Bring back the beta night!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Seaker Drone, Mar 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Whizzmaster

Come on, SOE. This has over 60 PAGES of response. Give your players what they want.
    • Up x 6
  2. bobek388

Alongside with the darker nights, vehicle turrets should have an option of searchlights to light up area they're aiming at. Liberators and Galaxies should also have searchlights which light up the ground area to help other soldiers fight enemy. Mosquito should have an option of a front light.
    • Up x 4
  3. -Synapse-

How long does it take for SOE to act on a suggestion thread? If an idea this popular doesn't catch a second glance, why have this forum in the first place?

If you're not gonna listen to us then don't give us the illusion of agency. That's just cruel...
    :(
    • Up x 6
  4. Lucidius134

wasn't this on the roadmap though
  5. -Synapse-

Don't remember it if it was.
  6. CleanUpGuyCZ

¨
    Maybe making the flashlight a free weapon attachement for every weapon. Anyway, nobody buys a stupid flashlight for 100 certs.
    • Up x 2
  7. Spiritualised

I think its a dreadful idea but it seems loads of the community want it. I hated it in beta and Im sure to hate it again. Im thinking they should have differing time zones across the continents so if its night on indar you can go and play day time on esamir or amerish.
  8. Seaker Drone

It would not be everywhere... just outside any bases. Ie, Techplants would be lit the hell up while the middle of the sea bed would be dark as hell
    • Up x 3
  9. Anvildude

That's pretty much the idea. There's three (or maybe more?) continents- that means three different time zones. Assuming Auraxia has a similar rotational speed to Earth- that means that only a third of the 'day' cycle would be night- so only one continent would be night at a time.
    • Up x 3
  10. Spiritualised

You've misinterpreted what I said. SOE can keep everybody happy this time, simply by bringing back beta night and giving the continents their own time zones. If they did it that way you could play night time warrior 24/7 if you wanted to and i could play sunshine soldiers without ever having to see the night. Everybodys happy.
    • Up x 2
  11. sodopro

Goddamn it soe, give it here!
  12. GoodSamaritan

100% with this. Needs to be done, night-time was the 4th faction in this game while I learned how to fly low to the ground. It often won.
    • Up x 1
  13. Maverick-Hunter

once more my reaction to the suggestion of a darker night:
    [IMG]
    and my reaction to thread:
    [IMG]
    I love it!
    The night must be darker again!
    • Up x 6
  14. YamiNoTenshi

For the night is dark and full of TR.
  15. Kilmeister

Had another laugh about this last night in outfit chat. "Oh no, it's night, I better go equip my night vision because I can only see EXACTLY THE SAME DISTANCE as I can during the day"...
    • Up x 3
  16. ZeroErrorz

GUYS LETS MAKE A SECOND ACCOUNT SO WE CAN MAKE LIKE IT TWICE AND HAVE THE TWICE THE PAGE THIS THREAD HAVE NOW LETS MAKE IT HAPPEN GUYSSSSSS
  17. Strikejk

*Seeing this garbage, wondering why my fun-thread got deleted again*

Topic:
    Like every night I would just raise my gamma to daylight again and killing ppl who doesn't so, better for me!
    DO IT! :eek:
  18. sagolsun

You could raise your gamma, but it wouldn't do you much good - not if the night was properly implemented, anyway. To make nights viable, they'd have to put a cap on maximum distance before object is rendered the same color as the background, unless illuminated.

I'd also like another scope. Relegate IRNV to a day/night 2x scope meant to see through smoke/dust and enhance contrast, then create a short-range thermal, optimized specifically for night-time combat.

Flashlight would counter IRNV to some degree and thermal severely.
  19. Flukeman62

20. gzero

GUYS.
    GUYS.
    WHAT IF.
    NOW LISTEN UP.
    WHAT
    IF.
    WE GOT TWITTER ACCOUNTS.
    AND told smed to give us beta nights.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.