[Video] - Nanoweave is getting out of control

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Mustarde, Oct 13, 2013.

1. Kunavi

I do not want it EASIER. It wasn't my intention to argue on Cloaking either. I am no Skill God by any degree, just good at what I do- Or average? Not sure, don't care, it's sufficient. I am terribly sorry that my abilities intimidate you, my bad for learning how to aim in FPS using BASRs, what can I say. The OHK mechanic is essential in Sniping, you can't just shove it like that- Examine all FPS, see how and why they work this way and you may actually get it. What you do, which is incredibly easy, negates what I do; You MOVE, I can't get you. Adding a NW crutch literally stops me from being able to benefit from half of a Class's arsenal and style of play. I can't ask you to stand still, but if I'm going to take that opportunity and if my aim is good, I should have an impact proportionate to what I just did.

And if NW5 should stop BASR Head-Shot OHK, then I want a BASR Cert Line or a Suit Slot item increasing Dmg so it can all be square.

Thanks for actually reading too.
  2. Earthman

Since we're back to square one here:

No. You're expecting to it to remain unexamined, but examined it will be. Do we REALLY need, absolutely, without a doubt, a "headshot with sniper rifle is always a one-hit-kill" mechanic?

What is your argument? Tradition? Again, this sounds like nearly religious belief: "we have always done it this way, we will always do it this way, defy the traditions and receive a paddling".

You even capitalized sniping! Maybe it's just sloppy writing, but it might be a Freudian slip: sniping is so damn important to your gaming life that it has specific tenets and edicts that must be obeyed.

Examine "all" FPS? You may not want to do that. I can think of several examples that don't even HAVE sniper rifles, let alone a one-hit mechanic. A cheap easy example would be the Heretic/Hexen series, but there are more. Expand your mind.

Back to the point: no. We don't need to remove nanoweave, and for that matter, if you're very very far away from things, you'll have to shoot twice to get your no-retaliation K/D ratio padding. So far that's the way things are.
    • Up x 1
  3. KoS-1

Can any one link where SoE states NW# will stop a upper tier sniper rifle?

I keep hearing NW is working as intended and yet I've not seen where SoE has said it.

Again I'll reiterate, SoE has stated upper tier sniper riles will one hit head shot people, no if's or but's about it. There is no mention of any NW able to mitigate that.

So until SoE fixes the issue or modifies their current policy/statements. Mustarde and others have a legit complaint, unlike the flak thread. Which is a personal opinion piece.
  4. KoS-1

5. Earthman

I don't buy it.

This sounds like "I found a piece of wood in the Himalayas, so Noah's Flood happened exactly like Sunday School told me!"

Devs say stuff all the time. They also make mistakes, change their minds, change directions. One little piece of canonized dogma doesn't command any respect from me.
  6. Ryme

If you could link that statement, it would go a long way towards resolving this discussion.

*nvm, you did it.
  7. Earthman

I could salad-bar any number of things devs have said for many games over the years, and the sheer level of contradictions alone would require its own Wiki.

So boo hoo. Get closer or shoot twice.
  8. JimRussle

Shooting twice means bolt actions have the highest TTK of any weapon
  9. Earthman

And?

You get to do it really far away and your K/D ratio is spared, and may be padded with a little more time and patience.

I don't see the problem.
  10. KoS-1

Maybe reading sometime will help people like yourself. I posted the links on the second page of this thread.

Here are the links again for the obtuse. It's not Devs saying ****...it's SOE, offical policy. A big difference.

https://www.planetside2.com/news/large-caliber-snipers
    https://www.planetside2.com/faq

As for your last statement, did you even read what I said in my last paragraph? It doesn't matter if they change their mind or what direction they go. But update their info, especially for those who pay a sub.
  11. Littleman

Then use semi-autos. Two head shots. Dead. At the ranges you want to operate, the second round could very well be well on its way before the first even hits. Of course, lining up that consecutive shot so quickly WOULD require an impressive feat of skill...
  12. Earthman

Take some deep, deep breaths.

First off, they do, without the equipment being worn to countermeasure it. We could take the idea of a lock-on weapon hitting a target and say the devs totally lied to us and deceived us because there's a cooldown ability to thwart the missile in flight.

Second, you're still over-weighing this as if its Biblical law or some sort of legal contract. It isn't. As self-important as your type tend to be, you're a customer playing a video game and nothing more.
    • Up x 1
  13. Ryme

You are correct then. A SOE rep stated that only a heavy with active overshield should survive a headshot from those sniper rifles. And while it makes no mention of bonuses from cert upgrades, it did at face value promise that "kills are sure to roll in" against all but HA's. At the very least, I feel unsatisfied Infiltrators have grounds to petition SOE for a refund on the purchase of a weapon that is not performing as promised.

That said, I feel that warrants a buff to the sniper rifles mentioned in that post, rather than a nerf to NW.
    • Up x 1
  14. JimRussle

Bolt actions deserve high ttk because your KDR is normally higher? An infil with 5 kills and 1 death is somehow doing better than a medic with 40 kills 40 deaths.
  15. Earthman

Funny. At ranges closer than "oh god please dont shoot back my K/D ratio!" these things still can and will one-hit-kill, especially the 800 damage models.

Technically it's still happening anyway, even if it's not as easy as you want it to be.
  16. Earthman

The medic is "doing better" if he's keeping a squad up to keep the pressure on a capture objective or to keep a defensive position alive.

Of course in Sniperland only one thing matters, ever.
  17. m44v

You can't be serious.
  18. Earthman

Sometimes I wonder if you guys are truly that serious about your absolute, no compromise, must-always-happen obsession with one hit kills on your sniper rifles, no matter what.

I see it all here: range shouldn't be a factor. One hit kills even to the furthest connectable range.

Accessories shouldn't matter. It is too punishing for some to fire without a suppressor, because any relevant penalty violates the sacred one-hit-kill law.

So no, I wonder if you guys are that serious about this. It sounds almost obsessive.
    • Up x 1
  19. JimRussle

You bring up KDR as a measure worth balancing the infil for and then you proceed to say infils are the ones who care about KDR

Can't make an argument more circular than that.
  20. Littleman

I can.

Why is it that all of these "skilled" snipers refuse to use the family of sniper rifles that aren't meant to one shot but to multi-shot... especially against guys that can't be one shot?

Because they're rating themselves too highly, when really they're working at the base level of sniping. Anyone can head shot stationary targets through a 12x lense with a little practice, and I mean anyone. It's not some super secret elite ninjutsu skill obtained via a montage representing five years of irrelevant exercises. Lining up two consecutive shots one right after the other with the ridiculous recoil of the semi-auto however? Props to that guy. My NW was useless thanks to how short that TTK will be, and packet frequency. Ideally, by the time I realize I'm hit, the server is telling me about the second round lodged into my skull if the sniper isn't a hesitant sloth at the trigger.

Or you could, and hear me out on this... work as a sniper team and coordinate shooting the same target.

It's an issue with the snipers, not the guns, and not the NW. They have the tools, they just refuse to rise to the challenge.

But seriously, NW is over abundant. We need better ESF AI noseguns and HE tanks back to encourage more people back into flak, though in my opinion a lot of stuff regarding infantry load outs and weapons balanced needs reworked, and not piece meal like usual, I mean it all has to change at the same time. Making NW worthless beyond the first cert point however? Stupid move.