When did the Combat Medic become an issue?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Eclipson, Sep 3, 2013.

1. Rene Korda

Just make revive take longer than healing from 0 to full health.
  2. Spartan 117

The primary issue I have with medics are the outfits that run 50% medic composition. I've gone into rooms, killed 6-7 people alone & 1 of them will get a revive grenade off. Yeah...

This is compounded even further if you are playing on a server that your faction is underpopulated. On Waterson it is not uncommon to be outnumbered 2 or even 3 to 1. Meaning the odds are already heavily against you. Now throw in tons of medics & you get the idea. Never ending zombie/zerg that cannot be put down.
  3. VonStalin

I like playing medic on this game. Dont change anything to medic please. Its cool, that you can actually play as pacifist and still gain a good amount of XP just helping your team. Team without medic is dead team.
  4. gualty

It will cause a couple of issues:
    1) The cert for medical tool: untill lvl3 it will take so long medics will simply skip doing their job.
    2) Respawn time: how many people will wait for you to revive them (or most probably see the medic dies while trying to because 90% of the scenario where is good to revive people is during fast paced combat).
    3) Revive give full health only at max level, so we could run into a scenario where medics that revive with 50% healt are faster than someone with full certs.

Still think revive and healing should have different mechanic.
  5. Stew360

Sorry but ( full health ) in planetside = Shield + health , in ps2 if you have no shield it take 1/2 time to kill , fresh out revive peoples are killable in 3 to 4 shot lol so this isnt a issue by any mean

iN PLANETSIDE 2 half of the health is actual HP the other half is shield , No ones as ever been revive with shield on
  6. Rene Korda

1) Specialization might be a nice way to limit medic-spam without hampering those who actually take time to cert the class properly and enjoy its playstyle.
    2) The major part of the problem is that revive is seen as a full-scale alternative to respawning - or even a better alternative. It should be situational, otherwise it unbalances the game, particularly hurting the combined arms. Infantry should depend heavily on spawn options that are vulnerable to vehicles, that is the precondition for proper combined arms in PS2.
    3) Make revive take the say time as 0 to full health healing, irrespective of how much health the revived person has.

I should point out that I am in now way insisting on my idea, it's just an idea. Some limits on medic's revive ability should, in my opinion, definitely be instituted though. They might be less game-breaking than the heavily abused squad deploy mechanic, but they're still game-breaking in many situations.
    • Up x 1
  7. Rene Korda

Please read they as it. Edit function does not seem to work for me on this forum.
  8. Sock

It's always been broken, but we're reaching a point where more and more players have max rank med tools and revive nades unlocked.
  9. allattar

One res grenade and suddenly you are standing in the middle of a bunch of enemy soldiers. 1 sec later they are all up.

Heavy medic squads are incredibly difficult to counter.

I still want a counter to stop revives. Curb stomp the corpse. A deployable nanite blocker. And no sq u ad deploy on the dead leader.
  10. Being@RT

I think the time it takes to revive someone is balanced against the respawn timer, which is very short. I mean the respawn timer one has without being revived.by a medic of course.

I'd actually prefer it if respawn timers were longer and revives took longer than healing. But I can't approve of increasing revive time before that.

---
    Buffing the healing portion of the medical applicator to be faster than revives would have healing "make sense"... but also create heal tanking, potentially to the point where a player being healed cannot be killed unless 1000+ damage is applied instantly.
  11. Torok

A resist shield heavy nanoweave 5 with a dedicated medic is scary :D
  12. Flapatax

You have a medic gun underneath that MAX armor Stew?
  13. Bill Hicks

With the TTK so low in this game. Medics are fine.

Infinite ammo out render rocket lord aka the engineer is the only OP class in this game.
  14. Bill Hicks

Do you people even read the crap you write ? " I've gone into rooms, killed 6-7 people alone & 1 of them will get a revive grenade off. Yeah... " OH so you are some super soldier who kills 7 guys by yourself? and you get mad that one guy uses teamwork and revives his team? lol you people are so dim. That is what a medic is for! to give an advantage to his team over lonewolves.

I lone wolf all the time and I accept that fact that a medic can come in and reverse every death I create. If you actually used teamwork, then your TEAM would make sure the enemy wouldnt get revived.
    • Up x 4
  15. MrK

"but.... but..... I'm super duper special player owning everyone, they MUST bow down to my prowess!!!"
  16. Flapatax

Keep the ratio the same but multiply the players by, say, 20. At what point does a group reach critical mass and their efforts "count" for you? If 20 people can hold off 70-100+, should their efforts be undone because someone tosses a grenade at corpses behind their lines and insta-revives a bunch of heavies? I mean, you can see they are being revived, but you now have to watch their corpses, which no medic could've reached naturally, because they might just zombie on you?

Let people despawn corpses or at the very least drastically reduce the range of medic tools/nades. No fancy mechanics, just make being a medic actually challenging.

And yes, medic is my most played class. See avatar.
    • Up x 1
  17. Giggily

Medics ******* own. The other day I was fighting TR outside of Howling Pass at a rock formation on the north side. Their Sunderer was parked behind a little rock that has a hole in the middle, and all of the TR were rushing through it. Apparently someone got a great grenade toss off and killed everyone in/around the tunnel, at which point a TR medic through a revive grenade, and all of them rushed to one little corner, directly inside of my LoS. Because NC never has any ammo packs down I was forced to go through literally all of my ammo and rush them with a knife just from shooting so many dudes with no shields and like half health. TR medics just kept on throwing revive grenades onto the corpse pile, and I just kept on holding down M1 and the kills rolled in. My NC alt now has the highest NS-15M KPH on the server, from what I can tell.

Never change medics.
  18. Gammit

This. It happened in PS1's Forumside, and it's happening here too.
  19. gualty

Why instead turn our attention to the victim?
    Let's state medic is fine this way or cannot be changed.
    SoE could introduce some limitation regarding victims.
    Something like:
    1) Exlosive death deny revive.
    I get natites ways, but being unable to revive someone that bown up over explosives or hit by a 120mm sabot should not be so hard to accept.
    2) Multiple revive nerfed (timer or total deny).
    You die, i ress, you die i ress...this happened to me many times during combat, and is bad for many reasons: is boring, not fun, the noobs dont care to stay alive and it creates very sad and not fun situations during spwn camping. You make load of exp, but in a way that is quite disgusting.
    So to add a timer like "you can be revived once every 30 secs" or "you can be revived only twice, with a 3 secs 50% speed penalty for the second revive".

Expecially this second point could solve the problem you pointed out.

Healing remains, with no changes.
    Rewarding people that does not die, or good enough to take cover or evade after being hit.
    This way healing could shine again, and become even more useful than revive as it is now.
    • Up x 1
  20. Being@RT

I haven't yet seen a complaint against medics where someone killed 1 dude, then got killed by the medic.. and demands that medics be nerfed.

It's always at least 5 people they kill, because they're skilled and all that.

I happen to think that numbers _should_ trump skill (including teamwork). The question is 'how many'. How many enemies are you supposed to be able to kill? How big of a zerg should your skilled squad be able to fight and win against?

For the complainers, the answer will always be 'more than I/we can now', so nerfing the medic would just delay the complaint until they meet an even bigger force that ends up being revived by a medic or two.

Summing it up: Unreasonable expectations of fighting against superior numbers.