[Idea] More Warpgate Immersion

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by NaySayer, Jun 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NaySayer

2. IamDH

Great idea. I'd also like each warpgate to suit the faction visually

VS WG could look really high-tech and TR WG could be filled with strikers/ something military-like
    • Up x 1
  3. -Synapse-

How about they add some functional facilities inside the warpgates? Like command rooms were leaders can get a RTS-ish view and control over their squad/platoon, or a stage for speeches, or a lounge where we can all strip down to our skivvies and watch TV while eating popcorn.
    There's so much space between those 3 prongs, put it to good use for Pete's sake!
    • Up x 3
  4. SaltyRichard

5. NaySayer

6. Maverick-Hunter

I love this idea, and would like to see it implemented. I need to find some more inspirations to live up here :/
    • Up x 1
  7. NaySayer

8. TheBloodEagle

[IMG]
    • Up x 7
  9. NaySayer

10. -Synapse-

I hope the optimization patch will allow SOE to add some of these things without making the frame rate dip too much, if that was what was stopping them in the first place.
    • Up x 2
  11. Maverick-Hunter

[IMG]

Tony Stark also approves that SOE should bring back the beta night!
    • Up x 2
  12. Maverick-Hunter

Pardon, i meaned that there should be more warpgate immersion. Sry x.x...both threads are awesome!

[IMG]
    • Up x 2
  13. TheBloodEagle

Found some more interesting examples:

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    • Up x 6
  14. NaySayer

15. cPasqui

otra idea es que se pueda invadir el warpgate pero poner guardias "elites" NPC que protegan la instalacion. que haya mas edificios, como una "ciudad" dentro del domo de energia ademas de las otras ideas que cuando se capture una instalacion importante del coso del centro salga un rayo de luz y que en las tv salga como "se a capturado la instalacion!" y que haya otros npc que reparen los vehiculos sin necesidad de que te salgas de el.

**ENGLISH**
    another idea is to be able to invade the warpgate but put guards "elites" NPC that protect the installation. put more buildings, as a "city" within the dome of energy in addition to the other ideas that when you capture a major installation of the arena's center comes a ray of light in the tv out as "the installation was captured! "and there are other npc to repair vehicles without you get away from it.
  16. nubery

Give us immersion! Bump for great justice.
  17. Captain Seasick

If you're just gonna translate it to english afterwards, why do you even bother typing it up in... whatever language that was first? Since just a tiny li'l fraction of all the users on these forums can read/understand/write/etc. specific, non-english languages (X users per language Y, fyi), why would you bother with the mumbojumbo at all? Doesn't make sense. Like, at all. o_O

Anyway... as for your "idea", it reeks an awful lot of a crappy, poorly functioning WoW-concept. Also: SOE themselves have said that they will NEVER implement ANY kinda AI for PS2. They (just as most (I hope) of the players) realise it's just a gigantic waste of time, energy and resources.
  18. FIN Faravid

Speakers would be great to have every where, when facility gets captured, it says something like "for the republic!!!", "freeeddoooommm!", and something like "this is a step towards new humanity" (little weird, in game it sounds better), to mock enemy a little, while boosting morale of soldiers who captured it. When facility gets attacked, propaganda orders TR to fight to the death etc.
    • Up x 1
  19. FIN Faravid

(sorry for douple post, i am pn phone)
    I think NPC soldiers at warpgate could be communication officers and other support units, and when (in future with continent lock) enemy attacks at warpgate, they fight with pistol. That would give nice immersion how even officers take arms to defend HQ. Some people don't want NPC:S to this game, i don't know if this is too much for them or would it be accetable.
    • Up x 1
  20. MaCritz

Why not add 5-7 personalized buildings exclusive to the top 5-7 outfits in the server (for each faction). The outfit gets to own them if they maintain themselves at the top of the leaderboard.

This would somehow promote teamwork among certain players who seems to be so allergic to following orders. Like if some random players were to enter these 'club houses', they would be stopped by some artificial guards or bouncers. Then they would say something like 'You want to be with the elites? Learn the word teamwork first...' or anything that would taunt players who like to play solo or disobey orders. In fact, it would encourage new players to be part of something bigger than themselves.. Players who are interested in joining the outfit would apply at the board placed near the 'club houses'.

These buildings can be personalized based on the outfit's preference and any decorations can be bought by station cash.. It can have a flag that shows the outfit-designed crest or logo... Then there would be TVs that show the top five outfit players or player of the month or maybe outfit news.. If the outfit loses their top 5 spots in the leaderboard to another outfit, then the latter will get access to their very own building and the former outfit has to packed their bags.. However, the outfit still gets to keep whatever decor they bought so that they can redecorate once they retain their top 5 spot (as an example)...

Apart from that, the building would include a briefing room where players can gather together for pre-mission briefings.. There would be a live interactive map where the platoon leaders can use it for mission briefings...

The warpgate area is so huge with buildings that don't serve a purpose. I think it's time to change that..
    • Up x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.