No Damage Bug Still Active, But Improved

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Kitt75, Mar 15, 2013.

1. tigerchips

It's more like a hit registration problem with me, however, I've seen the flickering of players mainly when my CPU is overclocked. I have seen a lot of people running in the sky as well, even when not overclocked.

If I log out and back in and go to a large fight the problem is still there. If I go to the training area I have no problem hitting enemies.

I was thinking if the game think's i'm dead it will stop registering the bullets so maybe that's related? I've seen an increase in the death bug as well.
  2. stannnis

Still get this problem when using the maxx bursters, a few days ago i was clearing the skys around the crown and got this bug with a twist - i could damage Tr but not damage VS.

it persisted for about half hour and in the end i gave up and rerolled engi
  3. Darkwulf

Ok so i tried playing without touching the HA class. I still got the bug so it has nothing to do with heavy assault.

I also was not able to fix it by repairing something with my engineer.

When I get this bug my repair tool and healing tool still work fine.

I also notice people seem to lag around more when I get the bug.

And when you have this bug, if you throw a grenade you cannot see the red grenade warning over the grenade. The grenade also will not explode it just rolls around like an egg and other people cannot see it.

I can drop C-4 but pulling the tiger will not set it off.

Tank mines and bouncing betty's dont work either.

A simple relog to character screen fixes the issue.

That is everything I know about this bug.
  4. Carcosa

Still getting this problem. It seems to happen during longer periods of not damaging anything.
  5. Greiztoph

I was flying my galaxy around an amp station in Amerish yesterday and was taking no damage from 3 sources... it felt like I was exploiting a bug >_> but it's something that can't be helped T_T
  6. Voraen

yeah this problem still exists. i get it after about 1 hr+ of play. Recently, unloaded half an extended full round of the pandora into an infiltrator but he did not die, i ended up dieing after he realised there was something hitting him. extremly annoying bug. pls fix.
  7. WUNDER8AR

Yes, experiencing the same this weekend. Granted, I always used to get desync issues in large battles (hits registering seconds after the actual hit, players warping, delayed voice commands/ healing/ repairing) due to my bad internet connection. However, there never used to be such issues for me in medium sized battles. Now usually after an hour or so of playtime the desyncing starts and is slowly getting worse, up to a point where hits don't register at all anymore and regardless of the amount of players in one area.
  8. NewConFreedom

Just had this pleasant bug hit me today, I hadn't heard of it before so I actually reported a TR player for hacking, I believe it was ticket #336, sorry for that.
    The strange thing in my case was that I must have played more than 4 hours straight when it appeared, When it first appeared I was playing as heavy and must have been no more than 3 feet away when I unloaded a full magazine with the Blitz on a TR Infiltrator and when she killed me she had no damage whats so ever. After a bit longer shooting different kind of things and doing no damage I changed the class just in case but that made no difference, I was just getting slaughtered and frustrated.
    I'm not installing any 3rd party software to fix this, SOE this is all yours!
  9. Atlas Orion

This bug has happened a few times for me already since joining Aug.7. For what it's worth, I AM using a gigabyte m/b as one user mentioned with a 3570k chip O/C'd to 4.4 ghz with easytune as well. Fan controls all set manually AFAIK.

Happens to me as an engineer, I played for about 6 hours before the bug got me (killed lol). Seems to happen a lot when I'm in a lightning, but that could just be because I'm in one so frequently ;). It's not giving me nerdrage yet, but I thought I'd mention it so that SOE and others know that it's still happening.

I'll try disabling ET6 as a possible fix if it gets really bad. Usually I just use it as an opportunity to restart the client and take a bio break and stretch.
  10. Smurfslicer

Same problem here, when i play for a few hours ... i cant hit or damage anything.
    (The problem starts 7/10 times in crowded situations)

Normally i just restart the game to solve the Problem.

When i close the game in order to restart the game , i always get the crash message " Planetside 2 has stopped running"
  11. Mindfix

This most definitely a widespread issue. I've seen post pop up in the past reguarding this but never a reply from a forum mod. Happened to myself just yesterday repaired my mosquito and then had to restart game. Anyone know of an ingame fix for this?
  12. Zero Cool

I have gotten this issue basically since the games inception. Its pretty random of when it will happen, sometimes I play for an hour or 2 before, sometimes it happens within 10minutes. Only in-game fix I have found is waiting it out. After about 10-20 minutes, the game will start working sometimes. Sometimes you can switch class to medic or engi and still be able to repair or heal things, but shooting is a no-no.

What's funny is, the characters you shoot react to being hit, they just don't receive any of the damage. You can kill like 3 guys, reload go for a fourth and the game will be broken and you will do no damage and die. Could be in tank, take 1 base, drive to other base and get there, engage a tank and do no damage and die, losing your tank.

There is no warning or error message when this happens, the warning is when you realize you cant damage anything. Happens more often in larger fights, but I also had it happen in a small 1-12 base skirmish.

Also funny to see a Mod on hear claiming they have no widespread problems, when there were several longer threads in the past about this very issue.
  13. JonboyX

I get this bug about once a week. I can say with some certainty that I have no additional background programs such as coretemp or speedfan running in the background, just Mumble, my AV, NVidia drivers and the game.

It happens only in busy fights. Moving hexes fixes the problem. Moving continents fixes it (probably due to previous point). Restarting the game fixes it (probably due to previous point).

It strikes me as a "them" problem, rather than an "us" problem where a hit isn't confirmed by the server.
  14. Osskscosco

I only get this with TR MAX since beta, but it goes away right after i could kill a bunch of enemies in front of me.
  15. Poltempoltem

I have this bug as well i can shoot everything i want with everything i want and no damage the enemy would have taken, in my vanguard i shot an infiltrator and it did no damage, sunderer, no damage and than i have to log out and log back in again to let me do damage again but after 10 mins i got the same problem again. I hope they fix it
  16. ZooL96

Same here i have this bug too pls Fix it
  17. AzureKnight

I have a Gigabyte and had Easy Tune installed. After seeing this thread as being directed by another user, I decided to try uninstalling Easy tune. A file called GUI.exe prevented me from uninstalling it. Further research(google) lead me to find that this GUI.exe program monitors your application usage and inputs.

It may be coincidence, but I have been playing without it lagging for the past 3 hours since I uninstalled Easy Tune. I'll need to do more runs tomorrow when I have more time, but for now, it seems that Easy Tune may be the problem.

I'm thinking that the software SOE uses to determine if you're cheating (the PunkBuster thing) is freaking out due the GUI.exe file as it collects data thinking it's maybe a hacking program, or perhaps Easy Tune automatically changing settings while you're in game is causing it.

As for pinging the servers, doing that now it averaged 67ms. It's possible either GUI.exe or a similar program may be the actual culprit.
  18. nikmaster

I am very saddened. This bug appeared in 2013, already in 2017 (four years !!!), however, the bug is not fixed - I feel deep disappointment.:mad:
  19. nikmaster

also:
    I am sure that the error is somehow linked to game client, because if you install a clean system (windows 7, 8, or 10), the bug disappear for a short time, which is important this time depends on the "Connect" if this option "bad" (red dot) the longer an issue will be "inactive" (a few days), if the connection is good (green dot) bug will start working within a few hours (1 is 2 hours). Bug has the effect of entropy - a maximum of a few days, the bug will operate continuously, starting from the entry into the game.
  20. MyPS2

I saw that a dev had referred to this as "desync". I used to get this and then the other aspects of desync came along. I fixed it with help from another thread.
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/ps2/index.php?threads/desync-issues-and-work-arounds.95695/
    # 4 was the trick for me.
    “To fix this problem, open up a command window and type in this:

bcdedit /set useplatformclock true

You will have to exit the command window and reboot before this setting can take affect. What this does is it changes Windows so the QueryPerformanceCounter function will be based on a fixed counter that is not influenced by SetFSB. That one line of code should correct this problem and your games will run fine when using SetFSB.

If you ever want to go back to the original buggered up timer that Windows uses then open up a command window and type in this.

bcdedit /deletevalue useplatformclock”
    Credit to BenYeeHua here.