but there is definitely some frame drops, spiking, and/or hitching going on and I don't know why. I don't have anything enabled that I shouldn't, with the same settings that I run on live:

Medium Graphics Quality
    High Texture Quality
    100% Render Quality
    1000 Render Distance
    Everything else Low, or if it can be turned Off then it is Off.

I'm experiencing perfect FPS, fighting at Allatum at an average of 90-100 FPS, then I will drop down to 20~ for a second, maybe a couple seconds sometimes. It seems to happen once or twice a minute, and may increase in frequency the longer I play. After playing for an hour last night, it was happening every few seconds and I had to restart my client to even have a playable experience again. Here's my technical specs:

CPU: Intel Core i7-3770K Ivy Bridge 3.5GHz @ 4.8GHz
    CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D14
    GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 660 Ti FTW+ 3GB
    RAM: G.SKILL Sniper 16GB DDR3 1866Hz @ 2000Hz
    SSD: Crucial RealSSD C300 128GB
    HDD: Western Digital Black 1TB
    Storage: 3x Western Digital Green 2TB
    Motherboard: ASUS Sabertooth Z77
    Power Supply: Corsair HX 850W
    Case: Antec 1200
    Keyboard: Logitech G19
    Mouse: Razer Naga 2014
    Mouse Surface: Razer Goliathus Extended Control Pad
    Headphones: Audio Technica ATH-AD700
    Microphone: Logitech Desktop Microphone
    Monitors: ASUS 24" 144Hz VG248QE and LG 23" LCDs

Hope it helps, thanks!
  9. notw2

Just an Update from myself here, after the 2 unknown hotfixes My Fps generally has increased to where I am getting 80-100 frames through out the terrain.
    Small Bases I get 60-80 frames in
    Big bases Such as tech plants,Biolabs, And Amp stations drop to 45-60 fps

Thing is though this is with Noone In them and the fps goes all over its never a steady rate It will be at say 30 then 60 in secs then down to 45 then back up to 55 so its hard to say and thats without moving btw
    Other things are With even small group of Enemy players having a battle say 12-24 enemy's in a location say one of the bio labs the frames drop down to 30s with that little bit of players so
    Hopefully you still have some work ahead of you to get that straight.
    Id like to not drop below 35 at least in a large scale battle
  10. Gammit

I've grown very tired of the random hitching. While it's better on test, it still happens. So I decided to throw Microsoft's Procmon on my second monitor next to a clock and task manager (performance tab).

Verified overclocking software (such as Asus AI and EVGA PrecisionX) where uninstalled, turned off all unnecessary programs and services, turned off SLI, unplugged any extra USB devices, and reloaded my BIOS to its original settings, then rebooted and ran PS2.

I marked the times I experienced a hitch at the crown on a piece of paper, and then saved the procmon file when I finished capturing.
    Here is what I noticed:

1. my fps STILL drops by ~10 fps like clockwork whenever I use a scope on a rifle. Aiming down sights does NOT cause this, only through a scope.

2. the few times I experienced a hitch, it corresponded with a something similar to the following:

PlanetSide2.exe FASTIO_READ E:\Planetside 2\Resources\Assets\Assets_229.pack SUCCESS

The Asset pack number changed, but it was always a FASTIO involving an Asset pack.

3. I noticed much of the following as well:

PlanetSide2.exe RegQuery Value HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Video\{numbers}\0000\Attach.PrimaryDevice NAME NOT FOUND

4. As well as:

PlanetSide2.exe FASTIO_READ E:\Planetside 2\Planetside2.exe FAST IO DISALLOWED

I don't know if this helps, but I'm willing to continue with any similar testing or provide the ProcMon logs to the dev team.
  11. AnuErebus

I have dropped about 15 FPS in general on the test server. On live I get 60 fps at wargate, dropping to at most 40 FPS in the largest battles. On Test I was getting about 45 frames at warpgate and the lowest I saw was 25 fps in a relatively small battle (24v24). One thing to note is I'm constantly GPU bound on the test server whereas on live I'm only ever GPU bound at 60+ fps. The only time I managed to make myself CPU bound was by setting everything to low or off and reducing render quality to 50% at which point I was able to be CPU bound at 150 frames.

CPU: i1-3610QM
    GPU: GTX 670M
    RAM: 12gb DDR 3
    Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit
  12. bobek388

Ok I play on the same high settings as on live with gpu prarticles off and shadows on low. Mostly game runs fine with 30-60 fps. But every once in a while it starts to stutter a lot, and when it starts to stutter then it looks like this: 5 seconds I run around with no stuttering then game stutters/freezes for a second or longer and then it's fine again for a couple of seconds, then after couple of minutes or sometimes even after tens of minutes stuttering stops and game runs fine again. I've noticed that when stuttering starts it's worst when I fire my weapon or look around rapidly.
    Same stuttering happens on live servers but less often. I have also noticed that stutter is not dependant on the scale of a battle, sometimes it happens when there's no battle around and it always happens for a little while when I spawn in a new place and for a few seconds after I drop pod.
    My pc specs are:
    Radeon HD6870 1gb
    Intel i5 2320
    4gb ram ddr3
    Windows 7 64gb not sure which sp though, it should be the newest one.
  13. Raap

While I have a higher FPS on Test, what I also have is stuttering and even complete freezes or invisible/warping players and vehicles as I first load them, which I do not have on Live.

Smoothing appears to have no effect on this. Same settings on both clients, GPU particles off and no SLI.

Nvidia 760 GTX 2GB
    Intel i7 2600 @ 3.4GHz
    6GB RAM
    Win7 64bit, latest releases
    GPU driver version: 331.58

Edit: Tested prior to latest hotfix.
  14. Tailzor

For the past two months, I had to disable Crossfire when playing on the live server. For some reason, my FPS would drop by 20-30 whenever I moved my mouse. Crossfire disabled eliminated this problem but also gave me worse FPS. On the test server I get 70-90 in the WG with Crossfire enabled, but I can't tell if it drops when I pan due to the massive stutters (sometimes it goes from 90 to 30). Overall my FPS is great on high settings, but the stuttering makes it unplayable.

Radeon HD 6850 Crossfirex 2.2 GB
    Intel i5 2500k @ 3.3 GHz
    8 GB RAM
    Win 7 64-bit
    Latest AMD driver
  15. Chipay

Getting some stuttering in 3rd person while i was strafing in ESFs, it's not fps that's dropping and Vsync doesn't help either.

I7-3630QM
    GTX 675m 2GB
    12 GM RAM
    Updated drivers
    Win 7 64-bit
  16. [HH]Mered4

My specs:
    i7-2620M @2.8GHz
    NVS 2400M <-- THIS is why my FPS sucks
    8G DDR3
    nVidia driver for GPU: (released as 320.92, system identifies as 327.02)
    Win 8.1 64-bit

My issues:

The game loads at least 3 times as slow as it does on live. Usually it takes me a minute or two to go from the launchpad to the login screen, and another minute to load the world.

Now, its taking 4-5 minutes just to get to the char select screen. :(

My FPS is marginally better, however, smoothing actually seems to make it worse, ESPECIALLY when flying. The regular times I would get stutter, like crossing the horizon with my view or changing zoom/thermal view modes, were made worse, while my usual frames were smoother. Not sure if this is intended. I will continue using it to see if I can utilize the feature, but so far I am not optimistic.

EDIT: TEN minutes to get to the login screen.

Its still loading. :(
  17. R3dBeaver

i agree. this is a huge issue.
    umm... yeah. they're supposed to. i'm sorry you got bad internet connection but if i got good ping, i dont want the game to compensate THAT much to accomodate the (I assume) few with bad connectivity.

i like the idea, but holy hell, no dude. dont use those numbers.

my server ping is under 35ms. i can understand setting a baseline of 50 so everyone up to 100 can have a better chance... but i dont want 200ms lol.... and i doubt (for me playing in Waterson anyway) it takes about 500ms (half a sec is a long time!) to get the kill registered, and im pretty sure when i 1-shot people or pop their head open, it's less than half a sec to get the "kill notification pop-up" which i assume the indicator of server-registered hit.

again a lot of assumptions, but i just want to share my opinion that setting a minimum lag cap needs to be done in consideration of both people with high AND low ping...
  18. Bolticus

AMD Phenom II x4 955 BE
    Nvidia 9500 GT @ 715/520
    4 GB DDR3 RAM
    Windows 7 x64

The game is running the same as it is on live, except for medium/low settings. The second I turn graphics to high, My GPU has a little temperature spike and from the effect on the FPS, it looks like a glitch of some sort. I'll go from 40 FPS in the warpgate at medium to 13-15 FPS at high.

The game is also maxing out my ram. The game uses 1.8-1.9 GB (50-100 mb of ram free) , and then I freeze for 10-20 secs when approaching facilities, even if they're empty. The game either crashes, or plays for a while longer with a lot of stuttering and freezing.

Also, even in small battles, I can only manage 20-25 FPS max. This is the same as Live.
  19. Zotamedu

I get random stuttering that does not show in the FPS meter. It seems like I get much better performance because I tried boosting some settings and still got a steady 60 fps according to the meter. I quickly noticed that I got some strange stutter. So now I tried again with the exact same settings as I use on live and I still got stutter.

This is my computer:
    Intel Core i7 3770
    AMD Radeon 7870
    Two 24" 1920x1200 monitors
    16 GB DDR3 RAM (2x8 GB)
    Samsung 830 SSD
    Windows 7 Pro 64-bit
  20. Gammit

Is the game on your SSD, or another mechanical HD not listed?