[Video] - Nanoweave is getting out of control

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Mustarde, Oct 13, 2013.

1. Lazaruz

To be honest, I've gotten used to it by now. But there are some occasions that make me want to punch a baby seal in the nose...
    Yesterday I managed to land a 485m (give or take 5m) head shot on a AV turret engineer who was killing our tanks, only to see him run off panicking into the background. I was pretty gutted at that moment.
  2. JimRussle

Heck it's so easy for a terrible sniper. There should be nothing stopping you from getting a video of ownage right now, right?
    • Up x 1
  3. JimRussle

Yeah that's the funny thing. People are more upset by a sniper who had to leg it to a good position and gets a single kill only to move somewhere else than a tank or plane raining AOE hell on 20+ people and wiping everyone off the map.
    • Up x 3
  4. Get2dachoppa

You realize snipers are especially vulnerable to other snipers, right? Its not like snipers are ever counter-sniped in return. So yes, we want OHK headshots even though we die by them just as much as anyone else, perhaps even more so since the act of lining up headshots makes us easy targets ourselves.

Funny you bring up tanks and snipers. If you're going to make that argument, you better not just single out snipers. Mustarde in the video took a OHK headshot from a tank. What chance did he have to kill that guy in the tank? Zero. The OHK is not fun for anyone but the tanker (they don't even need headshots!).

This is a non-argument as the name of the class is irrelevant. We could officially be called "Cloakers" or "Ghosts" or "Recon" or "Scouts" or "Flibberyflippers" for all I care. As long as we remain the only class with access to sniper rifles, we can fulfill the role of being snipers.
    • Up x 3
  5. TTex11

I hereby propose we petition SOE to change the name of the class to Flibberyflippers.
    • Up x 8
  6. Dingus148

7. Raraldor

while I see where you're coming from about it being a problem, I think it's necessary for there to be a full on counter to one shot kills. I only watched up to your first four nanoweave encounters and the funny thing is two or three of them were able to be sniped again, they just moved slightly to the left or right. It's almost as if you were trying to make nanoweave seem like a bigger problem than it is. Sure, maybe they should make it so nanoweave 4 is the point in which you tank headshots. I'm not one to argue semantics, I am just saying I feel it should be there and I'm fine with how it is now.
  8. Get2dachoppa

Except nanoweave can currently stop OHK headshots from sniper rifles at <100m. It will even stop OHK headshots <50m when a suppressor is equipped. Even if I don't agree with them, I can understand why people dislike being killed by a sniper headshot from long range (say 150+m away). But tanking sniper headshots within SMG range? That's just ridiculous.
  9. Vaphell

Dude, when everybody and their grandma sported flak to protect themselves from the HE spam, sniper rifles were OHK and yet infiltrators were still an absolute bottom of the barrel when it comes to SPM. Most outfits consider snipers a waste of slots and that's for a good reason. According to you they should have owned the game then, yet i remember that HAs and ENGs were dominant all that time and still are. Snipers in this game are too niche and too easy to shut down (anything mechanical or max, which this game has in great numbers, and that's on top of MGL pro tactic called moving), they will never dominate.
    And if you think there are too many noob snipers, countersnipe for easy certs. Or pull harasser or ESF and mop them up, it's not like they can do anything to you. Pulling counters to things the enemy overcommitted is what's the 'combined arms' game should be about, among other things.

And that matters how, when you are simply unable to kill anybody who is half aware and runs to safety after the initial HS?
    NW5 vs Bolt Driver = 50m, with suppresor on - 30m. The edge without the purpose and without the effectiveness means nothing. How fast HA will autospray you at that distance?

Classic strawman. There is a big group of aggressive snipers who almost never bother with ranges beyond 100m and in fact it's them who are most penalized by NW. Mustarde used to play very aggressively with suppressed rifles, yet he pulled back. The penalty for failure when you are right in the middle of enemy group is too severe, when you depend on OHKs to survive. Directional dmg indicator = swift death to a sniper with blown cover.

Sure, if you plink people from 200m you are almost perfectly safe, but when you run around with SAS-R and you still plink people around the 50m mark, then there is a problem. There is almost no safety left and you are sprayed all the time and for what? Take into account that snipers invest a lot of time into flanking and positioning and often they are very far from the nearest spawn. That's a lot of downtime. So they have better KDR? Who cares, it's not like KDR buys you upgrades.

NW creates more bushwookies than there would be otherwise.
    • Up x 2
  10. LohaMoha

If they increase bolt action's min. damage from 550 to 600 only NW5 will save you outside 100m, but snipers will die even with NW5 to bolt action headshots at any range. Flak armor will get a buff, so less ppl. will chose NW in the future.
  11. Dingus148

Risk v. reward. Take the suppressor off, you get the instant kill. But now you have to keep changing positions. See how this is a trade-off? For instance, that nano user will melt in HE, won't have the support grenades to help his team and will have to rely on engies for ammo, running the risk of running dry. He also has a choice to make. Snipers do not get the best of all worlds by benefit of choosing to be snipers.
    • Up x 1
  12. MurderBunneh

I guess nanoweave is like snipers in a way. Ya those with no twitch skills sit back on rocks and shoot people who can't shoot back and you want a way to guarantee win everytime to reward this practice,.
    • Up x 1
  13. Raraldor

I've been doing this lately, and I feel further out than 50 meters is far enough to be able to run away if you do it quickly, in fact the 15-120 meter or so range is the only place I snipe in, as I feel any further out is boring/doesn't help the squad at all. That being said I've practiced enough at it and can countersnipe infiltrators with ease when they're 200 meters out, as I want to be able to do so to make it easier on the squad. Doing such a thing on anyone else though is just silly.
  14. MurderBunneh

This^. You are not liked it is a coward class and you will get no sympathy. Basically view you as mostly selfish mostly useless camping k/d ******.
    • Up x 1
  15. Raraldor

That's a rather closed off point of view don't you think? Another way to see it is the counter to a beefed up heavy assault. Two snipers can hold off a decent amount of people trying to cross a bridge, or a significantly smaller amount from getting into the point room from spawn. Infiltrators certainly aren't useless, and as far as cowardice goes backstabbing is the preferred way to fight for any class, we just do it better while sacrificing our armor that saves so many other classes in face to face combat.
  16. Campagne

Personally, I do not find nano-weave armor that much of a problem when sniping --usually one can make a follow-up shot, and if not the victim tends to preoccupy themselves by huddling into a fetal position behind heavy cover, gently rocking back and fourth, rendering them useless to the battle-- when compared to the many other problems, difficulties, and bugs often associated with the specific playstyle.
    • Up x 1
  17. Get2dachoppa

If by "top of the food chain" you mean the class best suited to engage at long range, then yes. I don't see that being any different then how a Heavy Assault tends to dominate in CQC with their shield ability and access to OHK shotguns, for example. As I said, the very nature of sniping tends to make us sitting ducks for other snipers. Its very much a double edged sword for us. My point was snipers get blown away by other snipers all the time, and while I can't speak for other Infiltrator players, it certainly doesn't ruin the game for me.

Tanks don't need 12x scopes because they don't require precision shots to be effective. They also don't have to deal with scope sway or hold breath mechanics to steady their shots. Maybe you've never seen tanks from 200m away shelling a base and farming kills before? As someone who's been killed by AV and lolpods before, Infiltrators are just as vulnerable to that too. Yes, they render from further away but that is little consolation if they OHK me from 200m away while my attention is elsewhere. And even if I do notice a tank, evasion is my only option. I certainly can't return fire and possibly kill the tank as I could if it was another sniper (I'm speaking as if I was playing an Infiltrator, of course).

And telling me to get good, I could turn it around and say "use cover, keep your head down, don't stand still and make yourself an easy sniper target and let your own snipers cover your advance".

Sniping isn't our sole role, but we are the ONLY class in PS2 that is entirely anti-infantry specialized. We have zero innate AV options at our disposal. So I think an argument could be made that what we sacrifice against combating vehicles we should gain in being able to reliably eliminate targets at range with OHK headshots. Where did you get the invis recon and sabotage role from? Here's something I pulled from the PS2 Players description on Infiltrators that seems relevant: "Their long-range sniper rifles are amongst the most powerful on Auraxis, allowing them to take down targets at even the most extreme distances with deadly precision." Extreme distances being <40m? Lulz.
  18. Corezer

you got 5 sniper kills I think, and remained on the back lines, with no deaths that weren't erased by revives.

what's your complaint again?

when I play, I have to get both close, and in an advantageous position, just to even start getting kills more efficiently than any other class. plus if I die at any point, I'm either in enemy territory, or I'm in some sort of position not reachable by medic. I have all the AV capacity to take out maybe 10 tanks a day without vehicles, and I mean a full day, not a "I played one hour today" day. If they simply spend some certs on radar, I am countered far better than nanoweave counters you.

plus, as one of your supporters said, your targets were baddies, most sitting still not doing anything, so I'm sorry if nanoweave destroyed your afk farm.

I cant tell you how many times, in mid range like 50m or so, I have had an infiltrator go toe to toe with me, which their designed to lose at and win, because even though I'm drilling him, the flinch is so low that it doesn't move your crosshairs off of a head sized target.

The other day I got up to one from behind, maybe 10-15 meters, and started shooting him. Again, in the half second it takes to kill anyone, he jumped up and to the side, did a 180, and before landing headshot me. I don't know if he no scoped or quick scoped, but either way the bloom was huge from the jump.

Why should infiltrators be able to CoDify this game up close, and be able to 1 shot at render range?

I really think that's what these players want, a game where every normal gun kills as slowly as now, with sniper rifles as good as in their CoD or BF games, so they can make 1080p videos of them doing 1080 quick scopes off the top of a tower all day.

seriously, you went at least 5-0 not counting pistol kills with no inability to snipe more besides for your own lack of patience, quit whining. The only guy you killed that might have been about to contribute to the enemy defense was the one getting ready to pull a vehicle. They were staging AV to counter you vehicles, and you sent in snipers to counter their counter, and they equipped nanoweave to counter that counter, and you're countering their counter by making a video of you stupidly trying to smash your rock through their paper, and coming here to ***** and moan about it.

I will side with nanoweave being straight removed (it would probably benefit me, seeing as regen and resist shield synergize with it) the day infiltrators get an ADS moving CoF of 2, and a jumping ADS CoF of 7, along with about 10x flinch multiplier.
  19. Kyouki

So that one class' exclusive weapon should be useless for the benefit of people who so are entitled they think a shot to the head from a Bolt action sniper rifle shouldn't kill them?
    • Up x 1
  20. Delta102

Not sure where people are getting this idea that by buffing sniper rifles to ohk that infiltrators will all of a sudden become a powerful and common class. Beta and several months of live had this feature and the infiltrator was largely considered a bad class that had little to no impact on battles.