OMFG: Phase 1 to Test!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by codeForge, Oct 21, 2013.

1. Ender

I already got decent frames in almost all fights, so I copied my .ini file over from live and turned shadows back on too. Perma-GPU bound (great thing) and absolutely noticeable frame jump. Start telling your friend's that have "quit" now, because this could quite possibly re-vitalize Planetside 2. Bravo codeForge and devs, it seems the wait was definitely worth it.

This was with 48+ TR at The Crown and a good amount of NC and VS as well. Awesomeness all around.
    • Up x 1
  2. Dalt Wisney

Omg, or let's say OMFG - just left Amerish Warpgate with at least 85, an average of 90 and minutes with 100 FPS. Hooray!
    • Up x 1
  3. Tytos

Holy mother of **** !
  4. Dalt Wisney

Ok, it drops sometimes but it is definitely much better
    Splitpeak Pass low 56 hi 90
    Mekala TechPlant low 55 hi 92
    Esamir leaving Warpgate in a Reaver some 90 m over ground: 88-100
    Esamir Freyr Amp Station lo 60 hi 120!!
    Hi is while running and looking around, not gazing at the floor :)
    Btw: looking in the sky 136 FPS :)

But there is a bug in Freyr - during an AmpStation alert we own the substation which is connected to the AmpStation, but I can't flip A. It doesn't show a lock msg, it just doesn't work. Same to you?
  5. Dalt Wisney

Exactly what I feel about it...
    • Up x 1
  6. Sekaszy

• Up x 2
  7. PLooschacK

OK, so I gained areound 25% more FPS in all circumstances - from 40 to 50 in the warpgate and up to 35 in Platoon vs Platoon Biolabd fights. Alt+F idicates that now I'm GPU bound. That's cool.

Unfortunately, this patch did nothing with huge lag spikes \ server lag \ desynchronization during those large fights. Enemies are still appearing in random places, teleporting instead of moving (hooray for flying Prowlers or Subterreanian Reavers...) and my actions are still resolved after some time - 10 to 30 seconds later.
  8. Lazaruz

Just some quick first impression from the test server in video form... because I'm too lazy to type :eek:

• Up x 1
  9. NC_agent00kevin

10. Bonom Denej

I just launched the test server this morning for the first time ever, I still have to do direct comparison with the live server, but with the first thing I noticed is that in the Warpgate, I was GPU bound at 80fps on high settings when at medium settings I was CPU bound at 50fps max usually... So, that's promising. I'll do more test this evening to compare.

Running a first gen i7 920 with 8gigs of RAM and two GTX570 in SLI (desactivated for those tests).
  11. Bloodlet

To the people who have logged in to test, are there enough people around to get accurate results? Obviously it takes more processing power to render a bunch of other players and vehicles than it does to be in an area by yourself.
  12. Phyr

I think the largest battle I was at had <100 people. Really need a 200+ fight on A at a tech plant. BUT! There is noticeable improvement.
  13. Bonom Denej

• Up x 1
  14. codeForge

We're getting some pretty big fights, more than 100 people easily, but I'd love to hang around the 500 person range. We're ramping up to that, but before we have any super major events we want to fix the problems that large percentages of users are experiencing.
  15. daniel696

In a fight at NIGHT with 48+ vs 48+ I get 29 37 fps, but at the same fight at day i get 22 - 30, without fog
  16. soeguud

Crash on alt tab (to fix the score board whilst stuck on spawn menu thing.. another problem as it turns out) and crash on exit. Which is bloody hilarious. Since launch it's been a problem.
  17. MorganM

Can't wait!

Crash on close ... it's just pure comedy this game ALWAYS crashes for me when closing. A few months ago it actually worked; I could gracefully close the app. Then the next patch... bah-bam... back to crashing EVERY time I try to close the game. Stabaility DURING game play has been great and steadily getting better but somehow it always crashes on close. At least it's only on close and not during a pitched battle =)
  18. Targanwolf

WHY IS IT SO DIFFICULT TO FIND A LINK TO THE BETA CLIENT ?
    if you want people to test .
  19. Hrafnagaldr

20. Hrafnagaldr