World Domination Series Scores

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by ItsJustDash, Sep 16, 2013.

1. LordMondando

Well your as aware as anyone the issues with getting the rest of the NC up to a level of 'competancy'. As things stand we can cajole and that's about it. So new mechanics are needed there.

However, as i've said here and elsewhere. I'd be far less worried about loosing any given battle, or indeed map. If loosing on some level came down to our own tatical and strategic failings, instead of simply being swamped under a tide of humanity as it does far too often atm.
    • Up x 1
  2. Eclipson

Are you that petty? Grow up. They did the same thing, but with Clegg, playing NC on Monday. Today they will probably do VS.
  3. SteelGonads

Well, all i have to say here is that we don't experience such big unbalance in Ceres. Alerts are won by TR and NC, with the Vanu sometimes clinching them too. You can see it in the current score. I'd say it's an interesting server to play on, specially when compared to the other 3 EU servers. I really can't find a reason why it's like that on Ceres and not in the rest of the EU servers.

My suggestion would be to give some kind of XP reward for new players who wanted to join a server where their faction was underpopulated, or some other kind of incentive. Other than that i can only see a solution by not allowing any new players on a faction that has an overpopulation of some kind.

Just another thing: Why do you think the Prowler is OP? It will lose on a close encounter with a Magrider or a Vanguard. It's an artillery platform, it has to bombard from afar (which is not always practical). Sure, it kicks *** in those huge tank battles on the plains of Auraxis, but bend around a corner and find a Vanguard or a Magrider and i wanna see who's OP then.
  4. Phattie

Miller's skill cap is significantly higher than the other servers. Couple this with overpowered TR weapons (hi fracture / vulcan) and several pseudo-organised zergfits on TR, they are undoubtedly going to win. The NC on Miller are abysmal; just running around completely disorganised getting farmed. We don't have any equivalent zergfits.

Alas, we'll not stop trying despite preferring to keep our integrity and not throwing endless corpses-to-be and res grenades at the enemy.
  5. Kociboss

Lmao, not this petty BS again.
    • Up x 1
  6. Ulysees

There is nothing we can do as players about the TR populations during alerts, but what we could do as players is work more closely together to make it so that in our sector of any given map we are close enough to provide support to each other and thus mitigate somewhat the enemies superior numbers but by and large we are not doing this to any great extent and that is our failing as NC outfits, especially given we have a mechanism in place to allow us to work together if we wanted to in the form of the NCTO.

Outside of alerts during primetime I normally find the server pops to be not too badly out of skew, though this WDS event may well change this so that TR do have a constant pop advantage for the next 5 weeks, but if so then is that not even more reason for alliance outfits to band together and work harder to support each other?

Until SOE do something to lessen the advantage that numbers give it is upto us as outfit leaders to try and do something to mitigate the morale effect fighting un-even fights is having on our outfits and like I say if we in the NCTO were all working together night in night out and it had zero effect on the outcome of the fights I'd throw my hands up in dispair but we are not, as such I'll keep pushing for us to work together more often and support each other more and hopefully we can get better fights where-ever the NCTO plants it's banner because better teamwork and co-ordination should lead to better results for those outfits taking part.
  7. TimeyWimey

Having the pop advantage as a tr on miller is not fun to the tr's either. I like a good fight, and finding one is tough. This event will just make the tr advantage bigger I think.. But hey, I'm not complaining, free xp boosts and whatnot.

How about if the score would be calculated in relation to population? Ie:

nc have a pop of 10, vs have a pop of 10, tr have a pop of 12 ---> nc capping a 1 point zone, they get 1 point as would vs, but if tr capped a 1 point zone they'd only get 0.8 points? Or nc/vs would get 1.2 and tr 1.. whatever.

meh.

e: that way nc/vs would at least have a chance, now the battle is already fought after just a few days..
  8. NiteJazz

yeah I didn't notice. Welp, either way whoever wins, I still get the prizes cuz I play all factions.
  9. IronWarrior

Timey, maybe if BMC didn't join in zerg battles you might be enjoying it a lot more.

There are always good battles going on and the "pop advantage" is anything from 10 to 150+ per day which isn't that much when broken over 3 maps.
    • Up x 1
  10. TimeyWimey

Heh, have to agree here. We're not always zerging though ;(

....right?
  11. LordMondando

12. LordMondando

But its not 'broken over 3 maps' is it dear Iwarriors. Its concentrated into 3-5 battles across said 3 maps.

The whole 'lololololo I are troll, I deny serious issue harming miller and the game' is cute and all. But playing devils advocate or whatever it is you think your doing (or maybe your really just blind to it, god knows). Is at this point serving no useful purpose.
    • Up x 2
  13. GamerOS

Depends on your definition of zerg, considering the TR outnumber their opponents in almost every fight I'd say almost every TR fight is a zerg.

Nothing quite like playing as 2 squads and getting hotdropped by a platoon worth of TR outfits looking for a 'good fight'
  14. Stanis

Define 'significant population skew'

On Miller

above BR30 -- 80% or more players are in an outfit
    above BR30 -- the number of active outfit members is skewed towards 30% NC, 30% VS, 40% TR

Seems to me that when you consider the long term, active players of the game it matches closely to both the population we see during alerts, the results on WDS so far ..

Here are the stats I pulled from between 04-Sept-13 and 12-Sept-13
    • Up x 2
  15. Cougarbrit

http://1.bp.************/-hTNxQzLTBac/T9NXeqlUhUI/AAAAAAAAAA8/MFWCXFt2aEc/s1600/omgomgomgomgomg.gif

The face of every TR here.

LOLJK.

WDS is certainly proving interesting.
    • Up x 1
  16. Being@RT

TR are off to a strong start on the third day!

With a quarter of the day behind us now, TR has improved their overall score generation from the earlier two days.
    At the beginning of the day, TR had a bit over 40% score, but todays score shows them at 44% so far. If they can keep this up we'll see the weekly score increase too! A very exciting pre-season indeed!

I am quite excited to be watching this and look forward to new interesting developments. TR is challenging common perceptions and assumptions of the devs, but that doesn't seem to be stopping them from saying population balance on Miller is not skewed!

There's a really big unknown - The dev community. Perhaps on week 2 devs wise up and adjust, or perhaps TR overpopulation turns out to have been a fluke, while VS/NC counter the threat and overcome by the end and deny the TR the win. If the dev community likes the premise and wants us to make it better then they can use what we learn in the preseason to better tune the Station Cash marketplace. I'm sure a +50% WDS score boost consumable would be wanted by the playerbase, for example.

:eek:
    • Up x 2
  17. Cougarbrit

Maybe if we hit 75% we'll get a dominating victory and end the NC and VS's misery early.
  18. Ghosty11

Fixed
    • Up x 2
  19. ZombieHunter

From a noobz perspective...

I joined Waterson because it's an "East" server, and chose Vanu because I liked the look of the armor. I've spent the last 2 weeks playing for fun and working my way up to BR18. In that time I've noticed that VS and NC seem fairly even as far as how many battles are won/lost. However, TR is a whole new ball game. I have no idea "why" this is, but it is more than obvious that TR is capable of steamrolling thru just about anything on my server.

I'm not saying they're OP, or have better gear, or anything else. But from my perspective, this game is quickly losing my interest due to the fact that we lose 90% of battles against TR and 90% of my battles are against TR. It's hard enough just trying to figure out what to do in this game, but losing that much just makes me want to join the TR so I can win on occasion. Actually, if I hadn't spent money on my VS, I would have probably jumped ship by now.

Oh, and as for the WDS, this week has just been that much worse.
    • Up x 1
  20. Rolfski

TR was actually the most underpopped and underperforming faction of all servers when TE was "playing ball".

For what it's worth: TR outfits on Miller have teamed up and agreed on a single strategy for the World Domination Series. It involves procedures for cooperation, key bases to hold and continents to focus on during the whole event. They have an inter-outfit Teamspeak channel for day-to-day ops.

How much this all influences WDS outcome on Miller remains to be seen of course. Personally, I'm sceptical about this because TR Miller has relatively a great deal of pubbies, other factions on Miller (VS mainly) are organized as well and we're talking prime time only here (although prime time seem to last longer on Miller vs other servers).

I would like to know though if other factions on other servers have teamed up for this event as well and are pursuing joint strategies.