Why are TR so, "It isn't me/us, it's you" attitude?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Fredfred, Oct 9, 2013.

1. Dingus148

VS for ZOE, probably. I reckon it'll swing back to TR though...possibly due to mag size. Then it'll be NC for Vanny's (post harasser nerf) and Reavers.
  2. Herby20

The TR for a long period ( 3+ months in a row) had by far the lowest character creation rate, yet consistently had a high amount of active players. Not saying that is the only reason, but stats point to the average TR player just straight up playing the game more often. When you play more often, you get better.

Also, if NC on other servers are anything like the ones on Mattherson, the communication between outfits is horrendous.
  3. Theodwulf

People who gravitate to the op side NEED these games to feel "OK" about themselves..It goes for cheaters as well, you have to be bad , so they can be good . It's an empowerment fantasy for them, just thank God you aren't them.
  4. Goretzu

Not really.

If you Zerg for 6 months, you're likely NOT better than people fighting your Zerg for 6 months.
  5. PyroPaul

because they are the most powerful faction at the moment.

it happens in every game with every faction. when one faction is more powerful, then every one in that faction is simply 'better' then every one else and they ignore ever amount of fact, evidence, or argument to the contrary. The weaker faction is always the whiny, immature, 'CoD' players... so say the OP faction.

When NC had the Pop advantage and a noticeable edge in the game, they where mature and dedicated, while TR and VS where Immature kiddies and Cod Players. When VS had the advantage everything was Justified and Needed to counter act the other factions abilities, The other factions just didn't like that they didn't have anything Unique. And now that TR has the advantage, They are just Pro and every one else is L2P.
  6. Brayton

That's what I meant by Wonky.

Our tanks are only effective at long range, our rifles are only effective at long range. Our Maxes are only good at short range, our ESFs are only good at Short range. The NC is stuffed with extremes and nothing actually practical or balancing.
  7. Herby20

What?

"The TR for a long period ( 3+ months in a row) had by far the lowest character creation rate, yet consistently had a high amount of active players. Not saying that is the only reason, but stats point to the average TR player just straight up playing the game more often. When you play more often, you get better."

Do you not understand what that means? A high active amount of players but a low character creation rate means TR players were very active. It means they weren't getting bolstered by 4th factioners. It means they were always playing that faction, learning that faction, and getting better as players. Compound this with the TR having the smallest population on many of the severs a few months ago, and you have a recipe for better players finally having the mindless randoms being meatshields for them on those same servers.
  8. ShadowViper

I was on Matherson when the TR constantly fought against pop issues (not to our benefit). Meanwhile little was done to fix the huge population imbalance fluctuations we were having.

I'll be god damned if I need to listen to some little ***** whine about it now, where were you a couple months ago?

Don't whine at the TR, complain to Sony. It's their fault the population/balance is so terribad.
  9. Earthman

I hate the term "terribad" but I agree fully with you otherwise.

Connery's got Vanu dominating population and alerts at most hours. Yet even there they whine about TR imbalance/overpopulation, because the memes spewing from here guide them.

It's disgusting.
  10. Brayton

I'm only pissed because Waterson was actually getting balanced out. And then WDS happened.

Like the Vanu was getting involved finally, it was horrendously awesome.
    • Up x 2
  11. Goretzu

Zerging makes a faction fat and lazy, they just pour at a base and take it, they don't have to be good.

People that have been fighting against a Zerg have to be razor sharp to get any kills or victories at all.

So as I said being a dominant population faction does NOT equal them having better players at all (although every dominant faction in the history of MMOs thinks it does! :D ), just more players which is a very, very different thing.
  12. Schwarzpferd

Personally I do not see that happening. As of late I cry if I kill an nc because I only want to kill tr. It was not always this way, back in ps1 it was the opposite, but it has changed. NC players I have encountered lately are being more and more like good sports and fun and skillful. Tr have fallen big time.

Main issue is their arrogance. I don't care if I am outpopped or have to deal with lock ons, but when I get hate tells and the like when I kill them despite these odds and insulted when I die it gets annoying. Case and point one tr made a point to tell me that i suck in infantry combat after he killed me for the third time. Never once did he seem to take into consideration that he almost always plays HA and I was playing medic...yeah he killed me three times but in that fight i got three revive service ribbons.(45 revives)

This is common among them, they think the game is all about killing, and if they have to deal with loss they are poor sports (most not all) In one case I saw a tr squad capping some bases with no resistance so I thought I would provide a little resistance to make it fun for them. After getting insulted with hate tells and tbagged I figured why bother in future.. I will just let them cap boring base after base.

Mostly though, again, it is over pop. Sure you all claim it is not your fault, but let me ask you this....now i have played game back in beta and since launch so here is my question...in all the time I have played why is it that I have only heard one tr tell another tr in yell chat to basically stop gloating? Sure overpop may not be your fault, but you sure seem to have no problem when people post in yell chat things about we vs sucking or other insults. It is like bullying in real life, everyone decries it on social media but who stops it in real life? Or why do you all never say in yell chat or something, "Thanks for fighting vs despite pop imbalance.

In short you tr can run your mouth on forums when there is a topic about people hating you, but you cannot speak up in game when this stuff is going on. Lastly don't respond or quote this if you never sent a "gf" type message to enemy that tr beat with major pop advantage or if you never thanked someone for fighting when odds were against them.

I used to hate nc but after several of them started sending messages of "gf" and the like that hate was gone within a short time. Within about a month or so 5 or 6 nc being nice and mature in victory and defeat made me never want to kill another nc. Wheras in all the time I have been playing I can only name 2 tr players who made a memorable impression in victory and defeat.

So yeah if tr can balance out the maturity I will go back to balancing out my kills between empires, until then I live for nothing but blood of tr.
    • Up x 1
  13. Herby20

I honestly think you can't read.
  14. Goretzu

Well that might make two of us. :)

Just playing the game doesn't make you an incredible player, if all you are doing is Zerging into base after base and likely standing AFK waiting for the base to tick and perhaps firing the odd tank shell at a spawn shield.

However the players fighting against that Zerg will be fighting for their lives constantly and may well get signficantly better doing so.

I can't put it more plainly than that. :confused:
  15. Herby20

You are literally arguing my point for me, and you can't even realize it.

The TR for several months (3+) had the lowest character creation rates across all servers, and on multiple servers they had the lowest population. The difference is they had a very active player base. That means that, on average, TR players played more often and for longer periods of time.

Now tell me, how does a faction only zerg from base to base when they have the smallest population, and the smallest influx of new players? Why is it when that same faction starts to get an even population on those servers, they start dominating? This just doesn't apply to TR either, this applies to any faction on any server that spent a lot of time being the vastly underpopulated faction. When they finally get equal numbers, the good players can blend into crowds of average ones and do their job more effectively.

The TR had this exact same scenario happen to them on several servers. So when the populations started to level out thanks to the recommended server feature, they started winning a lot more.
  16. Dudeman325420

Until everyone realizes that they are all part of the problem, that's all
    it will ever be...
  17. Goretzu

Where is the data for this? :confused:

TR has has the highest global population for months now (months and months), since the VS Mag nerf in fact. Data or it didn't happen. :)
  18. Meeka

Personally, I'd much rather play TR with mostly NC weapons (yes, I own all the TR and NC and VS weapons that matter).

I'll trade you my Striker for your Phoenix.
    I'll trade you my Chaingun for your Jackhammer.
    I'll trade you my TMG-50 for your EM-6.
    I'll trade you my Mossie for your Reaver.
    I'll keep my Prowler though, while I love the Vanguard for its power, I just prefer speed.

Though, I'd rather trade Infil weapons with the VS... no bullet drop slug shotguns, semi-auto sniper rifles with no bullet drop that can kill quicker than any two bolt action shots.

NC rifles are slightly more difficult to aim but make up for it in powerhousing opponents, TRs are slightly easier to aim but take a hell of a lot more bullets to kill someone... and well, VS is ridiculously easy.

TR are the pretty bland faction weapon wise, sadly.
  19. Herby20

The original google docs that had a lot of the info is no longer available. However....

That is very, very wrong. And here is the proof:

http://sirisian.com/planetside2/population.php?world=9&timezone=0

The magrider nerf was a long *** time ago. February to be exact. But then how come TR populations have only been reaching the top spot on almost every server in the last month? My god, could it be because of the recommended server change? You know, the one instituted about a month ago that has helped level out populations across the board? That couldn't be could it? It is clearly because the TR have been "zerging for months" when they consistently only had the highest population on one or two servers. You are absolutely right.

In fact, the New Conglomerate had the highest population on almost every server for several months in a row. Maybe YOU should learn how to stop zerging.
  20. CDN_Wolvie

I'm sorry you had that experience, when I was playing NC for the past year, I had a few moments where messaging with the TR about a good fight or even just having a laugh as my Reaver bounced off a cliff face while their Mossie went after me. Some Waterson TR definitely knew to have good cheer in the /tells :)