I tried the NC for the first time today, 4 hours later and my verdict.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Gundem, Oct 11, 2013.

1. Goretzu

I'd agree, to a degree, if the results weren't so stark.

With the NC being dead last every week, and only having won once on any server (last week) - even with the best Warp Gate position.

There's something/somethings driving that, it's not random occurance.
  2. Divinorium

No.

The NC6 is a good gun when you are stand still.

If you are stand still 90% of the time you will die.

Infantry isn't made to stand still.

A NC6 user is easy certs to Snipers.

PS: i Have auraxiam with that. And i'm going to say. 70% of theses kills came from holding a door.

"So it's good at CQC nerf! fast".
    NO IDIOT. I just had SO MUCH strategic advantage over the ppl who i was shooting at that the weapon i was using didn't matter.

When you are guarding a door where the only line of sight the enemy can see you is the one you can see them. with half of your body behind cover, with support and your flanks covered by your team, the weapon you use doesn't matter.

Now try to use this piece of **** outside of this situation and you will notice how sundenly the amount of headshots you receive will skyrocket. Why? Because to use the SAW you NEED to be stand still and crouched if possible.

Infantry in this position is dead infantry. Mobility > Firepower. That's why you don't see TR max anchoring. they win firepower but lose mobility.

Now imagine yourself using a weapon where you need to anchor yourself to use. That's the NC6 Gauss Saw.
  3. Goretzu

The NC6 is good at what it is good at, using it correctly doesn't really come into it (you can't "use it correctly" to make it more accurate when moving, for example).

However it's much more than just the NC6, take a look at the Anchor, slower RoF, harder to handle (IMO at least) and less DPS than its equiverlents.

It's lots of little things adding up IMO, along with some stuff like AI MAXs being very situational, the NC having nothing to compete with the Fracture AI-wise (and it's a very, very good AI support weapon), Pheonixes being well Pheonixes, etc.
  4. Brayton

That's what I've been saying, all of the NC weapons ahve features of battle rifles, which are meant for long range combat. Yet we're supposed to get up close to people.

Do you realize how schizophrenic that is?!
    • Up x 3
  5. lothbrook

I wonder if people realize that when they say things like "it takes more skill to get an equivalent score of other weapons used by lesser skilled players." they're actually saying the weapon is underpowered, lol.

By that logic a br 100 getting a similar score with an enforcer modified to that of a BR 1 given a marauder means the enforcer is balanced.
    • Up x 2
  6. Goden

I honestly have no problems using NC guns to the same level of effectiveness as the guns on my TR and VS characters. I really don't see why it is such a big deal. Some guns need tweaks, yeah. Entire faction being UP? Lol what?
  7. hostilechild

I freakin love people who crouch. I have never lost a fight to a crouch playstyle. But then as NC i aim for the chest (now your head) and let recoil get headshots. If your crouch i just have to pull down a bit more. TR/VS can aim for the head and practice that, so as NC if you crouch they will shoot over your head a lot. BUT good VS/TR players will just ADS dance and destroy your crouching tiger style. Now if you don't run/gun and just find nice little hiding spots to ambush from crouch for the win.

There is such a small difference between most tr/vs/nc weaponry that skill and latency still trump everything else. I do twice as well as VS/TR but if i started a new NC i would most likely have twice the K/D still. There are only a few things that need balancing and they are empire specific, and forget nerfing just boost the lesser ones ;-)
  8. Aegie

Evidence?
  9. Goden

I'm not talking about kills - I'm talking about how the guns handle.

Besides, I had to remake the character to move it to another server because SOE chickened out on tokens.
  10. Aegie

Well, I hope you will not be offended if I do not take your word for it given all the other times people make this same claim and it ends up being either a flat out lie or total exaggeration.
    • Up x 2
  11. HerpTheDerp

So if I find someone who uses SAW and has crap stats, will that prove you wrong?

Or does your cherrypicking of personal stats only work one way - in your favor?

Personal stats are meaningless. If you want to know how good a weapon is, take the stats and apply some common sense. You don't need to look at personal stats. You don't even need to play the game at all. Just like you don't need to play Chess to know that Pawn is a less valuable piece than the Rook. You just need to use your brain.
    • Up x 1
  12. Goretzu

It is largely the same thing, ease of use is a "power" in and of itself.
    • Up x 1
  13. TheFullCologne

if i had to give final jugdement after playing tr and vs compared to my nc... pheww...
  14. Gundem

*peeks from behind the corner of large trash can lid*

Finally, you people have seen the light!

Now, I am genuinely sorry for lying before. I am an adult, and therefore I will take responsibility, regardless of if I said it when I was a caffeine high, psychotic, sleep deprived nutcase.

All I was saying, is that the NC 's close range handicap can be negated using skill. Now granted, they could use a more user-friendly starter LMG, and a few of their ES guns could be buffed, but overall the NC weapons are pretty dank.

Angry at my lack of kills? Your precious youtubers, look at them. Check their gun reviews. See at the top? Bronze and Silver medals. Yea. They are making a solid judgement based off of 10-25 kills. How does that make them any better then me?

My K/D is no better judge either. Look at my death feed, you'll find loads of /suicides. I use it almost exclusively to navigate, I never bother with redeploy. I like to actually enjoy playing, not fretting about K/D, going as far as logging off just to save it.

Though, I'm sorry I haven't posted any videos yet, I haven't quite had the time to play my NC, as either my VS buddies are on or I can't be on at all :\.
    • Up x 1
  15. Purg

3 suicides.

So we'll revise your K/D from 0.66 to 0.68. Makes all the difference. :p
  16. Gundem

I meant for my VS Toon, but yes, give me MOAR KD :D

Some of my deaths were from experimenting with Jackhammer shotgun, TheGloryOfSatanOfCourse was a char I made ages ago to test it and I died at least 25 times while only getting around 5 or so kills...

But really, I'm glad some of the Forumside has finally seen the point of my post :eek: