Why are TR so, "It isn't me/us, it's you" attitude?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Fredfred, Oct 9, 2013.

1. Kociboss

Tomorrow shall be yours~
    • Up x 1
  2. whitupiggu

Stop trying to change the argument. I can see why the other person got tired of you.
    • Up x 1
  3. Ash87

Threads like this are fun. It's good to see the community is so close and polite to each other.

People don't just make things up, they actually think.
  4. Volnus

The strength goes
    Vs > NC Vs Or Tr Fight it out for yourselves.
    TR > NC

From someone who plays mainly NC I have to say we get wrecked in team fights. If we try to zerg it generally ends with the destruction of out galaxies and we are laid to waste by both of you (Vs and TR). Now you will be thinking "its because we are more skilled than you". Lets say that you are, but now look at it from a population point why join a population that is always losing. New players are more inclined to join factions that are winning which would lead me to believe that skill comes from all those people.

During our zergs when we try to lead our squads will die and then they say look at the map. We just see soooooo many enemies swarming us. We try to get air support, but our stupid reavers cant last in a dog fight against you guys. More Damage is not a trade off fore bad mobility we have seen that with the harassers. Extremley mobile does less damage, but good luck hitting it.

Then we have to deal with the maxes and here is the problem people argue that ours are better because of the close range superiority however they are useful only when the guy is standing in front of us. Even in Bio Lab battles you go behind a wall and are in different buildings so we get torn to shreds. The reason is that we can't get to you, and therefore are killed before we even get to get close enough.

Do you two (Vs and TR) think that you are so skilled that you can constantly beat us? That you don't have any advantage over us? You are wrong the reason that you wont admit that you have an advantage is because you would be nerfed and then you would have a "fair" fight.

Also,it takes a lot of skill to have the TR and VS who can beat us NC alone to team up and smack us around even more. You all talk such a big game but you want to look at the weapon difference, max difference, population difference, or how you team up with the VS?
    • Up x 1
  5. Cinnamon

I got tired of him earlier but I'm dogged.

I was not changing the argument I was replying to your points and explaining why you are not correct in your conclusion.

In fact the only direct "like for like" comparison where TR has a rof top end advantage is AR. In carbines and second issue SMG which are like for like VS has the higher rof. So it's actually 2 to 1 for VS making it more accurate to say that the VS trait is high rof from this test.
    • Up x 1
  6. whitupiggu

You are arbitrarily picking weapons with lower rof and saying they are better. Arguing with you will be pointless I see.
  7. Aegie

Just ignore the conversation, you are right that it is pointless. Any sensible person can see what is what.
    • Up x 1
  8. Cinnamon

Not sure where I did that but whatever. If people have good points to make then it might be interesting to carry on arguing but I agree at the moment it is pointless.
    • Up x 1
  9. Brayton

See, I don't think its entirely unbalanced stats wise. The problem is that for the NC to actually be a force to be reckoned with, we have to be a lot more coordinated then is possible for a game thats hoping to get people to just jump in a play for an hour or two then is actually possible.

A lot of people have said that the NC zerg isn't something to fear? When we get up close and we deny your air support, I've seen TR and VS actually run away from it. Our problem is we can't coordinate these zergs as well because at least on Waterson, there is some unknown beef or issue with the major outfits. That's changing and we started winning alerts again on Waterson until the WDS started.

Everything we've built up has gone to **** because of it. TR have fairly average gear, they're not great but they're not horrible, they're supposed to be versatile so you don't have to coordinate them as much as the VS or NC. The VS need a level of effort that is currently possible with the methods given and can actually pull things off when they get the ability/numbers to do it. The NC have to be highly coordinated because we're both great at long range and short range. Our weapons have this wonky thing going on where they want to be close quarters death hoses but the kickback we get with them forces us at range, so does our tanks and sniper rifles. We're a faction pegged as close quarters but we're not actually close quarters.

The factions actually don't work the way tehy're supposed to, VS rule at medium range, TR dominate at close range and NC completely destroy at long range. All of our equipment is set up for that. If any of you have used the Crow, you'd know that thing has a ridiculous range for ground targets. Our tanks are meant to fire from a distance, our bolt action sniper rifle forces us at a distance. We have a few weapons for close range, but all of our stuff forces us to fire select fire to be truly effective which means we need to be at a distance.
    • Up x 1
  10. NachoFoot

I want one of those NC "long range" MAX units, Air Hammers, Enforcer Modified, etc. You get where this is going?
  11. Phrygen

This is your answer OP.

Posts like this are the reason TR players troll these forums. These kind of posts encourage that trolling behavior.

The reality is its populations that are the issue. The striker and Fractures will be nerfed or changed after optimization. Beyond those two weapons there really isn't an issue. ZOE is also imbalanced. NC have it a bit rougher sure.

The truth is that population is the issue not balance. Having been on a VS dominated server, i never thought ZOE was the reason why. It was because of trends in populations. However posts like the one I quoted are made, and then TR trolls post the "its just you ur bad" posts, because they get tired of the complaints about TR weapons and see an easy target for trolling.

See what you want OP, but the real attitude that most TR players have is that the game is relatively balanced. They know on a lot of servers they have the highest populations and are winning the WDS as a result.
  12. DashRendar

See even with ZOE I never really thought VS was OP. One overpowered unit does not an overpowered faction make, not when there are as many things to do and roles to play as there are in Planetside 2. With TR, literally everything TR has is a straight upgrade to what everyone else gets, except for Fractures and Comets balance, those are sidegrades of each other for the most part, but they're both still a mile ahead from the Falcons/Ravens and therefore there is an imbalance. TR is imbalanced. It's because TR is imbalanced that a majority of people want to play TR. It's chicken or the egg sir. People with enough experience in game know that they will be most effective on TR because their kit is the best for people of average ability, and so they shift.

Yes, I should trust a BR96 TR with a KD of 29.42 that the game is balanced and that TR is absolutely fine as it is. Truly a stalwart position to take. Commendable.

If you click this link, click "season" and think the game is balanced, then I don't know what to tell you. I guess we'll wait until the TR nerfs start rolling in and then I guess I'll say I "told ya so."

https://players.planetside2.com/#!/wds

Maybe try this link also:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Auuq9uRSiMyOdDdhdmZxdEVqcVJsWGo0MDhzWE5xY0E#gid=0

Tell me more about how biased I am.
  13. Phrygen

There is no point. You will not change your mind regardless of what is presented to you.

That said, those WDS scores prove my point that the issues is almost entirely population based. Thanks.
  14. MaxDamage

Because we are the boldest.
    The most manliest.

Deal with it.
  15. DashRendar

It doesn't matter, the scores point to an imbalance, a game that is not a level playing field. A rebalancing MUST come from it lest the game die out and fast. That you must agree on, no?
  16. Phrygen

Yes. They point to an imbalance in population numbers. Striker nerfs and fracture nerfs wont change that. Nerfs to ZOE didn't change VS pops on mattherson. What changed mattherson pops was school starting in September.
  17. Boomotang

Yet another person who doesn't understand why POPULATION balancing is next to impossible in a game like this without pissing off too many people. It has too much of a social aspect to it that makes it successful. You must learn to enjoy the game for what it is. The "game dying out fast" talk has been going on for quite a while.

I can only speak for myself. The only reason I chose TR was because when I read the info on each faction I liked theirs the best. I'm not gonna switch factions after I've put so much time and certs into my TR, still like their lore the best, and have made too many connections with people on TR that I'm not going to break.
    • Up x 1
  18. Simferion

I think there should be a rebalancing of weaponry among the factions and then there should be a ingame way to balance population differences. XP bonuses aren't the way. A new resource system with bonuses to underpopulated faction(s) and maluses to overpopulated one(s) could be an example.
  19. Ash87

Applicable video

Try to be constructive guys, no point in resulting to going after people you have never met with random insults as to their own maturity, about arbitrary class and factional choices. :)
  20. Jachim

Why is it a blame game with the NC/VS? They make literally thousands of threads about this issue. Dozens DAILY trying to drum up excuses why they're losing so badly in the stupid, contrived little game SOE has spat out to bide time for their so-called 'performance update'.

They blame the TR for balance issues the TR has no control over. They insult TR in their stupid little threads, and make this big fuss about them being overpopulated.

Well, fact is, the TR are overpopulated in an underpopulated game. SOE has failed us. No matter how much of your nerd rage you throw at the TR, it's ultimately SOE's fault for not having a vibrant enough community. Literally there are less than 100 people on Waterson in the early AM hours. During peak time, we can barely fill one continent let alone the three, going on FOUR continents they're going to have.

They have a massive population problem. With more people come more options for filling continents and allowing for more balanced play even with one population outnumbering another at this or that time. If they could get more people to try the game out, you might see an influx of new people, but as it stands the game's just not getting enough population to keep it interesting at all.