MAX killers

Discussion in 'MAX' started by Lightwolf, Oct 13, 2013.

1. MaxDamage

NC MAX units are the best killers of MAXes because unlike LA C4 fairies, they don't take damage from other MAXes fast enough to be concerned except at med-long range.. and can put up a shield and drop an enemy MAX in the time it takes to blink.
  2. Lazaruz

What kills MAX's?

TR and NC MAX's die to C4 and Decimators.
    ZOE MAX's die of old age.
    • Up x 1
  3. Posse

My squad leader saying "redeploy to Warpgate now!"
    • Up x 3
  4. Quiiliitiila

Funny but true :p I HATE it when I've been running as a MAX and my squad/platoon/whatever decides to jump ship to another continent or just re-group at the WG...

Question though, can you use a warp terminal (the ones that bring you to different continents) as a MAX? I never thought to try that :p might save me some resources in the future.
  5. Tommyp2006

Fractures, Decimators (or stock dumbfires) C4, AV nades, and tank cannons work best. If you throw a AV nade and time your decimator to hit at the same time it can be an instant kill. Fractures are fantastic at is, as are ZOE comets and Ravens/Falcons if you can hit with them.
  6. Posse

Never tried it, but I think you should be able to (I never was in that situation)
  7. Schwak

******* LANCERS!
  8. Xasapis

You can and you deploy as a MAX in the new continent.
  9. Quiiliitiila

Nice, I'll try to get back to WG now instead of suiciding my MAX when the squad leaves.
  10. MykeMichail

Shrike does okay. Guy in this video clearly wasn't using composite though.

11. Posse

I miss the old times when you could redeploy as a MAX, hit Squad Deploy, and drop as a MAX.
  12. MavCooL

Thissss...
    Fracture is the only thing I'm afraid right now

Dumb fire?? nah I can dodge that
    C4?? meh
    Tank?? I eat tanks for breakfast
    ESF?? It hover for 1s or more, it dies
    Another Max without Fracture?? they will putting a good fight but I still eat them everyday
  13. Pikachu

Just dont trust the falcon description which says its a good weapon against MAX. It might have been back then but even then shotguns were a much better option.
  14. SwedishLlama

I can verify this. Enemies are always what ends up killing me. *Shakes head in disbelief* Enemies are OP
  15. Ripshaft

It's clear that despite all the complaints on this forum about enemies, SOE does nothing to address the problem. Clearly they're just out to sell us more overpriced goods, those dirty dirty greedmongers!!! They cant even see that enemies are causing so much problems in the game right now, the game would be perfect if enemies were fixed, but they just dont care!!@#$
  16. Singed

If you're infantry try:
    C4 traps
    Concussion grenades and Decimators
    UBGL from a distance wears them down nicely
    AV grenades deal significantly more damage to maxes.
  17. oherror

NC max = running out of ammo and no healz. Zoe Max.
    TR max = friendly fire most of the time. Or a NC max that has ammo. Or a zoe max. or a tank.
    Venu max = NC Max with ammo. Friendly fire......hurt bad with ZOE on.
  18. TTex11

Typically if you need to take down a MAX, the Heavy Assault is the best equipped to do so quickly, assuming you aren`t a Light Assault that managed to get his C4 right on target on a non-flak victim. We`ll assume for the sake of this exercise that you have to kill a MAX on foot and dig them out of a room they`re entrenched in; - the hard way.

Heavy Assault Anti-MAX Loadout
    Decimator (default launcher will also work but this gives you extra punch that is always important)
    Anti-Vehicle grenade
    Autoshotgun

Begin by tossing the AV grenade into the room that contains the enemy MAX. Obviously try to get as close as you can, but this is easier said than done with an alert opponent. If you don`t manage to hit him with the grenade, proceed with the plan anyway. ANY damage the AV grenade causes is icing on the cake sets up for your attack as you...

....open up with the Decimator. A direct hit to a MAX will cause a huge amount of damage and briefly fill their entire view with smoke fire and pain. As soon as you have fired, switch to your auto shotgun and unload. During this WHOLE attack you need to be aggressive. You cannot simply pop in and out of cover, you need to be a kamikaze. You are the Divine Wind. Get up next to them and latch on, even if it means you catch yourself in the blast radius of your own rocket. Pull that trigger on the shotgun and don`t let go as you unload the entire clip at their head. If they are somehow still standing even after that, pull out your pistol (Commissioner is great for this) and let loose because they`re probably hanging on by the barest thread of health. Assuming the MAX wasn`t ready for you and exploded you as soon as you stepped into view, one of two outcomes will come from this.

You will either kill the MAX outright as you apply a tremendous amount of damage in a matter of seconds (this is why the Autoshotty is the best for this, as it dumps huge spike damage in a short time period).

You may not succeed in killing the MAX due to several missed shots, or they had Charge equipped and withdrew in panic when you started hitting them hard. Chances are you also dead, but it is very likely you have just caused a huge amount of damage to them, leaving them extremely vulnerable for someone else to finish off.

The key to killing MAXes is aggression. Playing peek-a-boo is just going to get your face shot out the back of your helmet. Don't be afraid of them. Accept that some of you are going to die. Swarm them, dogpile them and overwhelm them and they go down surprisingly quick.
    • Up x 1
  19. Metal Insomniac

My "Punisher" class:

Heavy Assault with:
    Nanoweave 5
    Resist Shield
    NS-15M LMG
    Concussion Grenade
    Decimator

I use the NS-15M as my medium-short range LMG. Extremely easy to control with decent DPS. It makes for easy head shots.

Step 1: Find a MAX. Carefully aim your Decimator at his face, and fire. If he has company, first throw a concussion grenade in his general vicinity.
    Step 2: If it hits, flip on your shield, switch to LMG, and shoot at his head until his shiny metal *** meets the ground.
    Step 3: If your rocket misses, find cover and revert back to Step 1.

This strategy combined with equips works wonders for enemy MAXs. It is somewhat difficult to pull off against ADAD spamming ZOE's, however. But if you do hit them, they're going to die much quicker. My success rate is approximately 70%.

Hope this helps!
    • Up x 1
  20. Geneaux

Unfortunately it won't work to well in a hectic zerg moshpit.